The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Is this an awesome idea?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Cool Idea, let's make legendary blades for Anji and Badai
59%
No, let's make more weapons for the clan, pole-arms and great-weapons hoooo!
41%

Total votes : 22

LEGENDARY BLADES FOR ANJI AND BADAI! SUBMISSIONS FOR CONTEST

Postby Hetros on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:51 pm

THIS IS IMPORTANT: If the first option is voted for, it will not change us producing weapons. There will be two teams. One working with the Dvegar on the legendary blades, the other working by themselves to mass produce the swords, antiarmor weapons, and armor. Our Production list is this:

We'll have 30 sets of Mk.3 Armor
10 Sets of Mana Spec Armor
30 Amavardian Sabers

Depending on how the legendary thread goes:

Legendary Option
15 Anti Armor Weapons
2 Legendary Blades

Troops Option
10 Anti Armor Weapons
10 Pole Arms
10 Great Weapons

NO MATTER WHAT! Our clan's soldiers will be fully armed and armored.

CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME D:<
THE INITIAL QUESTION AND PLAN
Hetros wrote:I know that Badai said he didn't want a new sword... but, well, me and Goji put our heads together and came up with an idea.

Before we go to war. We want to produce the best two swords ever made by our clan. The best steel, adamantine mixed into it if at all possible and if we have any ada coins we can melt down. Hetros at least would risk mana exhaustion to get these blades made for Anji and Badai, I'd also gather people who were willing to make this happen and vote on the action.

One for Anji, one for Badai. Swords to be made, if not before the war, before the time skip. After we've learned as much as we can from the Dwarves, maybe even with their help, maybe with the Nal's help if they'll offer it. They'd be a pure white blade with black trim(named for the drow word for Sun, Sol if Kern doesn't have such a word), and the pure black blade with white trim (named for the drow word for Moon, Lune I guess if there's no translation). Then in the LA present them with the blades. A gift from the clan, special swords, our best work, better than anything we've ever made before >_>

How's that sound?

THE RESPONSE
Thalar wrote:I like it. Make sure to include a size reference for Reza's sake :)

So, rather than make pole arms and great-weapons, I propose that we instead funnel the dvergar and some of our best smiths, crafters, and mana specs into making these blades after the prototypes of armor, swords, and anti-armor weapons are done, while a second group of smiths focuses on mass producing those for the army. Vote above if you think this is an awesome idea or not >_> and if you think it's an awesome idea, and have a better idea for the paired weapons we should make for them, please submit them. If by the end of 14 days we have multiple submissions for the pair of weapons, then they will be accepted.

There is only one rule for this contest. It must be original art. No ripping off pictures of pairs of real or copyrighted fictional matched swords and submitting them. They can be any shape, any design at all... well, try not to make them look like the dwarf made swords from Oglaf, but other than that, have at it.!
Last edited by Hetros on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: LEGENDARY BLADES FOR ANJI AND BADAI! SUBMISSIONS FOR CON

Postby blackjack217 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:18 am

Hmm. I these look nice, but I think they need something special. Like a foci in the blade or something, to make it more like this. Maybe one with an ice foci and the other with a fire one in the hilt or something?
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Postby Hetros on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:39 am

blackjack217 wrote:Hmm. I these look nice, but I think they need something special. Like a foci in the blade or something, to make it more like this. Maybe one with an ice foci and the other with a fire one in the hilt or something?

Was kinda the plan :3 except each would have a total of 5 foci. The central gem, and the four smaller foci (two to a side) set either vertically or horizontally parallel to the central gem. That way they give maximum utility.

Why else would I need the mana specs helping out on this? o-o
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:59 am

I am working on a super-fancy variation of my sabre design... It would be better if any 'special' weapons for our Ill'haress (and her mate apparently :P ) at least thematically matched our standard gear...

But everything else mentioned will be covered, the addamantine enhanced metal, the decorations, the mounted mana gems, etc...

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Hetros on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:I am working on a super-fancy variation of my sabre design... It would be better if any 'special' weapons for our Ill'haress (and her mate apparently :P ) at least thematically matched our standard gear...

But everything else mentioned will be covered, the addamantine enhanced metal, the decorations, the mounted mana gems, etc...

