The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Postby Kail'odian on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:23 am

Oru was quiet, very quiet. He listened, stoic in his appearance to Quel, even steading his breathing.

You want me to hit you? You want me to find my strength? My resolve? My RESOLVE!

"You have a lot of nerve Quel, despite your reasons. Myself, I do have a reason for fighting here today. That's to show the clan that I am a capable fighter. And when the clan needs me, I'll be ready to give my self, my life for Tei'kaliath! Don't you dare taunt me into explaing my resolve ever again. You are right about one thing though, your not going to the finals."

It was then that Oru bowed, and started marching forward towards his opponent, but that in itself was a feint since Oru was ready to move the second Quel did.

You and I may be friends, but you just ticked off the wrong blue-haired male.

Oru flexed his fingers, eyeing his target's limbs.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Q on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:49 am

Quel smirked, bringing his arm together, he lowerd his upperbody for a respectuous bow.

Now you are talking Oru... Come at me... show me your resolve...

He raised his eye toward his friend, seeing in slowly closing in, he went back in his defensive pose. Once again his own adaptation, more compact than how he was before. Showing to his opponent that if he wanted an opening, he`d have to create one.
Q
Demon

Postby Kail'odian on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:05 am

Oru goes in quicker after the bow, and came out swinging.

First he did in quick succession several punches aim for the upper chest, then the lower body shots, with some rare shots to Quel's neck. Oru also interspersed his punching with leg sweeps, kicks to the stomach and arms, even the feet.

But Quel was blocking well, and Oru was angry. He was getting angrier by the minute for not finding any opening.

Keep at him Oru, don't let him breathe.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Q on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:19 am

-Hmpf...

*Quel didn`t move a notch while Oru was closing on him, keeping his single eye fixed on him. His blue-haired opponent started swinging punches and kicks at him. He blocked, blocked everything. The hits were so direct.

he`s trying to create an opening.... so straightforward....

*Blocking with forearms, parying the punches with his hands, bringing up his shins to block the kicks, he blocked oru`s hits just as if he could anticipate every single of them.

- What is that Oru ? Are you mocking me ? After threatening me that is that all what you have ?

*This time he didn`t block the punch, instead, he sidestepped into Oru`s weaker side on his left, dodging his right fist. He grabed the arm that was presented to him, and taking a hold with his other hand on Oru`s upper body,he lowered his own, and with an elegant sweep sended him roll a little bit farther.

- Is that really your resolve ?

Come on Oru... don`t let me step on you like that....
Q
Demon

Postby Kail'odian on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:35 am

Oru manouvered in the roll, landing on his legs, and struck up a bit of dust rebounding off the ground back to Quel. He didn't need to say any words, Oru's actions were doing the talking.

He then grabbed at Quel's arm, and tried to get around his opponent. If he tries to something with his other arm or any other limb, then he's going to be in for a surprise.

His face betrayed no emotions, only a purpose. Quel was about to find out what that purpose was.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Q on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:52 am

desperate are we ? That won`t do....

Quel didn`t try to break oru`s hold on his arm, instead he wrapped in other hand around so `he couldn`t let go, Bringing his balance point a little bit lower, twisting his body he was going to pull Oru toward him, sending his elbow toward his face, using his strenght AND the fact that he pulled his opponent directly toward him...
Q
Demon

Postby Kail'odian on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:59 am

Quel did exactly what Oru wanted him to do. The pull was crucial for Oru in close, and now Quel would find out he made his first mistake. As he was brought closer, Oru did a jump and brought up his knee, making a hard hit right into Quel's stomach.

Did you expect that, Quel? I bet you didn't scout that counter.

Oru kept hold of the arm, attempting to pin it behind his opponent for the follow-up move.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Q on Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:16 am

** The acride taste of bile came to the scout`s mouth as the knee connected. He clenched his teeth. He lost his breath for a second, his movements were slow, too slow... his body was exhausted, he left himself open... He`d have to make good use of his remaining energy... Blood rushed through his body has he felt Oru going around him. The familiar twist of his arm warned him of his opponents manoeuver.

You didn`t win yet, Oru....

He abruptly brought his knee to the ground, forcing Oru to step forward under the weight of his whole body which made him lose his balance for a split second. Pushing with all the strenght of his legs, Quel jumped back, in a backflip over Oru, forcing him in mid-air to let go of his hold on the scout`s arm. As soon as he landed, he made a little jump back.

Not bad.. we are getting there... just a little more...

He was catching his breath, rubbing his arm where the lock could have dislocked it if he didn`t break the hold. That was a close one...

- We are getting somewhere it seems... You are starting to anticipate, to read me...

He went back in his stance, but this time, it was more agressive.

- But don`t think that it made you win !

He launched himself, he was slower, sign of his body getting weaker. But still, it was an impressive speed. In a second he was all over Oru, punching, kicking.

