The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: City Planning

Postby Talancir on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:18 pm

until this has thalar's approval as being an acceptable amount of roads, I'm afraid I'll not be able to contribute. too many roads will be detrimental, but we haven't been told what that threshold is, so I will not add to any action that will inadvertently discover what that threshold is by crossing over it.
PTP / RH - Eldri'caldeyi - former burgoisie (Press my shirt, lowly prole!), Architect of Ama'varde, Relic Hunter of Sohei Thunder.

Main Archive: Lysire'indris Beli'cadrin - Warden of the Twin Eyes "and Belph'aegor is a hottie!"
Talancir
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Talancir wrote:until this has thalar's approval as being an acceptable amount of roads, I'm afraid I'll not be able to contribute. too many roads will be detrimental, but we haven't been told what that threshold is, so I will not add to any action that will inadvertently discover what that threshold is by crossing over it.

I don't think it IS detrimental to build roads like this. I think if we just build road in every square we enter THEN it'll be detrimental =P
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Nacht on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Hetros, how about submitting an LA to restrict road construction to level 2 architect. That would avoid many newbies starting to build roads in random places.
Nacht
Summoner

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:47 pm

it will restrict every building since we cant reach level 2....
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby Nacht on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Tibanna Vilrath wrote:it will restrict every building since we cant reach level 2....

Ah yes.. well, when that bug gets round to being fixed then
Nacht
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Tibanna Vilrath wrote:it will restrict every building since we cant reach level 2....

That's right. We can't just cut it off. I'm submitting this so that we can get some organization behind this and possibly set up a system to prevent it from going out of control >>
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Nacht wrote:Ah yes.. well, when that bug gets round to being fixed then
honestly i dont think anything is going to get fixed soon...
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Tibanna Vilrath wrote:
Nacht wrote:Ah yes.. well, when that bug gets round to being fixed then
honestly i dont think anything is going to get fixed soon...

I disagree on that... not strongly, but yeah << It'd help if we got bug fix reports...
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Timotheus on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:49 am

I'm going to finish the road section I'm on (to the mana plants as requested) then I'm going to see if I can either start on a mill for the farmers or foresters or else change jobs and see if i can start building ballista. if all of those are out reach, I'll probably continue with the road around the lake to try and level the architect up to 2. Problems?
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Hetros on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:50 am

Timotheus wrote:I'm going to finish the road section I'm on (to the mana plants as requested) then I'm going to see if I can either start on a mill for the farmers or foresters or else change jobs and see if i can start building ballista. if all of those are out reach, I'll probably continue with the road around the lake to try and level the architect up to 2. Problems?

None at all. Just remember, diagonal movement is faster and more efficent! less waste!
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Talancir on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:40 am

hey Hetros. is there any way we can present your road map design to An;jhali for approval? the reasoning for it is, if we can't build roads everywhere, then maybe we can just build what's here on the map, or at least modify how many roads we can build, rather than just build blindly toward a threshold that has not been made public knowledge.
PTP / RH - Eldri'caldeyi - former burgoisie (Press my shirt, lowly prole!), Architect of Ama'varde, Relic Hunter of Sohei Thunder.

Main Archive: Lysire'indris Beli'cadrin - Warden of the Twin Eyes "and Belph'aegor is a hottie!"
Talancir
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 am

Talancir wrote:hey Hetros. is there any way we can present your road map design to An;jhali for approval? the reasoning for it is, if we can't build roads everywhere, then maybe we can just build what's here on the map, or at least modify how many roads we can build, rather than just build blindly toward a threshold that has not been made public knowledge.

already put it up.

edit: And we now have enough official support to get it passes hopefully. We'll see how this plays out ehn?

edit2: going to be using adobe illustrator to take advantage of layers and things so I can more easily place dots and edit and such x_X
edit2a: or adobe flash since I actually OWN that and won't have to blunder around with a trial version.

edit3: modified map up to take into account new facts, better planning, and contains a key within itself.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tohya on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:13 am

In the SE corner of the map, around S28, is a Feral settlement.

The two Halme villages are already connected with roads. So there is no reason for us to build our own roads next to the existing roads. And N5 was where we encountered a potentially hostile and armed force of Hamles.

The road heading to the NE would eventually lead to Mimanied. Unless there are known resources in that direction, I see no reason to build it.

J15 was the sector with the ancient golems in it.

The road around the lake isn't needed. We can't fish from the shores and there is nothing there that we need currently.

Resources like iron, gems, stone,... are transient. Once all of the resources are harvested it's gone and further searches for resources in that sector may not find any. So marking any map sector as a permanent source of some resource won't work. The only resources that are permanent would be the renewable ones like the Barley Fields.

There is little reason to make more roads at this point unless there is something there that we want to reach quickly.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 am

Tohya wrote:In the SE corner of the map, around S28, is a Feral settlement.

The two Halme villages are already connected with roads. So there is no reason for us to build our own roads next to the existing roads. And N5 was where we encountered a potentially hostile and armed force of Hamles.

The road heading to the NE would eventually lead to Mimanied. Unless there are known resources in that direction, I see no reason to build it.

J15 was the sector with the ancient golems in it.

The road around the lake isn't needed. We can't fish from the shores and there is nothing there that we need currently.

Resources like iron, gems, stone,... are transient. Once all of the resources are harvested it's gone and further searches for resources in that sector may not find any. So marking any map sector as a permanent source of some resource won't work. The only resources that are permanent would be the renewable ones like the Barley Fields.

There is little reason to make more roads at this point unless there is something there that we want to reach quickly.

The Iron Veins seem pretty permanent >>; just throwing that out there. Stone isn't, but veins appear to be semi-permanent or at least very very very hard to deplete.

I'll mark the rest on the map at the first opportunity.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby drakanor on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:06 am

I will consider that a good thing Hetros considering how much of our skills require iron ...
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre