The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Wooden weapons.

Postby minalia on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Alright i got confirmation that we are allowed to craft weapons out of wood but if the weapon is not given a class job Thalar will decide who's job get to be given this civilian weapon.

Thalar wrote:You need to decide on a class for the weapon, too. If not I will decide a class for it. There are no general-use weapons.

Alright folks, pitch in ideas in what simple easy to make wooden weapons we can conceive for Architects, healers and other classes who seem to have no weapons for self defense.

Some examples.
-Tonfas

-Tekaliath baseball slugger bat

A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Wooden weapons.

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:01 pm

No reason to be so specific... Sure we can use a baseball-bat as an 'example' but all we're really making is a "Club, wood" (not to be confused with a "Club, night" :P ). Nice simple blunt object that can be used by anyone. Also has the benefit of being usable as a component of later higher-grade weapons - eg: 1 Club, wood + 2-3 Iron bars = 1 Mace, Iron.

Maybe we could also do something similar with spear type weapons? Start with a long sharpened wooden pole, than add a bone/flint/iron/etc tip later? Could also add in other styles of 'tip', eg: instead of a simple point, combine a spear and a woodsman axe to make a crude iron Halberd...?

Heck, we could make a 'step up' from the basic woodsman axe as is, take the basic axe, add some refined metal (steel, not mere iron) and you get a 'battle-axe' usable in both war-times as a soldiers weapon, and in peace time as a higher-quality replacement to the standard woods-mans axe (perfect for multi-role woodsman/warrior players).

I could go on and on... I have ideas for basic 'throw on' militia-grade armour as well (though it would still need metal).

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby minalia on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Wooden weapon only for classes that have no weapons available to them when you pick their class. Some are pretty much forcing the player to fight with only their bare hands.

This is 1 weapon type for 1 class only. There is NO general use weapon. Thalar has forbidden it in her quote i posted. We make the wooden weapon and if no one can agree who's jobs get its. Our GM will make the final choice for us.

This is a MK1 version of weapon that we will eventually upgrade when we have enough metal to afford it. Right now we cannot waste coal. We have a over abundance of wood and no one is making use of it.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Ultimatecalibur on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:15 pm

No need to think about wooden weapons now, Iron Vein found.
Kris'tian Al'dun - Scout

I saw the Griffin first, so I'm calling dibs.

Apparently I like rafts.
Ultimatecalibur
Summoner

Postby minalia on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:31 pm

We don't have the coal to even make the weapons once we processed all 200 iron into bars in D19 and somehow someone went and screwed us over for 3 weeks in starting a mana reserve action in the iron mine we just found. *upset*
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Ultimatecalibur on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:49 pm

minalia wrote:We don't have the coal to even make the weapons once we processed all 200 iron into bars in D19 and somehow someone went and screwed us over for 3 weeks in starting a mana reserve action in the iron mine we just found. *upset*

Anyone can collect firewood and Foresters can convert it in coal at a 200:150 rate.
Kris'tian Al'dun - Scout

I saw the Griffin first, so I'm calling dibs.

Apparently I like rafts.
Ultimatecalibur
Summoner

Postby Timotheus on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm

If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby benuminister on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 am

Look at it this way, if we can't produce the metal we need for weapons we can at least make sure we have a wooden alternative weapon ready to be used.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Return to Community Centre