The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Which of the following swords do you want to use!

Poll ended at Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:21 am

Scimitar
No votes
Maquahuitl / Blade-Club
No votes
Khopesh
No votes
Arahk / Sickle-Sword
No votes
Cutlass
14%
Amavardian Saber
52%
Kinked-Saber
33%

Total votes : 21

Re: Weapon Contest 1/4 (Swords) (anti-armor weapon submissio

Postby James Rye on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Hetros wrote:edit: And please do not give me any bullshit about me "forcing this" on the clan :3 I've spent plenty of time organizing this, given people who might object plenty of warning, and have so far received a majority positive response ^^

Doesn´t stop people from bullshitting you in the shoutbox. :(
It´s funny, when its about weapons no one seems to care much, but once the talk gets to colors, shitstorm.
And that with a month of time to protest in the thread itself...
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:29 pm

James Rye wrote:
Hetros wrote:edit: And please do not give me any bullshit about me "forcing this" on the clan :3 I've spent plenty of time organizing this, given people who might object plenty of warning, and have so far received a majority positive response ^^

Doesn´t stop people from bullshitting you in the shoutbox. :(
It´s funny, when its about weapons no one seems to care much, but once the talk gets to colors, shitstorm.
And that with a month of time to protest in the thread itself...

I've been in here long enough to honestly not give a dead fly's last hiccup what other people think -_- if they have a problem they can bring it to me, here on the forums, or on skype, whatever they want.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:10 pm

I have an image on my computer (not by myself or even for this purpose) of an awesome blade... Its kinda like the Kopesh, but 'softened' a bit, the end result is *almost* (In my opinion anyway) a combination of Kopesh and Schimitar... Should I just link it in or should I re-draw it myself?

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Hetros on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:I have an image on my computer (not by myself or even for this purpose) of an awesome blade... Its kinda like the Kopesh, but 'softened' a bit, the end result is *almost* (In my opinion anyway) a combination of Kopesh and Schimitar... Should I just link it in or should I re-draw it myself?

JD

just link it in unless you want it to be a completely different submission possibility (rather than something I'll take into account), if so, redraw it please =3

Also, please people, we need more submissions for the anti-armor contest =P We got about 3 or 4. I'd like to get some flails, some picks, a bar-mace or two in here as well.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:34 am

Well... Here is the reference image of the blade (I cut it down to focus on the weapon itself... Please ignore the tainted Japanese School-girl):

I'm am planning a re-draw, with side-by-side comparisons with the Scimitar on one side, and a 'true' Khopesh on the other with the 'hybrid' version in the middle... Also, I'm gonna try and dig up the "Siege Axe" design of Tyrel's from when he was in Dragoneye... before he disappeared...

JD
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:08 am

Alright, if you can get them before the dead line then I'll put them into the contest.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:37 am

Okay, I finished the 'comparison sketch'. The MIDDLE design is the new one I came up with in an attempt to 'merge' the current top two designs: http://imageshack.us/f/808/swordconcept.jpg/

I *was* gonna post an actual image, but it got cut off... So the link will have to do for the 'full' version. That said, here is a smaller pic of my design by itself:

One thing that I didn't bring up in the notes on the linked image: The blade is designed for versatility of use, meaning the theoretically, the hand-grip could be removed and the blade attached to the end of a pole to create a 'matching style' sword-staff. Last of all, the name "Amavardian Sabre" is far from final, its just what I took to calling it as I was working on it, I think it has a nice ring to it though...

JD

PS: I should have that "Siege Axe" concept available soon... Should I post it here or wait for the new poll/thread?
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:22 pm

well -shit-

Okay, I apologize to everyone -_-; I didn't realize editing the poll and adding the new option would erase all the old results >_<; I'll extend the poll for another week.

Old vote had 26 votes, Khopesh was winning with 10 votes, Scimitar with 9, Blade-Club had 4, Cutlass had 3, Arahk had 1 as far as I can recall.
Last edited by Hetros on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Loniar on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Kopesh had 10, Scimitar had 9. I remember because I just checked those two this morning because I'm still deciding which of those to vote on... *too many choices*
Loniar
Tainted

Postby Kran on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:35 am

Loniar wrote:Kopesh had 10, Scimitar had 9. I remember because I just checked those two this morning because I'm still deciding which of those to vote on... *too many choices*

I would go with the Amavardian Saber because it is more of a customized design combining both of the two popular swords. Heck, with this design we could use it like a machete to clear brush for trailblazing.
Honu Al'dun Tei'kaliath
Kran
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:11 am

My submission to the 'Heavy/anti-armour' weapons category is ready... I present the "Amavardian Siege-Axe", Its a war-hammer and battle-axe in one!

Please note that with the shaft, when I say "adjustable" I mean as in slightly different variants based on shaft length, not that the shaft of every weapon will be adjustable 'on the fly'...

JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:00 pm

I´d rather had a spike instead of an axe there. The hammer´s good but with an spike its easier to pirce through a thick armor than with an axe blade.

Though now that we got golem with hands we might want to think of a golem weapon for it to carry and fight with. And such a waraxehammer or warspikehammer weapon in golem size would be a good weapon to a) fight other golems and b) fight flesh enemies. It should be carried with one hand though so that the free hand can either use another weapon or is free to grab or toss something like slwo enemies or rocks, etc.

Edit:

We do have build the golem house thingie we had planned right? Or did we forgot that? Now that we finally have a golem we don´t have the facility to keep it in? oO
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Taruna on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:13 am

Another week? Then I will commission immediately... *grabs the black goth-phone*

And there we are:
Derivation from Hadhafang, artwork by Gojinki.
Taruna Tei'kaliath - Former Warmaster - 2nd Tir'ay Champ (Warr.)
Family
Nimaraidh
Because inside of everyone of us is a warrior
Whose courage is like a sword
But the biggest weapon is his heart
(Silbermond - Krieger des Lichts)
Taruna
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Taruna wrote:Another week? Then I will commission immediately... *grabs the black goth-phone*

And there we are:
Derivation from Hadhafang, artwork by Gojinki.

GODDAMN IT >_<

Taruna. I have to reset the vote to add that! >_<

I will if people ask me to though. Asking on the skype channel now ^^
Last edited by Hetros on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Taruna on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Hetros wrote:GODDAMN IT >_<

Taruna. I have to reset the vote to add that! >_<

So you refuse my contribution?
Taruna Tei'kaliath - Former Warmaster - 2nd Tir'ay Champ (Warr.)
Family
Nimaraidh
Because inside of everyone of us is a warrior
Whose courage is like a sword
But the biggest weapon is his heart
(Silbermond - Krieger des Lichts)
Taruna
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre