The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: PTP2 BUG REPORTS

Postby Tamo Shua on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Still can not access promote, advice, action or character. No change in blue screen.
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby BlackFulcrum on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:14 am

An odd bug popped up this week with the main PtP page, in Firefox (v 11.0) the images/frames of the Leader Archive, Event Archive, Featured House, Featured Member, Character, Member list, and Shoutbox, as well as the Announcement at the top with the link to this topic, all dropped down outside of their boxes, dropping far enough down that it's impossible for me to press the links for the Promote, and Advise options.
Also the black login bar at the top won't pull down login, info (who I'm logged in as, settings, and logout button) is just shown permanently below it.
Strangely the Maps image is still in place.

In IE (v 9.0.6) everything is lined out to the left side of the window, instead of centered, also when clicking the vote option I just get a blue empty box, without anything in it, so using that vote is also useless.

I did a quick check, on the DD and RH pages everything is fine, as is the main DT page, it's just PtP.

Now I know this version PtP has a low priority since the new site is coming soon, so things like the shoutbox being out of place is something I really don't care about, it's still working, as is the login, but it is kind of annoying that I can't vote at the moment because the image frame of the Leader and Events links are blocking the ones of Advise and Promote.
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Reayna Nimariadh Tei'kaliath - Airship Denizen
Quanhir'nylwae Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath - Warrior and Guardian of Ama'varde
BlackFulcrum
Summoner

Postby Tamo Shua on Sun May 20, 2012 1:04 pm

OH! Happy dance I can vote, finely…..(Well it’s been over, well 6 months.) Any who, still can not access the action report on the map. I can see the map but can not invoke an action, tho I did reoutfit my imaginary creature with food, seems it’s been starving for a while.
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby Zorlond on Fri May 25, 2012 4:11 am

Cheers for finally being able to interact with P2P again! Voting is available and appears to be working. Map is available and my character's just been standing around for a long time apparently. Only action I've attempted to invoke is a basic Move, which seems to be working but I'll let you know in ~8 hours if it actually did anything. Here's hoping I can get back to farming for the clan! :)
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby Wy'shira on Fri May 25, 2012 4:22 am

The map is working, but we're not using it anymore! Its actions are no longer counting. We have to do things through the comic updates instead. :D
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby goblin6 on Fri May 25, 2012 4:34 am

Zorlond wrote:Cheers for finally being able to interact with P2P again! Voting is available and appears to be working. Map is available and my character's just been standing around for a long time apparently. Only action I've attempted to invoke is a basic Move, which seems to be working but I'll let you know in ~8 hours if it actually did anything. Here's hoping I can get back to farming for the clan! :)

Like Wy'shira said, the map and many of PTP2 mechanics has been discarded, so you'll be wasting your time. Everything is now done via posting/voting in the EA and LA. Also, please reintroduce yourself in the shoutbox, let others know we have another returning player. There will be much rejoicing.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:28 am

Okay, I don't really know how to *explain* the error I have, so I took a screen-shot instead:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16 ... eport.jpg/

The Red arrows & bubbles are to draw attention to specific issues. The bubbles especially, as due to this issue i am unable to access the 'advice' and 'promote' buttons AT ALL. While the image shows only the top of the page, the whole page is effected in similar fashion, personal list & shoutbox specifically (The shoutbox still works, its just 'dropped down').

I am using Firefox ver 12.0

~JD

EDIT: It seems that if I use IE, I can still access the necessary areas for posting action and/or voting. However, image quality is 'poor' to say the least... While this does remove the 'full emergency' from the problem, it does remove the need to have it fixed ASAP...
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Jaibyrd on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:20 pm

I have the same issue, I found that you actually can use the voting options, the links are right under the image preview squares, just invisible since everything on the page got moved down, it doesn't match with what you see.

It is annoying and I'm glad it isn't just me seeing that... ^^;
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:14 am

Seems to all be fixed now, awesome!

The only 'bug' I have left is the one I mentioned right back at the start of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=15939#p686365

I know it is (still) not a priority... technically... But Still, I would like to see it attended too...

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Previous

Return to Community Centre