The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Katralya's Supply Docks.

Postby Timotheus on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Thank you again, I hope everything is all right with you, and I'm working on that right now so you should be able to see the first attempt soon if not already.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Timotheus on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:38 pm

I guess the next step is to get a new topic heading going. This I realize is a matter of utmost importance and that we as a group will be judged eternally by the wit and creativity of our main topic title.

I'm rather Inclined toward something simple like "The Gathering Place" or "The Harvester's Home Companion." I rejected "Timo's Tiktikki Tap" relatively early, along with "That Place We Post Stuff". "Winslow's Burrow" had a certain appeal, but he didn't get elected, and he's already got enough of a swelled ego. "Formerly Katralya's Supply Docks" while rather truthful didn't exactly have the zing i was looking for either.

So I'm going to let the Harvesters have their chance to throw in their adas worth. Do you like "The Gathering Place" or "The Harvester's Home Companion." or would you prefer something with Timotheus or Timo in it? Or do you have an idea of your own? The floor is open till Wednesday, after which the new topic will start. (Eat Algae or Die got cut too.)

On another front, the potato bug project is moving forward. Bugs are in habitats, their growing and reproductive habits being studied, and the grilling equipment is in production. So that leaves one last hurdle facing us, BBQ sauce. We can't BBQ potato bugs on skewers over an open grill without BBQ sauce.

So as a challenge to our creative cooks, we need a BBQ sauce recipe that we can use here in the under-dark made with stuff we can get here. The winner gets the sauce either named after them or can name the sauce or both. The winner will be decided on by both how reasonable the recipe sounds and its creativity. The judges decision will be final, and the judge will be anonymous.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby hedrah on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:13 pm

[[ Take two cups of alcohol, four cups of water in a pot, toss in half an apple, let it boil until apple is nearly dissolved, filter it, add one teaspoon of salt, stir until all is dissolved: Done.

Pour into a small platter, roll bug in it before BBQ'ing and serve after the potato bug is done thoroughly.

Other one would be:

(if we had a vinegar i'd be able to make it perfectly) Take one Crab, boil it with belly facing upwards in a pot with 5 teaspoons of salt, pick up when done, dislodge the top shell while it's facing belly-up, scrap off shell fat/butter into a larger bottle/liquid container, add (normally a pinch of sugar) a few drops of apple juice, stir it around and let it cool off.
Now, fill it 8/10 water and 2/10 distilled alcohol, seal the bottle/container and let it soak for one day.
Sprinkle on some onto the targeted BBQ item while it's being prepared.
hedrah
Summoner

Location: Ja'niike The Harverster of Food! (what? Expected Sorrow?)

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:53 am

More of a potato-and-gravy aproach:

finely choped mushroom in put into a shallow pot (over a simmering temperature) with half a cup of beer (or even just water), add "mixed flower" and stir constantly (to prevent lumps) untill thickened to a syrupy consistancy. The bug is cooked seperately and then served on a warm plate with the "mushroom gravy" served either seperately in a small cup, or already poured over the top of the cooked bug.

We could call it "Potato-bug in mushroom-beer sauce".

As for a thread name: "Timo's cooking adventures" (?)

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Nightsky on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Hall of the Iron Chef's?

Timotheus's Tantalising Taste Town?

Revenge of the Harvesters?

Algae, Bugs and Cooks ... oh my! ?

8P
Nightsky
Nether Seed

Postby Kir'ima on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:42 pm

Timo's Good Times Grill

"If it moves, cook it*. If it doesn't, eat it."
* Cooking of moving objects optional. :0
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Lt Anders on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:43 pm

T.E.E.T
Tim's Exceptional and Edible Treats? ^^;
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Tim & Winslow's!! :3

Timbits!

Tikibucks!

*lol*

Timbuck 2. >w>

*goes to sleep now*
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Frost Indri on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Timbits works for me. :)

I just don't know how many people will get it and how many people will think we're talking about something else.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby LazarusRising on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Frost Indri wrote:Timbits works for me. :)

I just don't know how many people will get it and how many people will think we're talking about something else.

We'll just assume it's a non-American inside joke and pretend it didn't happen.
Laz'are of PtP
LazarusRising
Summoner

Postby Frost Indri on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:53 am

I'm American and I know what Timbits are. Its more of a Nothern (North Eastern?) thing.

And no, when I was a teen travelling with my parents I didn't tell them that the donut holes were called Timbits.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby LazarusRising on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:06 am

Frost Indri wrote:I'm American and I know what Timbits are. Its more of a Nothern (North Eastern?) thing.

And no, when I was a teen travelling with my parents I didn't tell them that the donut holes were called Timbits.

But Tim Hortons is primarily a Canada thing, isn't it? That's where Timbits come from, or so I thought.
Laz'are of PtP
LazarusRising
Summoner

Postby Nanoth on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:50 am

Wish I knew what I could do to help... (Sorry haven't posted anything for a while, been busy with stuff...)

Also noticed that My Drow is in the comic. Hope it wasn't a bad reference pic I used, could have been better I spos, perhaps another redrawing makes it a little clearer if I get to help more directly. But I know not what I can do to help other then boost numbers...
Nanoth
Nether Seed

Postby James Rye on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:14 pm

So, do you need a tester for the new food? Since the potato bugs needs to be tested first to be added to our food list. ^^
I like the mushroom-beersauce idea. Nice to live in a clan with lots of cooks.^g^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Ay'elle on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:09 pm

}:3 Redirecting new harvester-related posts to the active thread:

Timotheus's An-Teeks and Supply Warehouse
http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=14511
Ay'elle
Summoner

Location: Packing for the long trip back to the surface on July 24th