The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Brorn's Funeral

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

My, it has been such a long, long time since i was here, i think i can see the rust as i type... lol *blush*

So Brorn has died... It's very sad, when a character dies, in any game, but he was one of the originals... the vets... :c we should really do something to commemorate the loss of a character such as his, he was always the fun one... :(

So what do you guys want to do...? a feast? maybe draw some pictures?

I would like to see a panel or two given as a speech to remember him by... like i said... he was one of the originals... *smallsmile*
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Brorn's Funeral

Postby Tsuris on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:21 pm

We could all get plastered and sing songs about how great a drinker he was 8P
or commemorate the time Anji kicked his butt then used him as a chair after he flirted with her

But, if anything I think we should do something to remember him by, if Meck ends up biting it too we'll have to do something for him as well

though I don't think that he'll get a whole panel, but Anji will probably say something about him
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Pariel on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 pm

Well, as unresting ghost, I will hijack this thread to say what I really want to say about this.

Do not mourn brorn with sadness, for he would not like to be remembered as such. He was such a party monster he'd have a toast thrown in his honor. He was loyal to a fault and he would not like for people to mind him even if he died. He always had a penchant for learning, not settling in something for long, so he would expect others to learn from his death.

If you allow me to get in character, once he was said that he could say some right things at the right moments. So he would say upon his death.

"Have Fun, because even if you die, no one can rob you out of it. And let others partake, for even if bonds can be broken, the good fun times will always be there."

And as a player whose character just died I say this. Do not fear a character's death. Do not mouth on whose was at fault. Instead reflect and try to learn from past mistakes. Even if he died i had a lot of fun. I wish I could make this game fun again. It's just a turn of the page, really, I'll come back with another character.

I am glad it was me, and in such a nice way to go. Because I had fun. And I want everyone else to not fret about this, but instead to make this game enjoyable.

For the sake of an old character that has neared completion, let us bond again and make the fun out of this game. All is forgiven.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Taruna on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:39 pm

Shouldn't we check if we can save him first? o_O
Taruna Tei'kaliath - Former Warmaster - 2nd Tir'ay Champ (Warr.)
Family
Nimaraidh
Because inside of everyone of us is a warrior
Whose courage is like a sword
But the biggest weapon is his heart
(Silbermond - Krieger des Lichts)
Taruna
Vel'akar

Postby Pariel on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm pretty sure he's dead. :/ And I'd want you people to priorize on the others now.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 pm

erm i dont understand WHY you are dead o_O were you just picked random or what happened? did you make an advice leading the attack somewhere that i missed?
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby Pariel on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Because the expedition had one too many blunders and I took the fall for the group. Most likely.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Tsuris on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:50 pm

The implications of that are a little.... disturbing.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Honestly, it looks like Brorn startled the kurr. It was scared from the mana attacks + the entire ambush scenario, flailed around in terror, and hit him while he tried to save the expedition. But regardless of what happened, I support a funeral or memorial of some kind. As Brorn was a pretty happy dude, we could make it a happy memorial, as Pariel suggested. ^^
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby benuminister on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:52 pm

*imagines brorn's funeral to include bagpipes and beer*
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:48 pm

he had badass moments too...

remember when he shoved a bottle of beer down the one bad guy faceless' throat? that was hardcore... XD
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Really? I don't remember that

Someone should do a post linking all the crazy stuff he ever did :P

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby James Rye on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:06 am

Pariel wrote:I'm pretty sure he's dead. :/ And I'd want you people to priorize on the others now.

*almost certain* is not *certain*. it miht be a hint of Thalar that we can still save Brorn, you, if we check, if we treat you immediatly. I don´task for that in the EA cause Meck needs that attention, but we can do so in the LA at least.
Theres not much we can do in the LA anyway with Anji gone, we can at least, just this one time, check upon him and see if we can´t save him.

I´d be fine if it had beena warrior, any warrior, but a civ means, we failed in protectin them. It was our job, we should have put a priority in protecting the civs, not for an attack of a Kurr whch ended up as meta. But we didn´t, we let the civs become night watch and defenders cause of Min and the warriors action was ignored cause of meta-gaming..., it was one huge failure, but we mght turn it around. We can still turn it around and end this expedition with no deaths, but two heavily injured and lots of lessons well elarned.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Catriana on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:34 am

Pariel wrote:Because the expedition had one too many blunders and I took the fall for the group. Most likely.

That is a very pessimistic way of looking at it, and kind of unfair to Thalar. I doubt she would simply choose you to 'take the fall'. :( She could have done what other GM's do and randomly rolled. I dunno, it just feels kind of like a blame thing, and I don't like thinking that to be the case.

And while I do believe 'almost certain' is not the same as 'certainly dead', I would be very careful as to how you all manage your next action. As for the funeral, I personally would have waited for the 'almost certain' to be clarified first, but I think planning a funeral in general to be a good idea. I'm personally down for a party, but that's mostly personal preference as well. I'd rather my death be celebrated as a going-away party than a final farewell because in the end, we'll all meet again in the great beyond someday. At least, I like to think so.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pariel on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:48 am

Catriana wrote:
Pariel wrote:Because the expedition had one too many blunders and I took the fall for the group. Most likely.

That is a very pessimistic way of looking at it, and kind of unfair to Thalar. I doubt she would simply choose you to 'take the fall'. :( She could have done what other GM's do and randomly rolled. I dunno, it just feels kind of like a blame thing, and I don't like thinking that to be the case.

And while I do believe 'almost certain' is not the same as 'certainly dead', I would be very careful as to how you all manage your next action. As for the funeral, I personally would have waited for the 'almost certain' to be clarified first, but I think planning a funeral in general to be a good idea. I'm personally down for a party, but that's mostly personal preference as well. I'd rather my death be celebrated as a going-away party than a final farewell because in the end, we'll all meet again in the great beyond someday. At least, I like to think so.

Well I meant the "i took the fall" as I "drew the wrong straw" , just to clarify.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Next

Return to Community Centre