The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: "Scout" Armor (For Explorers and Hunters)

Postby Tsuris on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:11 am

ooooh! It's pretty, I like it!
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Hetros on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:11 am

I said before James, this is a contest for people with ORIGINAL content being given.

If you're THAT butt hurt about it, TRACE IT YOURSELF AND RESUBMIT IT. I'll accept that as a loop hole. Until a current clan member's cash or pencil has touched the work I'm not putting it into the submission. It's an excuse to be -lazy-

I gave Darkvolt his chance. Had there not been a scout submission by the time we started making the mana spec armor, I'd have held a vote for dark volts designs.

Now? Fuck no. We have two perfectly suitable scout designs that are HELLISHLY better than Darkvolt's. His time has passed James, if he wants to rejoin the clan and submit them? That's fine. But I will not prioritize the work of a nonpaying member over a paying one any day of the week.

edit: Actually, I'll compromise.

I'll add Darkvolt's designs. But they must win by a 7 vote margin or they are immediately discounted for the runner up. That way they get their fair chance, without taking priority over currently paying member's submissions. If there is an OVERWHELMING amount of support for them, I obviously can't stand against it. But it has to be OVERWHELMING.

By the way, this is me compromising, I almost asked that they win by 50% or more of the vote at LEAST. This gives them a better chance -_-

Is this acceptable?
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:07 am

While I feel compelled to call you out on your attitude here Het, I do agree with your reasoning... I also don't care how good DV's designs are, if he isn't around to submit them himself then they shouldn't be considered at all. Restricting the 'competition' to active players ensures that the winner is not only going to be around to see to it that the design actually happens, but also that active players are rewarded for being active.

Just dial down the attitude a bit please, it's only causing pointless friction.

JD

PS: Is there a time limit on this as yet? I might just re-do/update DV's design myself (with less metal and more camo, obviously)...
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Hetros on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Sorry about the attitude Jonarus, but James has been repeatedly informed (across all the competitions) about this rule and the reasoning behind it. If he'd had his way we'd have ended up with DV's designs for mana spec and warrior armor. You can understand why I'm miffed.

Also to answer a question put forward by james on who made me Overlord? You guys did. If I was a REAL asshole I'd just have done what Mina did and went behind your backs like we did with the warrior armor. If was as much of an asshole as I was when this started, I'd do like I did with Mina and go behind your backs like we did with the warrior armor. Instead I'm holding contests and asking opinions and getting people INVOLVED in the process, getting people to SUBMIT STUFF for the clan's outlook and shape. Current Members. Do you know why it ticks me off that you're so dead set on DV's stuff? Because DV isn't a current member.

A major draw of this game is that it's made up of user generated content.

DV isn't a user

How can we expect members, new members, to contribute to the game if they think that OLDER designs are going to take precedent over their own? Especially if those designs taking precedent are those of people who are no longer members.

I do like DV's designs. I like them a lot, they're clean, crisp, and if he were still with us I would back them in a heart beat.

The Time limit on this is until the crafters begin trying that godawful wooden shield design again (JUST KIDDING ^^; ) but seriously, this'll be a crafter effort. I'll run the contest, but ultimately it's to give the crafters something to do =D I'll wait until next monday, then put up the submissions. If you want to redo DV's work Jonarus, please feel free to do so.
Last edited by Hetros on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:08 pm

If I was a REAL asshole I'd just have done what Mina did and went behind your backs like we did with the warrior armor.

I did what i had to do in order to get the soldiers the best military equipment as soon as possible. A contest would have taking to much time.

Besides if i want a weapon made or a armor made i usually just go ahead with a design in mind and i almost always get what i want. As for the shield designs, sorry but i have my own design i will do for the special anti golem project I have been working on for over a year. Yes, my attitude may enrage folks but i rather get the equipment on the field in a month from now then wait another 2-3 months.