JD

cool as cool can be :3

edit:
THIS IS IMPORTANT: If the first option is voted for, it will not change us producing weapons. There will be two teams. One working with the Dvegar on the legendary blades, the other working by themselves to mass produce the swords, antiarmor weapons, and armor. Our Production list is this:

We'll have 30 sets of Mk.3 Armor
10 Mana Spec Armor
30 Amavardian Sabers

Depending on how the legendary thread goes:

Legendary Option
15 Anti Armor Weapons
2 Legendary Blades

Troops Option
10 Anti Armor Weapons
10 Pole Arms
10 Great Weapons

edit: Turns out as long as I don't add or remove options from the vote, then it doesn't reset it. The ability to change your vote has been put in place.
Last edited by Hetros on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:01 am

Remmeber the last time we tried to give Badai an awesome sword? Right, we got turned down.

Guess same will happen again, so better make normal weapons for player who appreciate your work instead for an NPC who just says *no thanks, with only one right arm i´ll shall use a normal sword as it would take too long to learn to fight with that new and fancy looking one.*.

I so see that coming.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:11 am

James Rye wrote:Remmeber the last time we tried to give Badai an awesome sword? Right, we got turned down.

Guess same will happen again, so better make normal weapons for player who appreciate your work instead for an NPC who just says *no thanks, with only one right arm i´ll shall use a normal sword as it would take too long to learn to fight with that new and fancy looking one.*.

I so see that coming.

Throw in enough ceremony and he'll go for it because it'll be us showing that we accept, and encourage, his relationship with Anji, we want him in the clan, we want to give him something he can use that will be better than his old sword. We'll see what happens, but I think this will work =P because we're linking it to Anji as well.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Then instead of a ceremony which he´d find silly anyway (he finds our many fêtes pretty weird anyway), just make it a personal gift from Anji!

Ask her in the LA if she wants to give Badai a gift and suggest a personal styled sword, armor and his golem arm worked on. Something like that. Instead of a ceremony, she can give him the sword herself, he´d never refuse something like that from Anji, he wouldn´t be able too.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pariel on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:50 pm

No matter how you label it. A legendary weapon cannot exist without a tale associated with it.

Thus why I do decline this idea. We have to make OUR own legend. Then we'll get to make those weapons.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Hetros on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Pariel wrote:No matter how you label it. A legendary weapon cannot exist without a tale associated with it.

Thus why I do decline this idea. We have to make OUR own legend. Then we'll get to make those weapons.

You realize I was more referring to the level of quality, that these will be two blades that will be stronger, sharper, and better than any blades ever made. And we have our own goddamn legend >_> We have Anji, who lead us to safety not once but TWICE. We have Badai, our greatest warrior who fought to give us time to escape the first city and now has rejoined us and his true love. There are medieval minstrels who would KILL to write chivalric poetry about this pair!
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby blackjack217 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:04 pm

So one for moon and one for the sun but we have nine moons, not one.
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Postby Hetros on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:30 pm

blackjack217 wrote:So one for moon and one for the sun but we have nine moons, not one.

the crescent moon is still symbolic =P
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pariel on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:50 am

Hetros wrote:
Pariel wrote:No matter how you label it. A legendary weapon cannot exist without a tale associated with it.

You realize I was more referring to the level of quality, that these will be two blades that will be stronger, sharper, and better than any blades ever made. And we have our own goddamn legend >_> We have Anji, who lead us to safety not once but TWICE. We have Badai, our greatest warrior who fought to give us time to escape the first city and now has rejoined us and his true love. There are medieval minstrels who would KILL to write chivalric poetry about this pair!

Even worse. We're still far from having the best materials and craft (although some of the advances made definitely help) to make it. At most we can produce a nifty weapon beyond our current level, but there's quite room for improvement.

As for the history. I do admit it's weird on some parts, but legendary? Still not.

With that being said, the idea would be much more palatable -after- we suceed at the very least in this war. But discussing it now gives me bives of "selling the bear's skin before even catching it".
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Kran on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:20 am

Hetros wrote:
blackjack217 wrote:So one for moon and one for the sun but we have nine moons, not one.

the crescent moon is still symbolic =P

Now we just need to make the sword glow blue when Black Sun raiders are near. }:3
Honu Al'dun Tei'kaliath
Kran
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Hetros on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Please remember this is also a SUBMISSION thread.

If you have ideas for what the legendary blades SHOULD look like, please submit them here.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Community Centre