The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Sword Redesign Contest.

Postby Hetros on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Valyn wrote:please flails, Hettie ; ^ ;

*chibi eyes~~*
Q . Q

I'll be getting them into the contest for the heavy weapons contest hun =P
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Loniar on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:21 am

Gojinki wrote:number 4 is a macuahuitl ^^

instead of being made of wood and obsidian, we could make it a bit thinner and of metal. would be a heavier weapon true, but also would hit a lot harder and wounds will not just be slashing, it will rip flesh making it even more difficult to survive ^^

Oh sweet, I'd never heard of a macuahuitl before. I blame you for making me waste most of my evening drooling over awesome ancient weapons!

Mm. Those sickle-swords look positively wicked and would have a distinctive style even when drawn in the most simplistic style. While I still like Gojinki's option 1 the best, I certainly wouldn't mind wielding one of those.
Loniar
Tainted

Postby Hetros on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Unfortunately, I wish to announce a change of plans in the contest.

I was originally planning on matching pairs and having them be dual-wielded. WIth the recent advice to begin producing shields, we're apparently going sword-and-board, so that option is out. Any of the blades mentioned above that would function as one hand weapons will appear in the poll thread I open this weekend. So if you have submissions, get them in now.

Also note, this ENTIRE ISSUE is moot if we can mass produce and train in Bandai's sword... because, chain swords man >_>
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Actually that option is not completley out.

We warriors might reorganize into smaller squads and each squad and their leader can decide what weapons they gonna use. So if some squad wants to wield two swords and fight with them to increase their possibility to cause damage and leave the shield, then that´s up to them.

Though if Dur agrees to me becoming one of the squad leader and my team comrades do too, i´d like spear, sword and shield for my squad. You know the defensive main front line who just has to survive long enough till the archers, mana specs and stronger melee warriors killed them all/attacked them from the sides/behind.^g^

Given the old system we´d have 3-4 squads though its not completley sure since not every active votign warrior is also watching or writing in the forum.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:54 pm

actually, that's not a bad idea.

Okay, so we -might- end up with multiple blade types, but gonna focus on remaking one as our primary weapon the one EVERYONE carries =P

The current plan is as follows:
30 Swords
10 Polearms (Naginata, Spears, Glaives)
10 Armor-Breakers (Picks, Maces, Hammers, Flails)
10 Heavy Blades (Two Handed Swords, Big Axes, Scythes, etc.etc)
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Sounds good. Especially that if our home mights get attacked we would have enough weapons for every active player.

I still think we should do a *minuteman* project with having the non-warrior classes train with spear and shield, but well, guess that won´t happen.^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Loniar on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:37 pm

If I understand what you mean by a minuteman project, we might be able to train the majority of the clan if we take it in stages.

I imagine that we can't do an action such as 'warriors train everyone at home to use spare weapons' because of its grand scale. But if we can get the spears and/or shields developed fast enough (which could be an issue, really), we could probably use a few warrior actions to train most of the other classes one by one. Even just training some of the least offensive classes, such as farmers or engineers, in how to use shields might greatly increase their chances of effectively defending the colony were anyone to attack while we were away. I'd hope that wouldn't happen, but you never know.
Loniar
Tainted

Postby Kran on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Loniar wrote:If I understand what you mean by a minuteman project, we might be able to train the majority of the clan if we take it in stages.

I imagine that we can't do an action such as 'warriors train everyone at home to use spare weapons' because of its grand scale. But if we can get the spears and/or shields developed fast enough (which could be an issue, really), we could probably use a few warrior actions to train most of the other classes one by one. Even just training some of the least offensive classes, such as farmers or engineers, in how to use shields might greatly increase their chances of effectively defending the colony were anyone to attack while we were away. I'd hope that wouldn't happen, but you never know.

It is possible to have paramilitary clan members since we are able to switch class easily. We could encourage some of them to be warriors for 1-2 turns of training and have them switch back to their original jobs.
Honu Al'dun Tei'kaliath
Kran
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Previous

Return to Community Centre