The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Tei'kaliath Tech Thread

Postby hedrah on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Lyrthis wrote:
Tohya wrote:From the description the golems are more or less intact, replace the power stones and you could have them walk themselves back.
Just need to have the appropriate gemstones available when you go to get them. And with no roads, a walking golem will have a much easier time getting around than a tow truck.

As Tohya sayed, those Golems are more or less intact, so we can put gems into them and let them walk back by themself.
But the BIG question is... will they follow our orders? That is something that only a full team of us Techs will/can find out.

but at least we can hope to get em someday *wee*

greetz

[[ Yes, power up a "I-can-rip-you-in-half-without-blinking-and-i-got-no-eyes" machine of unkown make, which could potentially murder all of those near it instead of removing the appendages, study it and reverse-engineer what it has to improve our models and use some of it stuff to improve the skill-level of our technicians....

See, this is why you think six or seven steps ahead instead of 1, something you need to do before and after we start ptp 2.0.
hedrah
Summoner

Location: Ja'niike The Harverster of Food! (what? Expected Sorrow?)
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby drakanor on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:05 am

Sorry guys but she is right about that. The quickest way to understand how something works is to take it apart and rebuild it again.
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Okay, so...i´m no tech and i don´t plan to become one, but i put some thoughts in how to make our scouts become more deadlier/better support then only equipped with crossbow/shortsword/scout armour/cloak.
And what i thought of was a crossbow/sniperrifle something, a crossrifle.

So there´s the idea i draw for it:

The explanation is already in it, but i want to say again that the two gems should be there to justify that the crossrifle will have more range, accurate and deadliness then the current crossbow.
However, that will also make it more expensive to build which is my intention as i don´t want all of our scouts to become overpowered supersnipers.

If we´re lucky we will be able to build a total of 5-6 crossrifles who will be used by Scouts for hunts, guerrila warfare, assination and support in battle with the warriors.

For now i would be very happy if a group, it doesn´t need t be a big one, of techs would be okay with building this rifle together with one or two smiths. For the beginning just one crossrifle, a prototype to see if it got any faults seen by GM and to check with the scouts if it´s really better then their current crossbow.

That´s it. Thanks for reading. :3
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby blackshade10 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:33 am

I like the idea. :3

Hmmm... Does anyone have any ideas of defense golems? Automated ones, or ones that are larger in design?

I think that having a large array of defense golems would help our clan greatly in many ways, especially at night(Glorious thing about golems- they don't sleep.)

We could try creating the spider golem in a mass variety, or perhaps something similar.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:39 am

I saw a few ideas about 'defensive balista Golems' being thrown around a while back... Sounded worth pursuing to me...

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby James Rye on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:43 am

I actually thought up of a plan of small hidden golems in the underground to be only activated when the enemy comes near to surprise them. If i find the time i gonna draw some plans for them.^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thalar on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Aww Ja'nike.. what a spoilsport 8P
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby minalia on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:06 pm

At least we ain't gonna fall into the stupid domain of we found a golem let's activate it in the middle of nowhere without checking if it has any hostile control artificial intelligence gem hidden deep in its mechanism to prevent them to be stolen in the first place. If you guys want to throw your lives away by activating a old relic..feel free to do so. As for me I will taking my sledge hammer and destroying those golems after i am done examining them. I just want the spare parts for my designs.

As for you gem crafters who want to study those AI gems. I recommend you all to build a small wooden golem android replica of the old body made of very fragile sticks. Install the AI gems and see how the damn thing reacts to our presence. It could be a good way to train the warriors if those control gems have a set of instructions they follow and tactics they employ to deal with drows. Without the lethal power their bigger bodies pose they can become good punching bags.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Okay, here are two concept ideas. Was to lazy to draw so i searched for what looks similar to my ideas and found some good *golems*:

1. Slow 6 legged heavy tank golem with anti-golem kanone and one or two anti-infanterie crossmachine guns:

2. Fast 2 legged flank golem with one anti-infanterie machine gun:

Can be made safer but then it´s slower:

Personally i like the 6 legged golem idea the most cause it got an anti-golem kanone (which we need to invent first, but comes time comes solution XD ) and two machine guns and enough space for not only the ammo but also the pilot and the kannoniers. It can/could also be made to carry 5-10 warriors in it´s back so that they are safe from arrow fire till they can drop out at the frontline.^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby hedrah on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:36 pm

[[ Jame, get on the PtP skype, we seriously need to talk....and in a Good way! :D
hedrah
Summoner

Location: Ja'niike The Harverster of Food! (what? Expected Sorrow?)

Postby James Rye on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:47 pm

After the talk in Skype and roughly 2-3 hours i made this:

(Please remember this is just the first draft, after your critics i will either try to draw it better or someone of you takes over and turn this into a much better concept art!)

Tagol (the name can still be changed ofc) got:

6 Legs
2 arms who can be either used as legs or to held off infanterie/can be exchanged for chainsaws to cut through them
2 entrances (one for normal use, one for evac)
One Kanone (mostly to be used against other golems)
3 Machineguns (mostly to be used agaisnt Infanterie)
It can held one pilot and 4/5 gunners (3 for the machineguns, one or two for the kanone)
That much may or may not be needed as i don´t know how much gems this needs to be running and shooting.

However, Togol will not be the running and shooting tank but the either running or shooting tank. Bascially if you want to shoot the kanone for a huge range, you need to stop to put in the necessary mana from the legs into the kanone. It can move and shoot with its machine guns ofc after all it got its gunners mana for that. Togol got enough room for munition as well as you see.
It´s legs are so build to be nimble, but the pair in the middle is build for stability and thus higher and bigger then the other two pairs.
The kanone tower got a section which can turn 360° and there where the kanone is, it can either twist down or high to make the shoots more accurate.

Or that's how i see it.

So what do i need to change? Who wants to make this into a better piece of work?^^

EDIT:
Damm, it got cut off a bit at the left side! >.<
How can i change that? *hmmm*
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Ah, btw what about Badai´s arm?
Will someone put up an advise for it this WE or do you wait till next week to draw some concept for his arm?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:13 pm

This is a mandatory movie that every engineer should and must watch to get ideas in how to build effective weaponry using wood.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=1GUNRYZN
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Lyrthis on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:41 pm

James Rye wrote:Okay, so...i´m no tech and i don´t plan to become one, but i put some thoughts in how to make our scouts become more deadlier/better support then only equipped with crossbow/shortsword/scout armour/cloak.
And what i thought of was a crossbow/sniperrifle something, a crossrifle....

thx for the Ideas Sen'gil, i added them to the List as requested.

and i had an Idea not unlike yours... i thing i'll try to get something drawn in Sketchup if you allow me to combine our ideas.

minalia wrote:This is a mandatory movie that every engineer should and must watch to get ideas in how to build effective weaponry using wood.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=1GUNRYZN

nice movie Min, gives some nice details on weapons old and not so old. do you have it on youtube too?(as megavideo tends to block me from viewing more then a few minutes)

greetz
Lyrthis D'rak Tei'Kaliath.
D'rak Family Thread

PS:if i'm using the wrong words, please tell me, my native tongue is german, but i'm willing to learn :)
Lyrthis
Tainted

Postby James Rye on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:26 pm

OMFG!!! *omfg*

Please forget my sorry excuse of a war golem plan. THIS is how our future spider tank golem should look like!!! T-H-I-S!

Okay, maybe not exactly like this, but very similar like that. God, my jaw dropped when i found that on the net. It´s nearly perfect to what we imagined in the Skype talk. *eek*
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre