The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Is this an awesome idea?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Cool Idea, let's make legendary blades for Anji and Badai
59%
No, let's make more weapons for the clan, pole-arms and great-weapons hoooo!
41%

Total votes : 22

Re: LEGENDARY BLADES FOR ANJI AND BADAI! SUBMISSIONS FOR CON

Postby BlackFulcrum on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:53 pm

You've got me torn on this one Hetros, on the one side I want to have Quan lugging around a huge two-hand sword, on the other side creating a pair of epic blades for Anjhi and Badai is quite awesome as well.
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Reayna Nimariadh Tei'kaliath - Airship Denizen
Quanhir'nylwae Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath - Warrior and Guardian of Ama'varde
BlackFulcrum
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Hetros on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:12 pm

BlackFulcrum wrote:You've got me torn on this one Hetros, on the one side I want to have Quan lugging around a huge two-hand sword, on the other side creating a pair of epic blades for Anjhi and Badai is quite awesome as well.

You realize that in all likely hood who lugs around what will be drawn randomly unless the warriors split into specific squads for the war? >_>
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby BlackFulcrum on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:20 am

Since the majority of the vote seems to go towards legendary blades, and in the end those will be much cooler then the generic ones, I'll go with the legendary ones.

But since I'm such a procrastinator, I only started yesterday, and I'm at work atm where I can't work on them, so when do these submissions have to be turned in?

BlackFulcrum
Demon

Postby James Rye on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:19 am

It´s still 5 days and 2 votes aren´t much, Quan. Better wait a bit before the other one gets 3 votes.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 pm

BlackFulcrum wrote:Since the majority of the vote seems to go towards legendary blades, and in the end those will be much cooler then the generic ones, I'll go with the legendary ones.

But since I'm such a procrastinator, I only started yesterday, and I'm at work atm where I can't work on them, so when do these submissions have to be turned in?

When the vote closes, so does the chance to make submissions.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:12 am

Hopefully not before the end of the weekend... My "Royal Sabre" is nearly done, just need to finish off the 'fine detail' and then colour it... Problem there being that I don't have any metallic colour pencils... But I will be buying some tomorrow (and will thus hopefully have the final image ready by tomorrow evening).

((All Australian time of course))

But yeah... NEARLY finished!

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Hetros on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:17 am

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:Hopefully not before the end of the weekend... My "Royal Sabre" is nearly done, just need to finish off the 'fine detail' and then colour it... Problem there being that I don't have any metallic colour pencils... But I will be buying some tomorrow (and will thus hopefully have the final image ready by tomorrow evening).

((All Australian time of course))

But yeah... NEARLY finished!

JD

Look, the poll clearly states: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:51 pm.

When the poll closes, that's when submissions close. You guys have had plenty of time.

Also, Jonarus, don't forget to leave gem slots for foci =P

edit: This is assuming we can get this thing built along with everything else >_<
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:26 am

Oh don't worry 'bout that Het... I've included an 'integrated' mana-gem in the design... Not a specific elemental foci mind you... The idea is that it is there to help focus and amplify the mana of the user to alow them to more easily 'charge' the blade with their own mana (plain or elemental or whatever)... I'm also considering a couple of other factors, like secondary mini-foci slots...

But here's something to pass on to the MS's (I'll be doing so myself)... Which metals should we use for the best mana conductivity? (The blade of the sword will still be refined steel and what-not - but I'm talking about the metals of the more decorative elements... Making the beautiful intricate designs on the blade(s) also serve a practical purpose by creating them by in-laying them with mana-conductive metals)...

JD
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby BlackFulcrum on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:00 am

*Looks at the poll, sees the tiny line above the vote options where the end date is shown* .....I completely read over that...d'oh

BlackFulcrum
Demon

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:06 pm

*facepalm* ...Me too...

JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Sorry for the double-post, but I think you'll agree with me that its worth it...

It's done! Finished! My 'upgrade' of the accepted Amavardian Saber:

Now... Admittedly, the 'metallic' colours didn't come through quite as well as I would have liked... And the integrated Foci... Well that's that thing in the gold clasps at the very bottom of the hilt/grip (Its supposed to be purple... But my limited selection of pencils and the 'average' grade of my scanner mean its not really noticeable).

At this point I should make clear that I only included the one foci for a reason, that reason being that I couldn't think of anywhere else to put one (or more) without negatively impacting the look of the end result... Though I did consider adding a couple more onto the bronze (copper) band part that connects the hilt and blade together (One on either 'side' of the blade obviously).

Overall blade construction is thus: Refined steel blade around an adamantine 'core' that is in-layed with gold pipping for decoration and mana-transference through the length of the blade (With no official info to go by, I reverted to other sources of info and decided to assume that 'pure' metal like gold and silver would conduct mana better than 'refined' metals like iron and steel). It has the same overall dimensions as a standard steel Amavardian Saber (only fancier :P ). Theoretically, mid-range versions (for family leaders for example) could be created easily enough, by replacing the gold with a lesser decorative metal (silver? bronze? etc?).

Sure... I could of writen most of this into the design image itself... But I wanted to keep the picture 'clean' ^^;

JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:Sorry for the double-post, but I think you'll agree with me that its worth it...

It's done! Finished! My 'upgrade' of the accepted Amavardian Saber:

Now... Admittedly, the 'metallic' colours didn't come through quite as well as I would have liked... And the integrated Foci... Well that's that thing in the gold clasps at the very bottom of the hilt/grip (Its supposed to be purple... But my limited selection of pencils and the 'average' grade of my scanner mean its not really noticeable).

At this point I should make clear that I only included the one foci for a reason, that reason being that I couldn't think of anywhere else to put one (or more) without negatively impacting the look of the end result... Though I did consider adding a couple more onto the bronze (copper) band part that connects the hilt and blade together (One on either 'side' of the blade obviously).

Overall blade construction is thus: Refined steel blade around an adamantine 'core' that is in-layed with gold pipping for decoration and mana-transference through the length of the blade (With no official info to go by, I reverted to other sources of info and decided to assume that 'pure' metal like gold and silver would conduct mana better than 'refined' metals like iron and steel). It has the same overall dimensions as a standard steel Amavardian Saber (only fancier :P ). Theoretically, mid-range versions (for family leaders for example) could be created easily enough, by replacing the gold with a lesser decorative metal (silver? bronze? etc?).

Sure... I could of writen most of this into the design image itself... But I wanted to keep the picture 'clean' ^^;

JD

We kinda need two though o.O It's meant to be a PAIR of blades that are distinct from, yet similar to one another >_> a thematic difference.

As for where to put them. make a guard katana style at the base with holes in it to put foci into.

the reason I suggested the two legendary blades were distinct in SHAPE from the basic sword was to ensure that they LOOK sufficiently different in the comic =3
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Well... I figure tha t that much gold would make them stand out from 'standard fare' well enough... The design is based on the 'generic' version to create an image of unity, to show that the bearers are different but also the same... As for 'extra' gems, I already had a spot picked out by way of mentioning the bronze (copper) conector between hilt and blade...

As for a distict sub-variety for badai... Not how i mentioned the possibility of versions already... An'jhali gets the gold, Badai the silver...

JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby hedrah on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:07 pm

[[ design wise for a foot-soldier weaponry, excellent though tip seem too rounded for proper thrusting.

For Leader weaponry of higher quality? no, i'd go with the Gojinki designs any time of the day.

Very nicely drawn.
hedrah
Summoner

Location: Ja'niike The Harverster of Food! (what? Expected Sorrow?)

Postby Gojinki on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:17 am

Thank you Jan! ^^ *huggles* it means a lot to me >w<
Gojinki
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre