The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Accents (the new armor beautification project)

Postby benuminister on Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 pm

I don't know about you guys but the new armor looks rather bland to me. So I was wondering if we shouldn't try to add some accents so that they look a little more ascetically pleasing. Plus if we go toward cloacks or capes they can also be used to keep the sun off our warriors so they don't beak to death in them in the sun.

So I'm asking all talented Tei'akaith artists to come up with designs that can be given to the crafters so they can in turn make our armor look a wee bit nicer.

Anyways try to get designs in in the next two weeks so we can collectively figure out what we want here.
Last edited by benuminister on Wed May 02, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Accents (the new armor beautification project)

Postby Hetros on Wed May 02, 2012 9:06 pm

benuminister wrote:I don't know about you guys but the new armor looks rather bland to me. So I was wondering if we shouldn't try to add some accents so that they look a little more ascetically pleasing. Plus if we go toward cloacks or capes they can also be used to keep the sun off our warriors so they don't beak to death in them in the sun.

So I'm asking all talented Tei'akaith artists to come up with designs that can be given to the crafters so they can in turn make our armor look a wee bit nicer.

Well Benuminster. How about something more? A General Accents contest? We design common accouterments of fashion for everyone, including clothing styles for faceless up here on the surface =D
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby benuminister on Wed May 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Because Het, I think others wouldn't like us to be touching their characters appearances but with the armor's standardization we can be a little more liberal in that manner.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Wed May 02, 2012 9:57 pm

oh i missed this thread ... posted the same thing in the smith topic.....i will fully support you... at least we could add a cape or loin cloth or something... or better yet we finish the whole squad thing now and every squad get a different color/symbol ;)
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby benuminister on Thu May 03, 2012 1:57 am

So you're suggesting a basic design with different regimental insignia? Well I guess we could do a badge or something on the shoulder for each squad.

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Thu May 03, 2012 2:15 am

Something like that ... i think about the war .. since we will split in squads i think everysquad will get featured depending on their action and it would be really nice if there is somethign to tell them apart.
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby Tsuris on Thu May 03, 2012 2:23 am

The shoulder pads are layered in a way that we could do trim on each panel of the plate's edges, this would stop it from being a big grey... sheet. Maybe each squad could get a different color?
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby minalia on Thu May 03, 2012 2:55 am

I kinda do agree that the armors need maybe some more colors but please i put this design originally to increase the warriors odds in surviving tough battles so looks were put as a non essential part. Just go with loincloth like the kyorl armors and maybe add a cape to help in camouflage in forest environment for summer and winter operations.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kran on Thu May 03, 2012 4:09 am

The armor in general represents our clan. If we want to add color to it then we should first officially change our clan's color. As of right now , the color of our clan is a greyish white which it seems that a majority of you aren't satisfied having such color. Gee, I wonder why...maybe because it's ugly.
Honu Al'dun Tei'kaliath
Kran
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby benuminister on Thu May 03, 2012 5:02 am

well if we do a design for each squad it would be fun. I'll do some sketches tomorrow that I'll post up.

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Wy'shira on Thu May 03, 2012 7:22 pm

I support a simple addition to the armor that designates squad. We don't want to make them too fancy, but right now they're a little bland. I adore the idea of working with the cool shoulder design to spruce things up with a band of color on one (or both) shoulders. Each warrior squad could get together and choose a squad color.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Thu May 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Well the smiths are busy with other things, but if you guys want to accent the armor then please do so =D

Also, Ben, if we expand it, it'd NOT be for other player characters, it'd be for FACELESS. EG: The dozens and dozens of free players we'll be getting who won't ever appear in the comic properly except in the background =P
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Return to Community Centre