The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Yes/No?

Yes - Lets try out a server
No votes
No- Well do fine with what we have.
100%

Total votes : 8

Ventrilo Server

Postby Elkantar on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:23 pm

I was curious, so I figured I should post and see what others say.

I know some use skype to chat amongst each other. but I was wondering what others opinions are on setting up a ventrilo server to chat on.

Itll be a constant, stable server. One that people can login and log-off whenever, without having to wait for others to use skype. I know people talk on the forums, but maybe having a server will get people more talkative about the game.

The going rate Im looking at is 15 people online at any time for $6 a month. I can raise it if people start using it more, if it takes off. Maybe spread it over to Relic Hunters and maybe even just to generally cover Drowtales too. :p
"Stand up be Strong,
know Right from wrong,
forever hence believe´╗┐ yourself."

Briesril - PtP character
Yasesril Nal'Sarkoth - Relic Hunter Character
Elkantar
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Ventrilo Server

Postby hedrah on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:21 pm

Elkantar wrote:I was curious, so I figured I should post and see what others say.

I know some use skype to chat amongst each other. but I was wondering what others opinions are on setting up a ventrilo server to chat on.

Itll be a constant, stable server. One that people can login and log-off whenever, without having to wait for others to use skype. I know people talk on the forums, but maybe having a server will get people more talkative about the game.

The going rate Im looking at is 15 people online at any time for $6 a month. I can raise it if people start using it more, if it takes off. Maybe spread it over to Relic Hunters and maybe even just to generally cover Drowtales too. :p

[[ oh that, i've been having this empty 25 person ventrilo server for like 6 months now, forgot i was paying for it.
hedrah
Summoner

Location: Ja'niike The Harverster of Food! (what? Expected Sorrow?)

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:36 pm

and why ventrilo? if we use a voice server lets use ts3 like everyone on this planet :P
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby waffleferret on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Ya Ventrilo has really poor quality from my experiences I can never understand anyone on it.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby hedrah on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:18 pm

[[ you people do know that's based on the quality set in the server configuration, right? meaning we can have quite a high quality 25 people T1 connection server if you just configure it right.

Which i happen to have done just that. :3
hedrah
Summoner

Location: Ja'niike The Harverster of Food! (what? Expected Sorrow?)

Return to Community Centre