The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Chateau du Tei'kaliath (winery/brewery/distillery)

Postby Picanet on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:45 am

.... Somehow, I'm not surprised that Kir is the one that forwards the booze lol. Happy Trails Uncle *salute*
-ah nostalgia-
- Somebody that you used to know
Picanet
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby James Rye on Sat May 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Okay, since Brorn died and Rin´s busy with other stuff, i gonna take matters in hand with our distillery.

Cause Brorn died, the plan to call our beer Kir is void. Maybe we call our beer *Bro*, the Bro beer, born to drink it. Or something. Kir will be used for the squeezeberry schnaps we´ll make then. Apple vine and Honey mead are also on the list to make them tradeable goods or drink them ourselves on our festivals.

But first, we´d need barley for that (and some salt/honey/herbs for different tastes which we got, yay) and that might take some weeks ingame (cause of that hot and wet weather i wouldn´t wonder if we weren´t able to have two times of a farm field production per year). Since we don´t we gonna need, we gonna do other stuff.

I thought since the battle is upcoming, that we´ll make some disinfectants for our healers to help them out with wounds in cases of poison gases getting in them or poisoned weapons and stuff like just general for operations.

So my action for next week after this EA is over would be:

*Check if distillery is working and make disinfectants for healers with it.* - 74 letters

Any thoughts for that action?
Or anyone wanting my positon as beer/alcohol master?^g^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby minalia on Sat May 05, 2012 7:48 pm

It is a good advice, but remember to make an alcool you need a base plant. Go with with a harvest on apples or berries to then make a alcool based product once its processed via the still. That will solve our soon to be very urgent food issues and deal with our current lack of antiseptic need to help clean meck infection. He is still in urgent need for medical aid.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Sat May 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Hm, can´t i just write Thalar in a pm what plant i´ll use to get done the alcohol stuff and jump right ahead with the antiseptic?
Or isn´t it possible to use one of our younger vine bottles and to distil the alcohol out of it to produce an antispetic?

Also another idea, i got is to make oil/vinegar out of the bitter kernels of the squeezeberries as we can´t eat them, but they´re should have lots of aroma and juice inside. Given the many squeezeberries we have, we can harvest some, get the kernels out, eat teh sqeueeberries or make mus of them and then try to press oil/vinegar outta the uneatable kernels.
It would make taste our food better and depending on how much we can produce it could become a luxery articel. No oil/vinegar from the underground could compare to it, so not many Drow kitchens in Chel and other cities will be able to call them owner of such oil/vinegar for their food.
But that´s for something after the antiseptic, plus we´d still need a squeezing machine for that too.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Sat May 05, 2012 9:33 pm

The distillery is working fine Sengil. We gave large barrels of good quality wine per year to the Nals before they left. We did make antiseptics during the first weeks of the colony back in ptp1.5
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Sat May 05, 2012 11:44 pm

So i can just write, make antiseptic with distillery and that´s it? Or should i add that we use some bottles of the vine to speed up the process?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Use the existing batch of wine bottles. we got thousand of those in reserves.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Sun May 06, 2012 11:44 am

Will do so right next wednesday. :)

How many will we need anyway, a dozen antiseptic bottles maybe?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Community Centre