As for the current contests i won't participate in any of them. I got what i wanted with the warrior armor. But i will upgrade the healers weapons and if i wish to modify or add a weapon to a current class, they will be entirely optional so folks can have a choice in what weapon load out they wish to have in his or her class when that special event forces them to fight for their lives.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hetros on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 pm

minalia wrote:
If I was a REAL asshole I'd just have done what Mina did and went behind your backs like we did with the warrior armor.

I did what i had to do in order to get the soldiers the best military equipment as soon as possible. A contest would have taking to much time.

Besides if i want a weapon made or a armor made i usually just go ahead with a design in mind and i almost always get what i want. As for the shield designs, sorry but i have my own design i will do for the special anti golem project I have been working on for over a year. Yes, my attitude may enrage folks but i rather get the equipment on the field in a month from now then wait another 2-3 months.

As for the current contests i won't participate in any of them. I got what i wanted with the warrior armor. But i will upgrade the healers weapons and if i wish to modify or add a weapon to a current class, they will be entirely optional so folks can have a choice in what weapon load out they wish to have in his or her class when that special event forces them to fight for their lives.

And I wish to say I was being VERY unfair with Mina. I should have said "If was as much of an asshole as I was when this started, I'd do like I did with Mina and go behind your backs like we did with the warrior armor"

I helped after all, and I agree with Mina on a lot of these issues. If it wasn't for the fact I was trying to revitalize the clan in user generated content I'd have used the same tactic over and over and over again and just gotten shit made and out on the field without passing it through the clan.

Instead I used the success of the armor submission to get people onboard for these contests and try to revitalize the clan's will to make user generated content.

So yes, I have A LOT of trouble with you James constantly trying to kill this effort with Darkvolt's stuff.

edit: And now I have edited so it's totally fair since I helped out mina with the going behind you guy's backs -.-
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby benuminister on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:34 am

I might be just nit picking but I believe that we should have different armor for the explorers from the hunters.

For the hunters I suggest something made perhaps of leather but kept light and silenced. This would allow them to have a high mobility and the leather allows the user a large amount of pockets to choose stash hunting essentials. I understand that the armor should be made with as little metals as possible because they do not wish to alert the prey they are stalking with the clanking of metal or it's shine.

For the explorers I suggest something a bit heavier like a medium armor because they will be going into unknown situations. These armors would be outfitted with pockets for stashing whatever finds they have and perhaps some loops for ropes or other explorer essentials.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:47 am

benuminister wrote: These armors would be outfitted with pockets for stashing whatever finds they have and perhaps some loops for ropes or other explorer essentials.

My armor has pockets! It has a utility belt of pockets! D:
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Hetros on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:35 am

I'll make sure to include that in the vote =P
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:39 am

Well... I could do up something for a 'base' armour that can be used for either Hunters or explorers, but also provide a list of 'extra's unique to either class... Basically, the armour itself would be tagged as "Hunter/Explorer" armour, with a second set-piece to tailor it to a specific class, ie: "Explorer's bandoleer" & "Hunter's Cloak" - Both could be used either with or without the armour, depending on overall availability...

I'll incorporate the examples into my design...

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby James Rye on Thu May 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:Well... I could do up something for a 'base' armour that can be used for either Hunters or explorers, but also provide a list of 'extra's unique to either class... Basically, the armour itself would be tagged as "Hunter/Explorer" armour, with a second set-piece to tailor it to a specific class, ie: "Explorer's bandoleer" & "Hunter's Cloak" - Both could be used either with or without the armour, depending on overall availability...

I'll incorporate the examples into my design...

~JD

When will your design for Archer(hunter)/Scout(explorer) be finished, Rin? *smallsmile*
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby benuminister on Thu May 03, 2012 7:04 pm

*Is still hoping that those two things are separate designs*
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Thu May 03, 2012 7:05 pm

benuminister wrote:*Is still hoping that those two things are separate designs*

It would be stupid since they are often in the same environments with different purposes.

BUT! When there is voting. I will make the voting thread with options like

Design 1: Explorers and Hunters
Design 1: Explorers, Design 2: Hunters
Design 2: Explorers, Design 1: Hunters

and so on and so forth.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Community Centre