The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Path to Power: Artist Request Thread

Postby Madea on Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:37 am

The purpose of this thread is for people who need help in getting a preliminary character image, if they want, but lack the skills to do so themselves, is to request the services of the many talented artists that are members.

However, this is not a thread intended to be for mooching; there must be some form of offering in return for you to post on this thread. Whether you wish to commission someone, or offer a trade (such as writing something for them in exchange), or what have you, there needs to be some sort of compensation.

Additionally, this is solely for character designs so that individuals can have a reference to be used as background individuals in the comics. While you may or may not appear, having an image helps.

Don't forget that if someone does not have a character design picture, and gains a ranked slot, they are allowed to use solely a text description, and the PtP artist will design it for them.

As usual, PM any questions to me.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Hetros on Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:40 am

well... I'll do my best to help everyone (no promises on faces though... beyond a normal... well face, can't get major details like scarring right >.<)

not sure what you can trade me though ^^... I guess I'll take commissions, and writings, and other stuff you're willing to give me, I just like to draw.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Lady Tenkage on Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:12 am

I'd love to help. I like drawring. (Yes, the extra "r" is intentional. Heh.)
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby kirio on Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:33 am

I'm a pathetic artist and need help.
What I have to offer in return:
I'm fluent in Japanese and can both read and write it.
I can puzzle out a little Chinese, but I'm barely a beginner as a speaker.
I'm also a beginner in Xhosa (the click language of South Africa that is former president Mandela's native tongue).
I'm an English conversation professor with experience teaching standard freshman composition and tutoring in the writing lab, so I can edit stories.
I'm willing to pay a commission for professional quality work.

I just started summer break, so I have plenty of time to edit even a fairly long story.
Last edited by kirio on Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Hetros on Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:36 am

I'll give it a shot for free, you just owe me later ^_-

send me a pm with a detail decription of your character, and your email so I can send you the file once it's done, I'll do my best with the face, but again, no promises.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Lady Tenkage on Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:14 pm

If anyone would like me to draw something for them, feel free to PM me, and we'll iron out the details.

Examples;

Ys'sa:
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x122 ... eeYssa.jpg

Mari'Ciel~ I asked if I could draw her, heh.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x122 ... ksmith.jpg
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Starlitdragon on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:07 am

If someone wants a character designed for a ranked position/RP thing, I can do up a sketch or something before Sept. 10th (classes begin again). Art trades are always rad, but not necessary. PM or note me on DA, whatever tickles you. It doesn't seem this thread is getting a lot of bites? D8 Baw.

sketchyo:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v200/ ... iew1-1.jpg
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56935083/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53948413/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51408110/

abhor:
http://starlitdragon.deviantart.com
Starlitdragon
baneling

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Finish on Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:03 pm

I'm looking for an artist to draw my recently approved character Veros.

That are the details from the description:
The most notable thing on Veros is his eye-patch which covers his right eye. His hair is not colored and has grown until the back. The most time he wears it open. Veros is estimated 1, 70 m large.

What I can offer in exchange: I'm a native german speaker and can help you with translations. I'm a good story-writter, if somebody need one, tpp. That's not much, but maybe somebody have a use for my skills. And, of course, I would be really appreciate for the help. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Miburo on Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:18 pm

Artistically disabled person seeking help :)
I would like a sketch of Khan'zalika, I got a few pictures as reference but I can't doodle anything other then a stickfigure.
In exchange, I can translate Dutch to English (but I doubt that would be usefull to anyone). If you want any information on Belgium or local specialities or items, I can provide it (beer, lace, chocolate,...)

Ok I got a new hobby I now can crochet some easy amigurumi figures, I already made small birds and cats, if you have a reaquest (and a pattern please) I can see what I can do.
Last edited by Miburo on Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Nerev on Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:50 am

I have no useful skills, so I won't be requesting anything. I WILL see if I can get my buddy Rain to drop in, though.
Nerev
Summoner

Location: If only my gi was oranger I could grow a monkey tail.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Serantis on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm

I dont really have much to offer as payment cause im broke atm (Damn my new car and its insurance) , But i would be eternally grateful to whom so ever renders his likeness also maybe we could come to so sort of arrangement of some sort.
Anywho Serantis's description is listed on my Basic character sheet but if more detail is needed please PM me or post here i read the forums daily =)
Besafe and happy Hunting
Serantis
Demon

Postby Jaibyrd on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:35 pm

Serantis: rough sketch with water color pencils added:

Again, my anatomy needs work, so sorry about how weird the arms and hands look... *sweatdrop*
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Serantis on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:55 pm

Looks great, Many thanks again Jai for the exellent rendering of Serantis.
Its odd but he Does wear a vest like that altho ive never mentioned it before.
Again thanks Jai
Serantis
Demon

Postby Serantis on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:02 pm

Ok so i finally finished this today, Please bear in mind it was done on a legal pad i tried to touch it up but well . Hope you like it cause i dont do this well often but i got the bug and did it anyway.

Serantis
Demon

Postby Thalar on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:07 pm

Cool! You should post it in the pictures and tattoos thread tho, Jaibyrd and Serantis =)
(Since this is a request thread! Your pictures deserve to be in the big pictures thread =) )
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Next

Return to Community Centre