The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Field Ballista - for reference

Postby Timotheus on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:31 am

So, my design wasn't world appropriate?

Too practical? Too hard to draw? Too thought out? Didn't involve any "black box" technology to work?
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Hetros on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:52 am

Timotheus wrote:So, my design wasn't world appropriate?

Too practical? Too hard to draw? Too thought out? Didn't involve any "black box" technology to work?

I'd say the first and fourth options >>

Make something that looks cool and works because it's a golem. Like our pistol bows. Hell, remember, this can look like anything, it doesn't have to be purely mechanical, and in fact, Thalar seems DEDICATED to ensuring that we CAN'T make stuff like this without golem stuff -.- so might as well make it look more awesome ehn?
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thalar on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:38 pm

I have to ensure that at least a modicum of worldsetting correctness is upheld.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Timotheus on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Didn't mean to sound too bitchy, but I thought I had been very conscientious about keeping the materials and design technology within our capabilities and probable understanding of mechanics. So I was just surprised to be what sounded like being chastised for an unrealistic and incompatible design. I put a lot of time and effort into these things including interior details and fabrication steps that i never show in the illustrations in order to keep things simple.

I guess I'm just wondering what was wrong with the design that made it world inconsistent for future reference?.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Previous

Return to Community Centre