The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Tei'kaliath Tech Thread

Postby Kear'Naun on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:57 pm

Current state of Minas Walker. Pretty much finished I think. ^^;

Kear'Naun
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Leonis on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:35 pm

I think she said she wanted another section on the rear for a "tail gunner".
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Hetros on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Kear'Naun wrote:Current state of Minas Walker. Pretty much finished I think. ^^;

I think the "toes" should be equidistant from one another around the perimeter of the "foot" but otherwise looks amazing =D
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby hedrah on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:57 am

[[ a bigger foot is needed, since those feet seem to be made for concrete. Forest floor is quite a bit softer so a bigger contact area is needed.
hedrah
Summoner

Location: Ja'niike The Harverster of Food! (what? Expected Sorrow?)

Postby Timotheus on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:02 am

I'd make a set of detachable "overshoes" to go on those feet for soft ground and snow. Maybe with double the surface area and gripping lugs.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Kear'Naun on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:02 am

Heh, and there I made the feet smaller because I thought they looked to large. ^^; Like your idea there Tim. Something like golem sized "snow" shoes? Double the surface would mean 1.41 times the radius? Maybe a little more to be on the save side?
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby minalia on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:50 am

To all my lovely engineers just keep voting on the engineer advice we are almost done. }:3 The extra help is there to help speed up the process. XD Hopefuly we will be riding and pimping our new sweet ride. ^^; 8)
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:54 pm

It is a 2 to 3 man piloted large golem around 12 to 15 feet tall. This can be piloted by Engineers only since this class has been gimped so badly in the last few years they need some love. *bigsmile*

It's primary components will be steel, clay and wood for the interior furniture with leather seats since we want the engineers to live in comfort.

It will be mostly a unarmed Golem that will have 2 hands modules to handle tools and deal with construction. harvesting. mining and heavy cargo lifting for city needs.

The military version is meant to be the same model but will have the weapons modules built after said timeskip.

The feet part can be extended to become snowshoes for winter operations so it can walk during winter operations without being hampered due to heavy snow.

The back here is where most of the weapons modules will be attached that concern a shoulder ballista and the shoulder machine gun that will be a improved machine gun crossbow that was used during the siege war against the black suns. Again this is to be made at a later date.

The military version will have 2 shoulder mounted weapon, a shield on 1 hand, a machine gun pistol that will shot heavy bolts and the possibility of a blunt weapon.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hetros on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:58 am

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/ ... 6260a2.png

I give you the Golem Rifle Mk1. Able to be used for all purpose mobile siege work. Need a wall brought down? The reinforced, plated steel tip will ensure it comes down. Got enemies coming in? It'll lay down a hail of automated bolt fire. bolts 1.5 inches thick and longer than your arm. Don't have a golem? No worries. It comes with a stand and a stabalizer to allow for easier adjustments to firing with. The twin system of golem puller down the barrel to slide the line back down into the locked position, plus twin golem "torque engines" on either side results in a more powerful launch and faster reload. Plus able to adjust the total amount of torque in the line to change the range and force of the bolt.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Timotheus on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:23 am

For whatever it's worth. Since my original Field ballista design was rejected and we never seemed to get an official picture of the one we did build from Reza, I thought I'd try my hand at a different version.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Leonis on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:23 pm

The FSF would be interested in people developing a Parachute/glider item that does NOT require Mana.
Leonis
Demon

Postby Timotheus on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Well, here's a possibility for consideration.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Postby Leonis on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:13 pm

Thank you TIm.
Leonis
Demon

Postby Finn MacCool on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:34 pm

hmm, maybe you should add a bag for carrying one or more ferals.
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Leonis on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Ferals do not need "Bags" to be carried in. We are perfectly suited to flying the gliders on our own... maybe just slightly smaller versions.

It was actually FOR the Ferals themselves which the "Gliders/Birdman Suits" were originally thought of.
Leonis
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre