The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

"Scout" Armor (For Explorers and Hunters)

Postby Hetros on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:26 pm

I am looking for armor designs for explorer/hunter armor.

Rules are the same as the sword contest: Has to be original artwork from one of you guys or commissioned by one of you guys, current members will take precedence over non-current ones. Simply linking real images as examples will not be accepted.

We're looking for something that is light, but servicable, something for stalking, scouting, recon, looting, sabotage, and similar lines of work.

GO!
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: "Scout" Armor (For Explorers and Hunters)

Postby Jaibyrd on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Still need a design? I'll get to work on one if so.
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:08 pm

Oioi, don´t forget to post Darkvolts archer/scout design, Het. He agreed that we can use it and quite some people do like it too, so it should be shown as well. That´s just fair.^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Wy'shira on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Oh dear. I didn't realize the implications of these guys needing new armor before. Are our hunters and scouts not wearing any armor at the moment, or is this an improvement on their armor?
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:08 pm

They have none. Only warriors got armor for now.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Wy'shira on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Thanks, Sen! This is definitely important, then. :)
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:25 am

I'll consider darkvolt's design as proper armor when it's not got big old metal plates all over it that are shiny and clank =D

But seriously, we do need submissions, and it would give the crafters something to DO.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Eh heh, I decided to go ahead and give this a shot, (with much "encouragement" from Hetros admittedly)

Pic is a little big to post in the thread, so I'll just link it to my DA page
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby James Rye on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Darkvolts are good for the archers. The scouts can just add a big cloak like we did with the scout armor in PtP and voila, scout armor. Not that complicated at all.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:11 pm

James Rye wrote:Darkvolts are good for the archers. The scouts can just add a big cloak like we did with the scout armor in PtP and voila, scout armor. Not that complicated at all.

I think the problem is that Scout armor should not have plate armor on it, it makes too much noise, reduces maneuverability, and reflects light

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Hetros on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:14 pm

James Rye wrote:Darkvolts are good for the archers. The scouts can just add a big cloak like we did with the scout armor in PtP and voila, scout armor. Not that complicated at all.

Fuck you no. /alloutofpatience

I'm banning it as of today due to having a substitute on hand from Tsuris.

His work is nice. But he's no longer a clan member, his stuff was not commissioned for this purpose, even if you got his permission afterwards.

His designs involve big WHITE FUCKING CLOAKS and metal plates, BIG ONES. That shine and clank.

Tsuris has designed some suitable leather armor that is awesome looking and will get the job done. It just needs coloring and some designations now.

We now have a clan member submission. As I promised at the beginning of this contest, if anyone submitted something that met with the other rules of the contest, Darkvolt's old stuff would not be permitted. We now have a submission. Darkvolt's armor will not be considered due to Tsuris' design now having met the conditions necessary.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Colored Version
I didn't have a Clan symbol on hand to put onto the shoulder guard, so I just left an indication of where it was supposed to go, If I have to though, I'll employ my terribad photo shop skillz to get one on there
Fingerless gloves, sleeveless, and lots of pocket leather armor

Hetros wrote:Tsuris has designed some suitable leather armor that is awesome looking and will get the job done. It just needs coloring and some designations now.

thanks, Hetros, it means a lot

brofist.jpg
Last edited by Tsuris on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby James Rye on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Tsuris wrote:

I think the problem is that Scout armor should not have plate armor on it, it makes too much noise, reduces maneuverability, and reflects light

Archers should have some though. And who says that we have to include the iron bits for the explorer armor anyway?

@het
No fuck you, good sir. Who died and made you the new Overlord?

If the poll of the mana armor has shown anything then that Darkvolts desgins have a big following, Lua´s design won by only one single vote and if people and the hunters/explorers themselves say they want Darkvolts design then you as smith can tell them what to wear. That´s still the whole clans decision and not done by one single member. We´re done with the ranked system, get it out of your software already.

If Tsu´s design gets into a poll so should Darkvolts, else it wouldn´t be a poll but a fucked off one-sided unfair communistic already done decision. And we do not want that kind of bullshit here in PtP.

It doesnt matter if someone is or has been a member or when he or she posted his ideas, all that matters is that the majority of the clan likes it and stands behind it. If that happens to be Darkvolts design then that´s bad for Tsu, but he had a fair chance in a poll directly in a competion of Darkvolts design.

So yeah, you better include the freaking desgin as promised or i gonna tell the GM on you and your biased ways, Het. That´s no way to talk to someone else even when your patience is thin.

@Tsu
Nice design, am sure it will do well in the polls like Lua´s did. Just trust into your entry and believe that most of the clan will do so too and it will be fine. :)
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 pm

James Rye wrote:
Tsuris wrote:

Archers should have some though. And who says that we have to include the iron bits for the explorer armor anyway?

@Tsu
Nice design, am sure it will do well in the polls like Lua´s did. Just trust into your entry and believe that most of the clan will do so too and it will be fine. :)

I think the armor will be universal to all the scouts, not just the archers, but thanks man, I hope I get a few votes at least, wasn't sure if my armor would come out good considering I colored it with colored pencil and some of the proportions are a little off *is full of self doubt and artist angst*

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Jaibyrd on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:08 am

AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Next

Return to Community Centre