The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Quel's Expedition

Postby Q on Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:56 pm

I'm not particularly asking for advice. If you want to leave an idea you can, but I don't want the same idea posted 6 times by the same person. This thread is more about letting others know what goes through Quel's head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quel didn't even look behind... He knew what he had to do, and left without regrets... Without weapons. Weapons will have to wait, duty can't wait. He had the honor of serving directly under the Il'Haress, and that was enough. His father would have been proud...

The day was long and tiring, carrying his food, he traveled to the north west. He felt a contained joy in thinking that he took a part of the expansion of the clan... Stepping forward to serve the lady he swore to protect....

Finally, the strange gate... Two, statues ? Golems... immobile guardians...
From what he could remember, Golems reacted to auras.... it would be impossible to sneak in alone. The cover of darkness wouldn't help..... Impossible to tell if they are activated without getting dangerously close to them... Darn... This will have to wait. Better get some sleep and head for the light tomorrow. Lady Anjhali will know what to do with those golems.
Q
Demon

Postby kirio on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:05 pm

m(_ _)m Thank for taking the trouble to do this.
This is one of the things that I was hoping would happen when I first read the description of Path to Power --a behind-the-scenes look at what the support characters are doing and thinking.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby AuroraDragonKaya on Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:46 pm

No Quell! Don't go towards the light! XD

(Well, SOMEONE had to make the joke. :P)
AuroraDragonKaya
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Frost Indri on Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:53 am

Have you noticed the option presented in the event's archive?
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hetros on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:23 am

I seriously wondering about those golems... one silver one gold (sorry but after playing a life time of RPGs I can't help but notice it), no distiguising marks to identify them to any specific clan... and the architecture behind this is just as ambiguous.
Probably, and I know this is not something our character's know yet, there is someone in the city who does know what they are.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Lady Tenkage on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:18 am

Y'know, the entrance doesn't look particularly new. Seeing as how the majority of the design is concealed by the stone. Unless the cavern widens behind them. But, seeing as how we're already near a ruin, it's possible that the area we're in has fallen into disregard after whatever happened. Of course, that means nothing for those two golems. Did you notice that the silver one on the right has something glowing on its belt? True, it could be just reflected light, but I doubt it.
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Hetros on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:41 am

nah, it's just the shine, there's a glow further up near it's shoulder too... I think it's just the reflective metal is all... sooooo... unless golems don't get dirty easily, these are fairly new ones.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Q on Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:18 pm

remember that golem react to auras, so since I doubt they have been programmed to respect my aura, I won't get too close. Next update you should see me take a look at the light from Chel.

Edit : the update should be due so be a little bit more patient... ^-^
Q
Demon

Postby Thalar on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:45 pm

It's up.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Q on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:06 am

Better leave those Golems be, that is for sure....
After the ruins, the gates and the golem, Quel wasn't surprised to find a road not far from there, and decided to follow it since it went toward the light. But nothing he saw up to now could have prepared him to what he saw then. Thousands of light, a great city like he never saw before. Grand and Impressive, huge unrevelled itself before him. He stayed a second, breathless. But his soldier's instincts kicked in ; this close to a great city he could get caught... It is time to go back and tell everything to the Il<haress.... He had a lot to tell..
Q
Demon

Postby kirio on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:43 am

*beer*
*applause*
I haven't even seen the update, yet the discription is so clear that it's like standing right next to Q and seeing it with him!
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Lady Tenkage on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:17 pm

Dang... If the side path led the Chel, then where the heck does that golem-guarded gate go??
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Kail'odian on Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:27 pm

Lady Tenkage wrote:Dang... If the side path led the Chel, then where the heck does that golem-guarded gate go??

I got a feeling that may be the Sarghress back door. Remember this page? There is even a pair of golems standing guard right next to the tunnel.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Hetros on Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:29 pm

major clan home? or maybe a minor one? After all, each clan's home base is a self sufficent city state onto itself, Chel is just the meeting ground.

So maybe a clan placed those there to guard an errant entrance?
or... maybe something HORRIBLE is sealed with in those ruins... and in the next update we check the slaves and all that's left is a pile of mangled corpses... THE HORROR THE HORROR!!!!!!

or maybe they just didn't want to set guards on an unused entrance, or expend the energy to fill in the door.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thalar on Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:22 pm

Kail'odian wrote:
Lady Tenkage wrote:Dang... If the side path led the Chel, then where the heck does that golem-guarded gate go??

I got a feeling that may be the Sarghress back door. Remember this page? There is even a pair of golems standing guard right next to the tunnel.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

But those golems are directly controlled, they cannot act on their own.
The golems in front of that seemingly abandoned gate in our section, seem much more complex, and are probably independent of operators.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Next

Return to Community Centre