The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: "Grabbing Up the Fauna" Team

Postby Aurawyn on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:14 am

Nacht wrote:Hey guys. Any ideas for what we could suggest for next turn? Shall we all pool our votes in to keep building the aviary or maybe we can get started on some other related items, such as leads or harnesses for the captured birds.

Pool votes into the Aviary. Once we hit the same point we are at this week (I think 10 votes). Then we can consider working on is Cages for transportation, and hoods. (Once a design is submitted)
-Rizalee Sel'kestal
Tir'ay Performer
Survivor of the Fall of Shifaye'sindil
Injured during the Fall of Ther'avare
Hopeful for the Future of the Tei'Kaliath

Wanna try out the MMO RIFT?
Aurawyn
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Timotheus on Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:35 pm

You've got a cage design (non-metal)

If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Nacht on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Nice design Timetheus. It looks good, and that way we can flat-pack them for transport.

Once they are mounted and have the animal inside, could we not include in the design some hooks in order to stick some poles through and ease transport? We should also plan for some kind of blanket or cover to throw over in order to quieten the animals during transport. If they're in the dark they're less likely to struggle.
Nacht
Summoner

Postby Aurawyn on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:02 am

Nacht wrote:We should also plan for some kind of blanket or cover to throw over in order to quieten the animals during transport. If they're in the dark they're less likely to struggle.

Part of the reason for hoods is to help keep them calm. I'm hoping that when we go doing the capturing we will at the same time clip their wings, put hoods on them, and if possible tie their wings down. (so they can't flap around in the cage and hurt themselves..
-Rizalee Sel'kestal
Tir'ay Performer

Aurawyn
Demon

Postby Ultimatecalibur on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:38 pm

2 more days after 10 votes, so if we hit 20 we could finish the Aviary in another day.
Kris'tian Al'dun - Scout

I saw the Griffin first, so I'm calling dibs.

Apparently I like rafts.
Ultimatecalibur
Summoner

Postby Nacht on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:09 am

If only people had waited before posting *three* different options for building the aviary. There is no guarantee Thalar will group them together. In the meantime, the "continue building aviary" option (2nd in the list) has the most votes so far so if we want to get to at least 10 or 20 votes that's our best shot.
Nacht
Summoner

Postby drakanor on Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:58 am

A hunting I will go ... (( 'net cookie for the first one to finish the stanza ))
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:51 pm

What happend to the trideer we caught btw? Can we use it as bait to caught more trideer similar like we did with the boars?

Also what will your next action be?

Catch some bords?
Use the trideer as bait to catch some wolfpanther animals to domestic them into dogs for hunting or breed them into war dogs?
Something else?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kear'Naun on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Moving to E19 at the moment. Will try to capture a Trideer (or multiple) if that works after helping Mina finish her action. If capture is not an option I'll try to hunt one of them.
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby Aurawyn on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Our next action should probably be to build some cages, then try to catch some birds, now that we have a finished Aviary ((Ok Premature expectation but it looks like we have 15 votes on the last day for it)

I am moving into G21 where the 30 wild birds are to see if I can catch them.. If not then it will appear that bird catching is not something we can do yet..
-Rizalee Sel'kestal
Tir'ay Performer

Aurawyn
Demon

Postby James Rye on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Or it means that we should just catch em via EA action like we usualy do? ^^;

The map is the map, the LA the LA and the EA the EA. The map is there to level our char, the LA to advise Anji and the EA to do all the stuff we see worthy for our clan like catching birds to get their eggs, meat and feathers. :3

Don start to think to complicated aka i´ve to move to this spot to catch this and that. It´s still a macro-game. I advise Anji, but voted for Brorn who´s at the mine while at the same time my char is patroling F20. How´s that possible? Well, who cares? XD

The most important thing in PtP 2.0 isn´t realism but that you get enough votes to do what you advises/want to do. Though i know you all know that already. Its just cause of the talks in the shoutbox that i´ve got the feeling more people think that the map and your char position is more important than your advises/actions. :3
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Avidavi on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Current Status of the Grabbed-Up Fauna!
Current Activities of the Grabbin' Up the Fauna Team!

@u@..................
GUTF Team, TAME Brigade! Welcome to PTP2! It's very buggy and even more enigmatic than our members, but OK!

We're still getting used to this new system, so bare with us! The next *voting* round isn't until this wednesday, but in PTP2 we can also do many things between voting periods, now!

From henceforth, this post shall reflect the current activities and goings on in the team! (The first post of the thread will still describe all of the fauna and our overall goals. I shall link to both in my sig at all times 83, and in all official GUFT posts).

THE GUFT TO-DO LIST

Project 1: Birds
We're finishing the Aviary this wednesday-update, now onto the next part of that endeavor: building cages to trap the birds!
Phase 1: Building the aviary... Complete!
  • The Aviary will be finished this turn. There is no square or action required for it.
  • The Aviary holds 10 Birds.
Phase 2: Building the cages... Complete!
  • This will have to be submitted as a proposal before it is available in the Action map. There is no current square to gather in to begin the task
Phase 3: Catching the birds... Complete!
  • This will have to be submitted as a proposal before it is available in the Action map. There is no current square to gather in to begin the task
Phase 4: Trial-by-fire Habituation and Training (more info/planning needed)... Current!

Project 2: Deer
Deer can be hunted now. But we may want to catch and domesticate them to make sure we're never in want of meat or hide. There is also talk of domestication into draft animals
Phase 1: Fencing in pasture... Waiting...!
Phase 2: Live-catching a healthy herd deer... Later!
Phase 3: Trial-by-fire Habituation, Studying and Training (more info/planning needed)... Later!

Project 3: Goats
We need a sizeable herd of goats if we are to have a steady source of milk and fiber. Maybe meat as well.

Project 4: Panthers (requested by Sen'gil)
Warbeasts? Guard companions? IDK

Other Stuff - Updated Dec 1, 2011 16:18 EST

There is an advice about building fencing for the deers, but this may be available as an action. if so, the advice will be ignored. Someone should check if there is such an action available on the map.
Last edited by Avidavi on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Alulienne Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath - Positivity Breeds Creativity!
Current Status of the Grabbed-Up Fauna!
Current Activities of the Grabbin' Up the Fauna Team!
Avidavi
Summoner

Postby AddictedToTheKnife on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:25 pm

I suggest looking into pit traps (the kind without pointy sticks at the bottom.) It could be a good option for capturing live trideer... or perhaps that panther specimen.
If the above post makes no sense, just assume I've been drinking. It's a pretty safe bet.

phoenixtalion on Skype, I love chattering.
AddictedToTheKnife
Tainted

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Kear'Naun on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Voted for your LA advice, although I feel slightly silly asking about warpigs first of all. Mounts for all! *wee*

EDIT: Oh, and a hearty cheer for the doing & to do list! *cheers* *wee*
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby Ultimatecalibur on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:43 am

There are 30 Birds, Wild at G21.
Kris'tian Al'dun - Scout

I saw the Griffin first, so I'm calling dibs.

Apparently I like rafts.
Ultimatecalibur
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre