The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: THE FOOD GROUP!!! HELP FIGHT HUNGER!!!

Postby hedrah on Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 am

minalia wrote:I decided to put a option that is meant to be done in 1 turn to replenish the clan's food supply in obtaining sweet grass and apples. Our food reserves are almost gone. It is only a matter of a few turns before we are hit by famine.

[[ guess who's been making flour....all alone....for the past months.

Barley Flour: Level 11 [Exp: 1000]
hedrah
Summoner

Location: Ja'niike The Harverster of Food! (what? Expected Sorrow?)
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Leonis on Tue May 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Unfortunatly... we are not really playing PtP2 so any work done on the map... is fairly useless.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Timotheus on Tue May 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Here's what I'm planning to do while working on the parks. I'm first drawing up a river sized small sailing/rowing/paddle boat. Suitable for fishing, crossing, and trapping on the river. My goal would be to have four of them. Each boat would seat up to six as a crew, but would be fine with just two on board. Next we build a small docking area on each side of the river for them. One can be part of the main harbor area on the city side but the other should be as close to the agricultural center on that side as possible.

These small boats are to be used to go out fishing and crustacean trapping in the river on a regular basis for a consistent food supply (and I hope we can set it up so that it can be done by NPCs or non-active alts). But wait there's more!

Once the docking area is established I intend to expand that area to include the agricultural water mills and or wind mills, including a water pumping station for an irrigation system and machinery to improve the efficiency of grain and other food and plant product processing (washing. pressing, shredding, grinding, threshing...)

The final step is to erect a defensive wall around the complex with living quarters inside. This will then become the farmers fall back defensive position on their side of the river if we should be attacked and the river bridge needs to be withdrawn before they can get across it. It will be a place they can defend themselves from against minor foes, and stall more powerful enemies while they evacuate across the river on the boats. (between the four boats and a couple barges there should be enough room for everyone there to escape.)
Last edited by Timotheus on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Nacht on Thu May 31, 2012 12:54 am

Just out of curiosity, are any of the farmers still active and interested in managing our food supply?Most people who have put farming and food EAs in the past few months are not farmers, but just getting necessary task done. It would be better to have someone actually champion this project.
Nacht
Summoner

Postby Leonis on Thu May 31, 2012 12:59 am

I have been switching between Farmer and Hunter to get projects done when I can...
Leonis
Demon

Postby Hetros on Thu May 31, 2012 4:14 am

For god's sake, can you butcher some freaking pigs and pick and preserve apples? We need the food! D:
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Wy'shira on Thu May 31, 2012 9:40 am

Hey, farmers! A friendly hunter here with some advice. Is there anyone here who could post / vote for an option to harvest the sweetgrass this turn? We also need people to check up on the bees. :)
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Leonis on Thu May 31, 2012 8:56 pm

Hetros wrote:For god's sake, can you butcher some freaking pigs and pick and preserve apples? We need the food! D:

Het as far as Apples go.. there ARE none to be picked... At least according to the EA a few weeks back. Someone wanted to pick them with the sweet grass and got told that there were no apples ready as we were just entering spring, and apples are a late summer early autumn food/fruit.

This is the "Real" world... not the modern one where stuff can be grown and had year round.
Leonis
Demon

Postby James Rye on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Might be smart to check upon the vegetable and the barley fields. Some days have passed already and they might attract some critters if we don´t look out for it. For example we don´t have any scarecrow for the barley fields to scare off hungry birds who are after the seeds.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Timotheus on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:21 am

Apparently this would be useless as a protective measure against drain rats, so I guess it's no longer of any priority.

Develop mana rat protective gear for Drow researchers. (Leather gloves with arm sleeves, vest aprons, leggings, face shields, metal grid shields,...)

Last edited by Timotheus on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby minalia on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Simple favor i wanna ask from the farmers, could you guys verify if sector F19 (that is the northern sector from our main city that has sweet grass) have enough open lands so we can plant more farming fields in our side of the river?

Checking the farming potential of E20 to know how many field can be planted (75 word advice here i had to remove the s in field) ^^;

This could help double the amount of harvests we can wield per year to help increase our colonists food output.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:14 pm

How about going with Orrul to the edible palnts the ferals knwo about/and Nals doesn´t like it was with the medical plants? We could enlarge it with the search for spices as this would make great extra to our food as well as a great trading good. Add the "grow stuff in green hosue" and we´re good to go.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Previous

Return to Community Centre