The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Tei'kaliath Tech Thread

Postby Tohya on Wed May 23, 2012 6:28 pm

The 3D image looks fine. If there is enough metal available for it, you'll have to ask the dwarves for some.

Tim's design is unlikely to make it past Thalar. While it is a very simple and easy to build design, it does not fit the world setting. The 'wheels' we used on the spider golem wouldn't work too well on the surface, the ground is too soft/muddy. I'd stick with wider versions of the feet in the 3D drawing.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Wed May 23, 2012 6:56 pm

The wheel feets are meant to be used on the stone roads. The walker parts it to be used in off roads regions. Besides this is the first part of a massive wargolem meant for urban combat inside our city, since the motor of the small 4 legged tractor is meant to be used for a nuqrah like wargolem on 4 legs that has yet to be designed. The only metal parts of this golem will be the legs and the motor.

The cockpit, the seat and everything else will be made in clay and wood in order to avoid using to much metal. This is for civilian use only for the time being and will allow the engineers to make actions with the vehicule to assist other ranks since we could add the crane in the trailer the golem will be dragging behind. Yes, we built a construction crane back in the colony days. No i was never shown in the comic for some obscure reason.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby minalia on Thu May 24, 2012 12:22 am

Alright for the first part of the golem project, we are building the engine block first. The dvergar gave us a immense gem stone as the power source for the golem so let's make use of it.

This is the end result of the action but it should be bigger.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kear'Naun on Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm

Wow. How old is that picture Mina? I haven't been an engineer since ... well, since PtP2 ;)

And although I'm not an engineer anymore I still like designing things that will make our enemies go squish and stuff. Thus I present you the result of too little sleep, a liberal helping of creativity and entirely too much optimism.

*Coughs* If you are interrested, feel free to use it. If not I'd still appreciate it if you left a comment or two at http://kearnaun.deviantart.com/#/d515dmb
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby minalia on Fri May 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Oh it does look like the golem replica i kinda wanna make. Good work Kearj, this may be what the final result golem will look like when the next era starts.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Timotheus on Fri May 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Just for fun, the scout cycle in its various versions. While I'm sure it would never get approved, I think they look neat.

If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Kear'Naun on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Not explicitly designed for Path to Power, but if you wan't to have fun with the design, feel free to use it. Thus I present you the artillery support golem. As always feel free to leave a comment at http://kearnaun.deviantart.com/#/d52hwnf. Although with a bit of effort and luck we might be able to equip it with weapons slightly more awesome than ballistas.

Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby minalia on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Very nice. This could become our anti flying horror unit since it could act as our anti air unit
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:09 am

Is it just me or these look like Battle-Mechs? The first one kinda reminded me of an "Urbie" (Urbanmech). This new one looks like the baster offspring of an Urbie and an Awesome...

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Hetros on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:35 am

still say these need quad legs =P
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kear'Naun on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:53 am

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:Is it just me or these look like Battle-Mechs? The first one kinda reminded me of an "Urbie" (Urbanmech). This new one looks like the baster offspring of an Urbie and an Awesome...

~JD

Well, I have to admit I rather like them Battle Mechs. Although I don't quite see the resemblance for the first one. Is imo not barrelshaped enough ;) But the Awesome crossed my mind once or twice when modeling the arms for the second one. Gun barrels for arms FTW! *wee* Main inspiration was the Blood Aspis though. Only that one has no shoulder guards of awesome. ^^;

Hetros wrote:still say these need quad legs =P

Still working on a quadruped version ;)
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby Leonis on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Should actually work on an 8 legged version. Much more stable then either 2 or 4 legged version.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby minalia on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Ok engineers. our next goal is to build the canopy section that will be holding the pilot/passenger seat and the motor part on the back.

This is the advice i am gonna post but i am open for a better way to phrase it.

"Engineers,construction of the golem canopy+pilot section in wood and metal" 75 words
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kear'Naun on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Reference image for the walker cockpit. *wee* A salways feel free to leave a comment at my DA pagehttp://kearnaun.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d52n55c. Hope I got the scale right. Should seat two comfortable (operator and another one next to the operator? or maybe one to the left and the right if they are friendly?) and possible another one behind them. ^^; Mina?

Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby minalia on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:47 pm

Maybe add a secondary part behind them? a gunner section to add the tripod machine gun we need to remake from ptp1. At least if we can't shoot the target we can just run him over }:3
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre