The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

New wall creation project.

Postby 3Power on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:23 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, the wall reinforcement project is DEAD. For whatever reason, the GM has been dropping hints that starting a new wall from scratch is a better use of our time then attempting to modify the old wall. Thus, the new plan is as follows:

1. Build wooden wall outside current stone wall.
2. Use stone (if available) or begin cannibalizing existing stone wall to make new thicker, better stone wall.

The wooden wall serves as a foundation for the wood "rebar" used in the upgrade plans, as well as protection for the interim period when we are tearing the old walls down. Thalar implied that a wood wall and that old stone wall have functionally the same defensive value.

So, same as below, except the wood is first, then the stone on both sides.
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: New wall creation project.

Postby Timotheus on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:50 pm

If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Re: New wall creation project.

Postby Timotheus on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Does this make Vitus happy? The demi towers can be spaced at whatever distance we want and can be built taller, bigger, or smaller (without the spiral stairs). They can be used as gate castles and corner towers. With some expansion the fighting platforms can support a catapult (right now they can support two field ballista or three auto-cross bows if we still had them). The watch tower is just an extension of the spiral staircase to whatever height desired. Lightning rods are optional but desirable.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Return to Community Centre