The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Hunters group

Postby James Rye on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Leonis wrote:Thing is... They didn't decide to TRAIN the Birds, against my desire. The birds were turned into chickens.

Having some chicken and a pig on the journey isn´t a bad idea. lots of ships had such animals on it so that they got get eggs and meat.

I wonder more what became of the wolf panter project. And of the Kurr antbear.

I mean, we seem to have succesfully tame those feathered dragons - awesome mounts for Anji/Badai. So those wolf panthers shouldn´t be much a problem.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Leonis on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:33 pm

James Rye wrote:
Leonis wrote:Thing is... They didn't decide to TRAIN the Birds, against my desire. The birds were turned into chickens.

Having some chicken and a pig on the journey isn´t a bad idea. lots of ships had such animals on it so that they got get eggs and meat.

I wonder more what became of the wolf panter project. And of the Kurr antbear.

I mean, we seem to have succesfully tame those feathered dragons - awesome mounts for Anji/Badai. So those wolf panthers shouldn´t be much a problem.

Except... there is no need to eat or drink. Nothing is going to be tracked.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Ronyo Storm on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:21 am

Its a hindsight argument really, if we had known we would have done things differently. I don't think many if any knew such a radical change would come especially with the last things told to us were, what we do will have great impact on the colony. Making many of us think we need to be ready to keep going with our plans and bring them to full growth after the time skip. However I think if everyone had known that after the time skip stuff like food and the walls would not be tracked then many people would have said "no need to focus on food cause it won't matter, lets do silly things."
Ronyo Storm
Nether Spawn

Postby goblin6 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 pm

I might be interpreting this wrong, even though the sudden change in direction PTP is going, our previous actions does affect Ama'varde in certain ways, we just haven't seen the results yet. Before Thalar stepped down, she said that we need to post advices the improves the colony, but advices that maintains the colony is unnecessary. For example, improving would be like expanding our crop fields so we can produce more food; maintaining would be like sowing new crops or harvesting them. As of now, we no longer perform mundane/domestic tasks anymore cause we have a huge population of NPC faceless to take care of that for us; what we did was lay the foundation and/or improve it for them to work in. Had we not expand our crop fields (again, just an example), we won't be producing as much food if we did expand; then comes along droves of immigrants: our food reserves would be strained due to the extra mouths, a smaller field means less workers required, meaning a whole lot of people without jobs and income, which could possibly lead towards instability, civil unrest and maybe a full blown revolt amongst the new populace. Or maybe I'm over-exaggerating things and blowing smoke.

It's too early to cast doubt until the next update comes. We were only given the opening act of the new system, so maybe the fruits of our labor will be shown in the next few updates. At best, we hunters just add a new item to the menu, who wants buffalo wings and omelets? :D
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Wy'shira on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:50 am

Anyone want to form a group for the unlawful acquisition of foreign animals? We are going to explore new lands and encounter a lot of new wildlife, and we have a large enough ship to take things around with us...

Come on, there's no way that could possibly go wrong! XD

On a serious note, I think that with the new format we won't have much use for this thread anymore, which is rather sad. I like the new direction the 3rd arc is going in, but I'll miss our hunter duties. :)
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Leonis on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:54 am

Wy'shira wrote:Anyone want to form a group for the unlawful acquisition of foreign animals? We are going to explore new lands and encounter a lot of new wildlife, and we have a large enough ship to take things around with us...

Come on, there's no way that could possibly go wrong! XD

On a serious note, I think that with the new format we won't have much use for this thread anymore, which is rather sad. I like the new direction the 3rd arc is going in, but I'll miss our hunter duties. :)

Join the FSF (Feral Special Forces)! It will carry on the spirit of the Hunters!
Leonis
Demon

Postby Ronyo Storm on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:06 am

I still like the idea of forming a unit to fly those dragon things as both a scouting/ airforce for the ship. I'm going to see if that's possible.

I think we can hold on to the hunter thread for a bit longer, and find the job to simply replace the name with.
Ronyo Storm
Nether Spawn

Postby Wy'shira on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:06 am

Unfortunately, unless you guys need a drow handler to reach all the high places on the ship (like a breathing, movable ladder!) I'll have to let you guys handle that. I'm sticking with Wy'shira for the time being. ;) Although, the ladder idea isn't a bad idea...
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Ronyo Storm on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:16 pm

What is the official name for the dragon things that can be ridden again? Trying to get my wording better and have my proposal more streamlined.
Ronyo Storm
Nether Spawn

Postby Leonis on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Wy'shira wrote:Unfortunately, unless you guys need a drow handler to reach all the high places on the ship (like a breathing, movable ladder!) I'll have to let you guys handle that. I'm sticking with Wy'shira for the time being. ;) Although, the ladder idea isn't a bad idea...

Drow are more for when we do insertions. If we are going to do a quick insertion and we don't have parachutes, but instead winged "flight suits". And or we get carried sort of like a "Tandem Jump". Also Drow get a nifty Black Beret and shiney Silver Winged Sword pin.

And Ronyo we don't know if we have actually "Tamed" the Feathered dragons, OR if they can even be ridden. Its not a bad idea, just don't get your hopes up too high.
Leonis
Demon

Postby Ronyo Storm on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 pm

I know, but I'm doing my homework here and have also PM'd Thalar about the idea and if it is something worth pursuing. I'm looking to find ways to give our ship and crew an advantage not find a way to stick out from the group in the story. If it turns out the idea would have little advantage by the way the writers and artists look at the world then I will turn my ideas to other places.
Ronyo Storm
Nether Spawn

Previous

Return to Community Centre