The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

The EXTREME miners thread 2.0

Postby minalia on Wed May 18, 2011 6:53 pm

This is the new miners thread. Have fun:P

The mining operation can start in 2 weeks if we have more then 6 folks voting this week. So if you want the same old hijinks fun Maiq and company had..please vote on the miners advice.

Sorry i could not add more words into the advice like bringing weapons but if possible for safety reasons having a squad of warriors to protect the new miner group would be very appreciated.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: The EXTREME miners thread 2.0

Postby Lumini on Wed May 18, 2011 9:38 pm

This looks like a job for... THE DRAGONEYE!! I'll go ask Eh'rin about it. :D
Lumini'chal-- "All life is an experiment."
Adum'ir--- "Cursed is the man who dies, but the evil done by him survives."
Lumini
Summoner

Postby Exate on Thu May 19, 2011 12:28 am

I was very disappointed that surveying for quarry sites didn't go through last turn. Much as mining iron and such is useful, quarrying usable stone was a gigantic and utterly essential part of the miners' job; if we can't get a quarry up and running here we'll have to use wood construction for everything. Wood construction is relatively fast, particularly in to the sort of huge macro projects that we have a habit of undertaking, but it can't really compare favorably to stone. My highest priority for the miners at the moment would be getting a quarry up and running; finding usable ores and such can come after that.

Anyway, I'm going to keep throwing my votes at any mining-related suggestions every turn. Hopefully we'll get enough people on board to reach critical mass and accomplish things on a regular basis.
Exate
Demon

Postby minalia on Thu May 19, 2011 2:24 am

The main reason why i want to see that mine is mainly to see if the rocks in there is worth it for the construction..we can ignore the iron veins there..well we can mark the locations of them..but concentrate on getting the stones first.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Thu May 19, 2011 8:58 am

I want stone for our buildings and walls, the Chel settlers can have woods as much as they want but i want our home to be safe and strong and for that we gonna need lots of stone. So i hope you gonna be succesful in your expedition, Min.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Exate on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:47 pm

It looks like the vote for mining projects got split between two advices this turn. That's not so great, considering that we have a minimum number of votes to meet and we don't have the numbers of support it for two different actions.

Two items come to mind to avoid this:
-Discuss specific items here well in advance. The first mining advice this week is somewhat less coherent than would be ideal.
-Preface any advice intended to attract the votes of those interested in being miners with a [Miner] or [Mining] tag. Then once an item with that tag is up, no one else posts a second miner advice.

Hopefully that will be enough to remedy this problem, at least most of the time. It's easy to miss a single advice in the huge number of tasks that people are suggesting, unfortunately, so nothing is perfect.

I would also like to mention that with no official jobs left to us, the only way to get our characters reliably shown in the archive is to be the one posting a successful suggestion. Because of this, I would consider it polite to rotate the person making the suggestion if possible rather than having the fastest person post it every week; I know that I'm usually not around for at least eight hours after the page goes up and imagine that others are likely even slower.
Exate
Demon

Postby minalia on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:22 am

Exate you better take charge of the mining group. Next week I am going to switch to another character to start a project in town that is vital for the mining crew. I am gonna start building a mining truck since we have enough mats in our inventory and resources on site to do a small truck that can also tow a big cart to carry more rocks back and forth so i don't have to bring back the mining crew back in town just yet. With the mining truck we won't have to do a half a dozen trip of back breaking rock carrying but just a few trips instead.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:23 am

Not to contradict Lumi, but Dragoneye is tied up for the foreseeable future, both with the mapping mission and a training session I have planned.

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Kir'ima on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:26 am

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:Not to contradict Lumi, but Dragoneye is tied up for the foreseeable future, both with the mapping mission and a training session I have planned.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=15496&p=669374#p669374
Training will have no benefit until the individual tracking system comes online with PtP2.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Exate on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:27 am

minalia wrote:Exate you better take charge of the mining group. Next week I am going to ... start building a mining truck...

Can do; I'll start posting advice as of next week, assuming that no one else skates in ahead of me and seems likely to split the vote. Best of luck getting that done. It's a golem truck, I assume?
Exate
Demon

Postby minalia on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:52 am

Yes it's going to be a semi truck like this and be the bastard child of those 2 vehicules

and

Ok, i know it's not big, it won't be able to cart as much rock stones like the old golem mining trucks could but we can only build something that was the size of the spider golem and we lost it including tim Haverster so i have to use whatever leftover in the inventory thats 22 bars of special steel +planks of wood and some left over clay to build it. But i need to build the engine of the truck on the next turn, then i have to build the frame of it.

On the meantime once you secured a large amount of rocks, please use the extra rocks to build a small building so the miners can have a place to sleep at night and it can be used to store ores and rocks while waiting for shipments.
My character Min will be staying on the mining crew roster since il be using a secondary character as the wacky scientist and be the expendable test pilot on anything i build. *wee* *wee* :U ^^;
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Why making a golem truck when we have Haledris?
As proven with the logs they can carry alot of them over some distance. Same should go for stones from the quarry. Making a truck would take way too long besides didn´t we gave our last gem stone to Anji before we departed? We dont have any of them to make the golem truck run plus it would be exhausting for us, using mana that much for that distance.

Instead of making a Golem truck of things Thalar isn't even sure of if we have them or not, let´s do a big cart with wheels outta planks and some axe/tool for the Haledri to carry the stones with. That could be done in one turn.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby minalia on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:27 pm

We have confirmation that every big golem vehicule we built in the past was left behind. Thalar herself told me that.

We have over 22 unused gems in our inventory+ 15 gems in golem shields and many other golem tools in our inventory that we brought with us. And i need to make that truck for other reasons then mining.

The more vehicles we have that can cart goods the more we can get stones out of those possible mines in the mountain sections. Haledris require food, medical check ups and rest and may be scared if they see something unusual to them, vehicles don't need food, do not to rest ever but still require maintenance at least once per month. Even more we can build many vehicules while we only have 2 haledris that are better off staying close to the colony then risking losing them in the long way to the mine due to predators or ferals or any other enemies lurking in that forest attacking the convoy. We cannot afford to lose those 2 pack mules.

*points to inventory* We have 2 steel carts, but i rather you concentrate on gathering more wood. The miners will require food in a few turns, since they might be building a damn building in that field to make it into a permanent mining camp.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby blackjack217 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:29 pm

What about the E 17 expedition?
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Postby minalia on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Exate is the mining chief for the time being.

Edited, the miners..those under Exate will continue mining for rocks, I just need some folks to help me use the rocks we are going to excavate on this coming turn shall be used to build a building designed by Aluenne so that the miners can have a working house that can also act a barrack.

We can drag the crude forge in that working house so we can melt the ore on site and send the finished tools and weapons back to base instead of dragging the metal ores back to F-20. This zone E-17 if it provides ores and plenty of rocks will now be a permanent mining zone under Tekaliath dominion.

So to make this plan viable, we need someone back in base to send us 2 Haledris, with the 2 steel carts to carry off the stones, some food and lots of volunteers to replace the folks who might suffer homesickness.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Community Centre