The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Biel's Hammer and Sickle

Postby benuminister on Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:51 am

Welcome Komrads to the Forge. My name is Komrad Biel and I am your Forgemaster. *cough hack* Sorry about that, I don't know what came over me.

Anyway, hello and welcome to the smithy, my name is Biel Tel'mari and I am you new forge master.

Blacksmiths and Their Importance
The blacksmiths play an important role in the clan and its ability to function; without us there would be no swords for the Warriors, no picks for the Miners and no scalpels for the Medics. We create the essential tools need for the clan to function correctly. This does not men however were are independent, and nor should it, we are just one of the pieces that make the Tei'kaliaith run smoothly and effectively.

My Definition of What it means to be a Forgemaster

Key to being a forgemaster is listening. Rather it be to forge workers, builders, miners or, scouts, a forgemaster must take heed to all ideas being mentioned here the on the forums.

A forgemaster must take all these suggestions into account, regardless the author, and encourage creativity amongst their workers. it also means adapting the resources offered by the blacksmiths the to the need of the clan

They must to listen fellow forgeworkers and make working in the forge a worthwhile experience.

As a ranked a forgemaster maintains the right to decide what is the best course of action for the forge workers per turn. If resources, or time, warrants a project's precedence over another, or would impede the current direction of the clan, a forgemaster maintains the right to deny or approve projects based on importance and resources available.

As with all ranked a forgemaster must communicate with their fellow ranked players to prevent mis-communication in the game.

Personal Policies

Anything not on the forums is voluntary communication, and you reserve the right to direct relevant conversation to your thread.

I will personally endeavor to remain neutral in my decision making.

Now that you've read all the pomp an circumstance down to the nitty gritty.

The To Do List / Project List and Blacksmith Rooster

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... rYkE&hl=en

Pay attention to this document as it will be constantly being modified. Any project not included on this sheet has not yet been heard by myself.

Changing Importance Level
Ton change the importance level of one of the objects on the, To Do list, just post you intent and reasons here on the thread.
Last edited by benuminister on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Biel's Hammer and Sickle

Postby Kran on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:06 am

Awesome! Congratulations in becoming the new Forgemaster, Biel! :D
Honu Al'dun Tei'kaliath
Kran
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby benuminister on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:08 am

Two things not listed on the spreadsheet but still very important are the election of my SiC and my redesign.

Firstly, my second in command will be chosen via vote.

All those wishing to take the position must fill out the form below before 0100 Eastern on Tues. They must also fill out the sheet below and post it here on the forums.

Name:
Character Name:
Reason You should be chosen:

The vote will be held on Tuesday and end in 24 hours. Although I don't think it needs to be stated, the player must be a forge worker to participate in the vote or run for the position.

-----

My character's redesign on the other hand is open to everyone, including those who are not forge workers. All entries must be in before this Friday. Voting will take place this Saturday.

I only have one request.....don't touch the hair

Oh and I almost forgot! I'm going to be holding a Q&A session which will be posted on youtube. So if you wish a question answered, whether it about working here or about me specifically, post them before Sunday
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Hellsion on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:46 am

benuminister wrote:I only have one request.....don't touch the hair

}:3
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Finish on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Congratulations Biel :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby chanel_lang on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Hey i like how you did the chart it look's cool but just want to let you no that Kain element is Kain right now :D you may need to charge it we don't want any body getting a big head ^^
"Dark Times Lie Ahead Of Us And There Will Be A Time When We Must Choose What Is Easy And What Is Right."
chanel_lang
Tainted

Postby Gojinki on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:21 pm

I thought it was perfect the way it was

Element Kain! the rearest and most dangerous element of all O ^ O
Gojinki
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Gonna re post this info so we don't have to deal with people asking to use ada for anything other then currency.

Basics about Ada, the drow currency.
Sourced from Kern.

Adamantium starts off as chucks of raw, impure ore. The raw ore itself is not worth its weight; this is the poor drow's means of currency, using it to barter for goods. Slavers may also run mines to dig out the ore.

The poor drow doesn't have means to smelt the ore-- it is an undocumented procedure, but let's just assume that it's not possible without much effort. Adamantium is valuable for a reason-- but it is also reusable, like gold.

These raw ore of adamantium eventually make their way to Adamantium resellers-- usually directly from slavers who run mines, or the low-class drow who use it to barter. These resellers are almost always clan based, as most major clan possess the facilities and connections to make it work. With these facilities, they carefully smelt the ore into practical portions they can use to barter with. Since adamantium is always coming in, it makes sense that adamantium is taken out when it is used in constructing things.

Now, adamantium's worth is related to its weight after it is smelted/purified. At first, it was molded into large, cumbersome bars and traded to clans in bulk for supplies, services, and favors. Over time, as clans began to use adamantium to trade, it became more practical and convenient to carry 'coins' of adamantium on ones person. A single coin is considered one 'unit weight' of ada, no heavier than a quarter.

To relate its use to goods: A single coin of ada is good for a meal in a restaurant. Ten ada buys a nice dress. Forty ada can buy a slave.

Now, since ada's worth is in its weight, would it be practical that anything made out of pure adamantium is worth its weight? No; not all goods cost the materials needed to make it. The crafter will probably charge for labor, and good craftsmen will charge for simply applying their skill. More about that later.

In relation to currency used on the surface, it is worthless to the point of negligible. The only currency between the surface and the underworld is bartering of goods and services.

Now, adamantium isn't the only thing used as currency. Gold and other things might be used too. In comparison, gold and ada is like cents to a dollar, so it would not be unusual to have gold pennies. :p

Subtopic: Adamantium

Adamantium is valued for many reasons-- its hardiness being the underlining factor. This makes it very, very difficult to melt in large quantities, and even more difficult to mold into large objects, such as armor or weapons. Adamantium of course does not -make- the weapon good, it requires a master craftsman to make it into a good weapon. To put it into perspective, a shoddily made adamantium item is, and will never be, as good as a lovingly crafted item made of lesser, high quality materials that serve the same function.

For this reason you will never see a constructed adamantium wall-- simply too impractical, since walls are simple obstacles in warfare, and it is expensive. Pure adamantium equipment and weapons is also impractical in warfare; simply use cheap steel equipment and weapons, use the ada to train and pay the soldiers. There are other ways to get around armor and weapons, too, that makes it too risky to invest so much in.

This info comes from this thread viewtopic.php?f=83&t=4324&start=15
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gojinki on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:12 pm

if i read this correctly then I need to post this here ^^

Name: Gojinki
Character Name: Gojinki Rein’Annas Tei’Kaliath
Reason You should be chosen: “Availability” I am here on a daily basis and would be reachable (via Pm/Msn/Skype) should the leader be away or unable to post an action, or if someone just needs to bounce an idea off a forge hand without posting it in the tread. On top of that I rather like the forge and have absolutely no intention of switching jobs in the future.

"Design Support" In the past I have submitted many designs and prototypes for both the Forge and Golem projects (“Gojinki’s Book” in theatre thread has the sketches) and feel that there may be other members who have creative design ideas that are unable to get a picture down on paper. In these cases I would be glad to field the designs and hopefully recreate them on the page so that they may then be submitted to the leader as a viable option.

I feel that I am an active qualified candidate and wish to take my shot as SIC
Gojinki
Vel'akar

Postby Hellsion on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Pssst you forgot to say komrad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NKHJ64qRR8 *heehee*
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Way to come in strong, Forgemaster! :3

Now, you said to do something about that hair of yours right? good, good, just checking.... }:3
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Brosis on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:04 pm

Grats Komrad Biel! :]

Would compete for the SiC position.... but can't come up with a reason for anyone to vote for me so nevermind that.

Character redesign?.... grumble grumble secret project foiled again! grumble...
Used to be Bronith :(
And later I was Bronir! :/
But now PtP is dead so I'm back being nobody :/
Brosis
Demon

Postby benuminister on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:44 am

chanel_lang wrote:Hey i like how you did the chart it look's cool but just want to let you no that Kain element is Kain right now :D you may need to charge it we don't want any body getting a big head ^^

Pardon?

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby KyoKvl on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:55 am

benuminister wrote:
chanel_lang wrote:Hey i like how you did the chart it look's cool but just want to let you no that Kain element is Kain right now :D you may need to charge it we don't want any body getting a big head ^^

Pardon?

she mean's Kain has the Power of KAIN.

Kain's Element is himself in your chart of Chartyness
Last edited by KyoKvl on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds it."
Profile: Rahil'rez Tei'kaliath
KyoKvl
Tainted

Postby benuminister on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:59 am

I see *ninja changes the document*

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Next

Return to Community Centre