The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: The Golem expedition and its many goals.

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:31 pm

That was the action that should have been posted by the warriors... Not a badly injured tech... Lets the warriors worry about defense/watch actions, the non-combatants need to focus on healing and recovery above all else...

Sorry to say it Min, but I don't expect Thalar to react to your action, with its wording, in a positive way... Like I said in the shout-box... "FAIL waiting to happen" (really not trying to be and arsehole - but stating my opinion)...

EDIT

It is with great disapointment that I feel compeled to officially VETO the action posted by Minalia (The whole expedition is her 'baby' after all). IT IS NOT PERSONAL, I genuinely believe her action will get people killed and that an action focusing on healing and recovery is what the civilians and injured need to be doing... and NOTHING ELSE...

If there are no objections, I would post the civilian/injured action that i suggested earlier (unless Ombr is available to do so):
B) "[Others] Rest up, focus on healing injuries, get everyone back on their feet" (72) - Best posted by a healer, and non-combat or injured personnel should vote here (plus maybe an extra MS?), does exactly as it says, focuses on healing wounded characters and giving everyone a chance to recover, which is what everyone needs right now...
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Black Rabbit on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:02 am

I don't see a need to veto, if you want to put an additional heal action up, that should be fine and makes sense given the number of wounded. Minalia's advice is already getting votes and is practical advice given our last engagement. Please don't risk the vote, we are almost through this, lets not fall apart fighting at the end.
Black Rabbit
Nether Spawn

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:32 am

Speaking with others on Skype I decided on a more pro-active approach, re-focussing the action to a warrior one covering defense, first-aid (which warrior can do - have been first aid train since before I was a player!), and ranged rather than melee combat...

My "Veto" remains solely as a suggestion that I don't support the action (and wording there-of) that Minalia posted. That said, it does still (now) need a minimum of support to prevent casualties... But once that minimum is achieve, I strongly suggest that any hunters/explorers/MS support the action I posted instead of Min's. Ultimately though, it comes down to the opinion of the individual as to what action they put their support behind.

JD
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby Pariel on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:34 am

Five things. I go out on a weekend, and this happens. Suffice to say I am dissapointed.

1- The word "veto" is misused. A right to veto is a special power that allows to null void a decision. You do not currently have this power, instead, you're trying to actively oppose an opinion of someone else. The correct term is "disagreement." Otherwise, saying you Veto an action sounds rather... arrogant.

2- While it is not okay to generally knee-jerk decisions, it is also equally bad to sow dissension among the ranks. By putting something like that, instead of trying to "coordinate", you are possibly doing more harm via the confusion it generates than good. Had you chosen a different approach, say, cover it up because you feel it is imcomplete, you'd have achieved complaince and coordination. But putting in these terms only makes people divided.

3- I shall not support anything that doesn't involve teamwork. Teamwork also means to suck it up for others, and assume the brunt of bad decisions as a group. Actions work better if some teamwork is involved, and the excuse of "someone went and posted X and I didn't agree with it so i'm posting Y" is not really valid.

4- I am regretfully sorry, but I will not support you. As flawed as it is, Min's option has civilians with it and has an attempt of defense too. I prefer to sacrifice my character if it allows civilians to live on and the wounded to recover. Like it or not, people are committed to that action now. We all knew the risks of joining, and we all know that a bad leadership can lead to hapzards. But so will a bad compliance and respect of decisions.

5- On top of that, you're also attempting to do a movement which I was victim before in my last expedition. Woe betide me if I allow such a thing, I'd be no better than an hypocrite.

Hence, I will fall in rank with the expedition leader. Screw it, today's a good day to die.

Edit: I've been informed that the whole issue is settled down and now it is a cooperative action. That -I-can agree with. Better to say it here to cover all bases, since what I've been told was told by the "chat" and the Skype channel, which are ... well, pretty volatile.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Sigh...Looks like next update maybe a repeat of this update if the two actions end up conflicting with one another *hmmm*
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby James Rye on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:20 pm

@Pariel

Well, Min DID post her action without any confirimg here or in the shoutbox. Bam, it was there. And we could have changed quite a bit of it or discussed if its really wise to let civillians do a night watch when warriors do healing?
But no, done is already done, hah...
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pariel on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:03 pm

James Rye wrote:@Pariel

Well, Min DID post her action without any confirimg here or in the shoutbox. Bam, it was there. And we could have changed quite a bit of it or discussed if its really wise to let civillians do a night watch when warriors do healing?
But no, done is already done, hah...

Exactly. Done is already done. There's nothing worth of trying to put "alternatives", because it is inherently splitting the forces, sending them in disarray and weakening them. You can try to fix it and agree for something about covering one's back, but direct opposition is more harm than good. I do not like min's approach, but between not liking to "actively undermine" there's a clear step.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Ultimatecalibur on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Eh'rin got slapped for metagaming, Meck is dying, the rest are stable, and I just heard something.

How much trouble are we in?
Kris'tian Al'dun - Scout

I saw the Griffin first, so I'm calling dibs.

Apparently I like rafts.
Ultimatecalibur
Summoner

Postby Gojinki on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:29 pm

A bit of trouble ^^ but worse to worse we die in a spectacularly gory fashion! ;3
Gojinki
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby minalia on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Do not vote on Xenon's advice it is impossible since she is not with us. I will make the call for meck's case but that will depend ENTIRELY ON Meck if he wants to be given medical treatment if he screws up on voting the wrong advice he will die.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:39 pm

We make the call. This time you´ll talk to the active ones of the expedition too and not just start posting your action out of nowhere and expect us to vote for it like little loyal minions.
Also it´s up to Meck if what he votes for, if he wants to die cause of infection so dearly and vote on another action which is not even made by one of the expediton, well, let him be. Not my way how i´d like my chara to die and how i´d seen Meck leave PtP, but that´s still up for him to decide whenever he wants to be saved or not.

We can make an action to heal/save him, i´m all for that, but if he doesn´t vote for it, it won´t mean as much.

Also Ombreh should be the one to post that action, she´s te only healer we´ve got and it would increase the chance to save him. If he votes too on the same action, that is.

Funny how this time it wasn´t as important which way we continued the walk...
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Xalgoz on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Because we're about to be jumped, it didn't really matter which way we went (assuming we went the correct direction but who knows). Anjhali and those Kurr are gonna find us.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:46 am

We just have to wait to see what the LA brings and react accordingly, hopefully with a discussion first before posting any options.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:43 am

Okay... it actually SAYS 'meta-gaming' up the top of the page, but i really don't get why... was it the preparing weapons thing? because as discussed on skype, the wording was valid regardless of the enemy... (I'm guessing it was the fact that we were actively preparing for an attack at all...?). In actual fact, It looks like I achieved most of what I wanted (aside from Meck - but that his own fault) - We took the time to do some (hidden) first aid, ensuring that most of the wounded didn't deteriorate and are at least capable of moving under their own power. Meaning that we have more time to work with health-wise and that the active expedition warriors can make it through at least one more fight (how well wouldn't be up to us regardless).

JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby Kran on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:23 am

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:Okay... it actually SAYS 'meta-gaming' up the top of the page, but i really don't get why... was it the preparing weapons thing? because as discussed on skype, the wording was valid regardless of the enemy... (I'm guessing it was the fact that we were actively preparing for an attack at all...?). In actual fact, It looks like I achieved most of what I wanted (aside from Meck - but that his own fault) - We took the time to do some (hidden) first aid, ensuring that most of the wounded didn't deteriorate and are at least capable of moving under their own power. Meaning that we have more time to work with health-wise and that the active expedition warriors can make it through at least one more fight (how well wouldn't be up to us regardless).
JD

Word..I'm confused as well about this metagaming warning. I thought we were armoring ourselves with crossbows in case of a another attack by those horrid raccoons. I guess we needed to further explain our intentions to Thalar by PM or something.
Honu Al'dun Tei'kaliath
Kran
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre