The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Postby Meska369 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:43 am

we got that building up a fishing village in it's entirety might not be possible before we get into the ruins, BUT

Big But here..

You, all of ya'll, do not understand that repairing the ruins, if we can, will take a BIT of work and more importantly...TIME. Allot of it from the looks of it.

Building with wood is easy. building with bricks is better, but stone is way Tuff. You need skill to hone it so that it fits together correctly and as far as I know, we might only have 2 people who might have skill with earth/stone work from their magic and backgrounds. That will take a LONG time...
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kirio on Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:07 am

That is very true, but it is still the safest place to go if we are suddenly confronted with a band of slave raiders. I expect that those of us working with Katralya and Mari'ciel will remain in tents until a good spot for Dice's village is decided upon. The ruins make sense as a clan home base and place of refuge. And, the village is essential for craftmasters who need to live close to where they work.

Repairs on the ruins would be set up in priorities:
1 The look out tower
2 The Il'haress' quarters
3 Storage spaces (for withstanding a siege)
4 primary fortifications (clan members will have to take the place of stones in breaks in the existing wall until more important construction is complete) .

Clean up and sorting of debris could be done by just about anyone and a lot of stone work will have merely been knocked over and relatively easily reconstructed by an expert. The clean up would also be helpful in rebuilding the strength of the clan members now that we have mostly recovered from our journey. :)
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby AuroraDragonKaya on Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:22 am

Assume we have earth mages, because fire mages have been seen heating up rocks in the background, even though they weren't actual players.
Kern is NOT looking at the stats in the forums.

What's more, if it would take long to repair the ruins, it would take even longer to build something from scratch.

And the Ilharess made it clear that the next step is to build our home. Home does not mean small village, though if you wish to live in the fishing village when its later set up that's entirely up to you.

Cleaning up the ruins will be thousands of times faster then trying to make our fortress from scratch. :3
AuroraDragonKaya
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Nerev on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:02 am

Agreed. The ruins are our best bet for now. Once the tournament is over and everyone is rested, we should send an expedition to scout them out in detail and make sure they won't come crashing down on us the second we move in. There might also be goodies in there the last party didn't find. Also, like I said in the Establishing our home topic, we need to deal with the slaves before we start anything big there - they're a valuable resource, and we don't want to spook them and send them fleeing somewhere else.
Nerev
Summoner

Location: If only my gi was oranger I could grow a monkey tail.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Frost Indri on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:11 am

They're valuable to use or eat, depending on which we go with. *beer* Still, with our fighters now ready, we might be able to take them on. ^_^ Too bad we can't find out more of their story without them knowing...
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Nerev on Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:17 am

With the tournament over, we should form a temporary militia for defense and dealing with the slaves. Even without quality weapons and equipment, drilling and learning teamwork is a good pasttime, and will serve us well if we get into a fight. Plus it'll keep some people busy and give us a foundation to build our military forces upon. Once we're ready to begin moving into the ruins, we can beat down the slaves with our trained personnel and lock them up somewhere until we decide what to do with them. Then we can start rebuilding and making the ruins safe for large-scale habitation.
Nerev
Summoner

Location: If only my gi was oranger I could grow a monkey tail.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Frost Indri on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:06 pm

Even still, getting information on them before dealing with them is a good idea. Its clear that we can sneak up on them and listen in. Knocking in thier heads might be unnecissary (sp!) but then again, it might be very much needed. We don't know.

Rushing into a situation without any foreknowledge is a dangerous thing.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Community Centre