- Be more aware !

He kept punching, going for Oru`s face, torso, even arms legs, forcing him to block, sidestep, block again, too close too many times, but no hits went through.

- Anticipate ! See more than one move in advance !

He went for a powerful uppercut but that hit nothing but air.

- It is not only our body fighting here, it is our minds !

He rushed at him again, drowning him in a flurry of blows.

- Is your resolve in this combat stronger than mine ?

Punches, kicks.

- If yes, maybe you`ll have a chance !

Suddenly dropping to the ground, he lauched his leg in a circular motion, ready to sweep Oru off his feet...
Q
Demon

Postby Kail'odian on Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:42 am

Quel was coming at him harder now, yet Oru was still angry at him. The flurry of punching and kicking, he did anticipate them more accurately now, plus Quel's injuries from the scouting, Oru noticed the the larger male was starting to slow down, just not done yet by a long shot.

Then he saw it, an unorthodox move with the attempted leg sweep. Seeing it, Oru jumped straight up, raising his legs with intent of kicking out as Quel came up, but ready to block at a moment notice if he needed to.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Q on Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:57 am

- Too slow !

Quel finished his rotating motion, standing again, he grabbed Oru while he was still in the air and turned on himself bring the poor drow with him, throwing him high in the air, using his own weight to catapult him.

Jumping in a follow-up motion, he reached the blue-haired male in the air. For a second, their gazed connected, and for this time, they seemed to be suspended in the air and time ran more slowly. Quel didn`t flinch, launching his right foot at Oru in a flying kick, that he managed to block even in this uncomfortable situation, but sended him back on the ground. Quel followed up with a falling punch, falling rapidly toward Oru that was now on the ground, fist first putting his whole weight into it.

((Oru and I are in contact by msn and I have his permission for the little him moving around in my posts ))
Q
Demon

Postby Kail'odian on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:06 pm

Oru was still in the air when he suspected Quel was going to follow through with his jump, to come back down on top of Oru with some kind of an attack. Even a novice would see such an attack coming at them. While it seemed that his opponent had the advantage when he was up in the air, Oru knew what to do.

He side-stepped just a little, preparing his counter punch, which would be sent upwards, however that was only the first part of his fient. He made the second part of the fake move ready to do for when he hoped that Quel saw the first one. Whether he sees it or not, he will expect it anyways. Hopefully, the first part is the only part that Quel sees. He's a scout, what he sees is what he gets.. and then some.

The second part was to make it look like he was going to grab hold of Quel. It was all just a cover though, for Oru was ready to move around his adversary's back as soon as either feint worked.

He got ready his other hand, flexing his his fingers, preparing to make his move. Quel was soon going to be enlightened to Oru's resolve once and for all.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Q on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:05 pm

Oru side-stepped heh ? Quel`s Fist hit the ground, sending a sublte ripple around the figthers as some of his mana was unconsciously released. Quel felt his innards collide against one each other, his body was really reaching his limits. He felt the taste of blood in his mouth. He tried to supress it. What was he doing ???
He stayed there, his fist on the ground, completely immobile, while his opponent was right in front of him. He lost a precious second there. Move body, move ! He clenched his teeth.
Q
Demon

Postby Kail'odian on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:27 pm

He wasn't sure what Quel was doing given the speed that he was capable of, but Oru wasn't going to wait around. The younger male came in first aiming for Quel's head, hoping to give the impression he was going fo a headlock. He was really going for the neck really, but this first impressionistic move was a precautionary one, since there was a chance that Quel might figure out what Oru may have really been up to.

Oru got his hand ready to be used in a chopping motion. He imagined where the critical point on the back of Quel's neck was in his mind as he got closer, since Quel had longer hair than Oru.

You should have said no to Shiir, old friend. You need a rest more than a fight.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Q on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:55 pm

Darn it !

Quel sended his body back a little bit to be able to stand without loosing his balance. Bringing his forearms in front of him, blocking Oru`s arm. In almost the same motion he pushed the arm down, and threw his elbow towards Oru`s face.

His elbow connected...

with nothing ???

Quel knew what happened. Years of practice with a blind eye has let him sharpen his instinct and trust it more than his ampered sight. He would have wanted to turn around, block, continue the fight. But Oru found his limit and used it against him ; his body won`t move fast enough... It wasn`t even worth to try, Oru deserved what he got.

- I guess we are even now...

He closed his eyes and smiled.
Q
Demon

Postby Kail'odian on Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:56 am

Oru moved off to his side of the match area, not so angry anymore, but still very determined. Not just to win the match, but to prove to his comrade across from him, that Oru had what it took to be as capable a fighter as Quel believed him to be.

"Yeah, we're even for the moment. But we both know that won't last long, now will it?"

Oru quickly bowed to Quel'Ianthiss again, flexing his shoulders and arms. Do you have anymore training left in you to show me Quel?
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre