The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

New armor for the warrior's, Healers and Explorers

Postby chanel_lang on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:38 am

Hi everyone

The crafter's will be starting to make armor for the warrior's some time soon. :S So we are in our new home I think it time we start some new looking armor. :D We still have some time to go before we are making some so lets get lots of ideas and drawings. I would love to see some with our clan colors but if not oh well. The crafters are going to be making all the armor it looks like. :A We have armor for the Warrior's, Healers and Explorers. I think every one how has a class/job should have armor as well. ^^ Tell me what you think we have a lot of time before we get to making other class's armor but we can start with these 3. }:3
"Dark Times Lie Ahead Of Us And There Will Be A Time When We Must Choose What Is Easy And What Is Right."
chanel_lang
Tainted

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: New armor for the warrior's, Healers and Explorers

Postby Hetros on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:48 am

I could get something going... not FANTASTIC designs, but some good solid basics >> We could use the change.

We need armor designed for utility, for quickness, camouflage... I've got some ideas...
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:57 am

copyright of valkyria chronicles. It's main class title is the Mauler, its designation to destroy armored vehicules.

This is to be the Anti golem warrior armor with its 1 handed Mauler designed to destroy the heavy armor of a golem and crush its insides. This is to act as the *tank* for the warriors.. the 1 guy who can be the steel wall behemoth that takes all the most brutal punishment and dish out some horrible damage in return. This may be the kind of gear a warrior has to take to fight on a bug bear on equal grounds.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hfar on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:10 am

If someone's going to redesign the healer armor, make lightweight for please. Something easy to move around in.
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:57 am

well dont know but since we (architects) are way out from the colony and i guess alone .. i think we deserve at least a better travel gear ;)

found nothing better ;) but i think some light leather armor would do well. timo is trying to get us quarterstaffs as weapons as far as i know.

copyright torchlight
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:38 am

I tend more for a common leather armor for the other classes. Warriors, healers and maybe explorers (if they get the crossbows to defend themselves, learn to shot with them as action on the map) should have their own armor. But the other classes are already quite important and it qould be a bit difficult for Reza to draw for every job a different armor.

I want a leather armor, a wood shield and a spear made for each non-warrior/non-healer/non-explorer class. They can keep those three stuff as bonus in their backpack. If they´re under attack or if our clan is under attack we players/Thalar will assume thoe with the armor/shield/weapon will use them to defend yourself/others.
We had such ideas before but so far we didn´t brought it to the LA yet.

I would propose a LA advise to ask Anji if she allows other classes to have armor/weapon to defend themselves since warriors can´t be everywhere.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby blackjack217 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Mana Spec, should have armor too as they are supposed to go into combat. Here is what I think.
Warriors- Warrior Armor MK 2
Warrior Armor reenforced with chain-mail underneath. (added protection, no need for a new model)
Mana Spec - Mana Armor MK 1 (need ideas here something lightweight with a fire foci in it)
Hunter- Forest Scout Armor (scout armor modified for forest use, green cloaks maybe leather breastplates ect)
Explorer- Forest Scout Armor
Healer- Healer armor
Everyone Else - leather breastplate
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Postby benuminister on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Well my opinion at the moment is that the warrior and healers don't need armor quite yet. The explorers need something cameo like armor that would help them blend in with the forest itself. The engineers should only get armor after we get some golems running because we need items so we can mobilize more characters in job positions.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby vitus on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:21 am

Just a gently reminder to you folks, that at the stage (aside of missing enough resources for such products and running out of food requiring the focus of most of the skills elsewhere) the armors require level 2 and none of us crafters has yet get to that point (the best of us is on level 1.2), so I hope this debate is a mid / long term issue ;) .
vitus
Summoner

Return to Community Centre