The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Do we still need the Leader Archiv?

Yes, it has its purpose. Let's keep it the way it is.
84%
Its almost useless, get rid of it.
11%
Nah i have something else in mind.
5%

Total votes : 19

The Leader archive is unnecessary

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi,

some may think thats an bold statement. But looking at the advices these past week i begin to think everyone would profit more from 2 EA updates per week. Noone really knows what should be done in the LA... well i think its to counsel An'jhali in her decisions, but at the moment we dont have much to decide. Well ok the dvergar thing ... but we could reopen the LA everytime its needed .. and if it isnt we spend more time building our colony.

Its just an thought experiment but i would like to hear your opinions.
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Re: The Leader archive is unnecessary

Postby Catriana on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:17 am

No.

The LA archive has and always will be important. With the recently revealed events in Moonless Age, it's even more necessary now than ever. It's not going away and it shouldn't. Just because we have some downtime right now, doesn't mean the LA is useless.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby blackshade10 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:19 am

The LA is not useless.

Just the forementioned leader.

I think they should change the name... Maybe Plot Archive!

*happily sits in the "I don't like Anj" club*
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Hetros on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:38 am

Where the hell did THIS come from?
We have 3 archives.

1 for basic actions that don't need to clog up comic space
1 for major actions that deserve comic space
1 for following the leader, who is the main character of this comic. You might have noticed her, she's kinda been the focus for the entire thing. She's the one you see on the left side of the archives page when you open it, also she's up there on the forum banner. Yeah, that lady.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby AthenAltena on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:44 am

Catriana wrote:Just because we have some downtime right now, doesn't mean the LA is useless.

Exactly. And we've always had periods where there's less to do in the LA, but that doesn't mean we should get rid of it. And as Hetros said, Anjhi is the main character of the comic. Everyone else is a secondary character to her. Getting rid of the LA would undercut the very point of PTP.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:59 am

I think its less the LA problem that the advises weren´t that great lately, but more of the players. Its kind of hard to think up new stuff/ask for something new etc. especially since there´s always the danger of a NO. LIke this week for example.

Another thing is that people might believe its easier to make an EA action using 75 letters than to ask/tell Anji something with the same amount.

Also we have seen ocne something happens in the LA, like the dvergar event, then people are all up and thinking hard. Maybe sometimes we´re thinking too hard, cause we don´t let room for faults for something new or the courage to try something that might seem weird at first. For example, people were so focused on the food and to gather infos about the dvergar in that one meeting that we kinda forgot to widen our advises, like asking if they do need medical aid or even offer it right away as sign of goodwill or as a trade medical aid for mining aid. Or to ask who has exiled them from their homes, drows we know that, but did they had seen some symbol or clan colors and such for example.

I do believe people find it easier to make EA actions and to try new projects there then to think about politicla agendas also cause in the EA its your own problem if something fails, due to the game system or the wording etc. In the LA you interact with Anji and we´ve seen that reaction can be harsh, justifided but harsh and people might not like to see this problem laid out before anyone.
What i want to say it the EA is more *privat* given how many actions it get and the LA more *public* thus less or same advises.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby blackshade10 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:55 pm

I request a more interesting, less annoying, and more useful main character.

I'll also note that PtP is done, this is PtP2 which is more focused on individual actions. Anjhi is significantly less important for the gameplay.
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby vitus on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:19 pm

blackshade10 wrote:I request a more interesting, less annoying, and more useful main character.

I'll also note that PtP is done, this is PtP2 which is more focused on individual actions. Anjhi is significantly less important for the gameplay.

I do not agree on this point honestly. With the change from LA + EA in PtP1.X to LA + E/PA (Events and Promotion Advice) + AB (Action box) in PtP2 also the game mechanics slightly changed, but not so much - the point is that we are confused nd stucked in the E/PA + AB side of the game, spreading in map and are not paying attention and thus not communicating enough the LA part.

As I feel actually the LA part is the "quests and RP activity" part of this macro-RPG game, so I suppose there are 2 main things that can happen there:

- large events out of the E/PA + AB scope, that might be triggered by some place, E/PA activity or even by time-flow to which we have to react-to
- our own RP part, that we can utilize for in-clan RP events (festivals, clan colours, clan hugs and such) our out-of-clan RP events (trying to react to our neighbours, other groups like the Nal mercenary and so forth)

The think we have been able to deal with the most of E/PA + AB issues organizing ourselves up to different job/class groups, trying to manage all the aspects and so on via discussions here in Forum, in Shoutbox and Skype chat.

But due our E/PA + AB focus we have missed to setup same discussion chanels regarding the LA ! Actually there is no LA thread alive around here, that would discuss the actual LA related activity including possible advices...
vitus
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:28 pm

I think it's also official that support for keeping the LA is overwhelming >> it's kinda pointless to argue against it o-O

vitus wrote:But due our E/PA + AB focus we have missed to setup same discussion chanels regarding the LA ! Actually there is no LA thread alive around here, that would discuss the actual LA related activity including possible advices...

we should really start up the LA thread again...
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby vitus on Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Hetros wrote:We should really start up the LA thread again...

I agree - Mina has pointed out, that it would be good, that the thread name would change every week after the update to react the current situation, so it means to be setup and maintained by someone who is for sure going to be here weekly and early after the updates in LA section...
vitus
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:24 pm

vitus wrote:
Hetros wrote:We should really start up the LA thread again...

I agree - Mina has pointed out, that it would be good, that the thread name would change every week after the update to react the current situation, so it means to be setup and maintained by someone who is for sure going to be here weekly and early after the updates in LA section...

That leaves me out. I have a tendency to disappear for prolonged periods of time >>;
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby vitus on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Biel has just setup an LA thread *bigsmile* .
vitus
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:00 pm

vitus wrote:Biel has just setup an LA thread *bigsmile* .

sweet
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby 3Power on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:31 pm

blackshade10 wrote:I request a more interesting, less annoying, and more useful main character.

Are you even still playing? This sounds suspiciously like something someone who only knows about the game from news-posts and stuff would say.
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Postby blackshade10 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Yes, I submit my actions regularly.
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Return to Community Centre