The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Leader Archive Day 41 Very Late

Postby Madea on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:09 am

Oh, I'm well aware of that, but the problem is, is that the crowd is pushing us back with projectiles, meaning if we try to grab someone from the dying mob, we're going to end up getting hurt. So I'll put something in about trying to grab someone if they get close enough, but we're not gonna go fishing. Too dangerous, and we're already risking a lot trying to hold back a mob with six doods while our peeps escape.

Fun Fact: Shiir wears the color red because it makes him run faster. If he combined this with racing stripes on his abs, he could accelerate THROUGH TIME, ITSELF. (Peferably to go back a ways and uterus-punch Rhinn'elos' mother. FAAALCCOOOON PAAAAWWWNNCCHHH!!!)

...I blame cold medicine. -shuffles off to bed-
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Cayen on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:11 am

so Shiir is affected by the "red ones go faster" special rule? He spent the points on it?
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Nagimalice on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:20 am

The plan sounds like the best idea currently, and i agree that if we can pick up one of the wounded mob, without too much noise, it wouldn't hurt (much more). Using Drow shields dosen't sound like a good idea though, too much potential for angering the mob further.

Do we need to create a 'Fun Fact' thread for TK members?
I don't wanna work.. I wanna sit around and bang on the forge all day."
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby PenDragon on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:32 am

Yes to the plan, and yes to withholding the hostages. We need all the leverage we can get. }:3

It would be a shame to give them both back if we don't have to, but I suppose we don't need an extra slave at the moment. ^^;
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Catriana on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:55 am

I agree with this plan. Yeah, that's all I really gotta say to that. XD
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Finish on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:32 pm

That plan sounds very good. We should do it that way.
However we first have to deal with the "minor issue" of capture them.
Let's hope everything works as expected - at least now. ;)

If we want to enslave them this could be quiet difficult. Especially if we sperate them
the remaining on will do his best to sabotage us. Also if they belong to a Clan or bigger
group who care about there people, they will try to get them back. And then we
can be pretty sure that we get in trouble with another power. Now they don't know
anything about us and assume we are just hired swords.
However, I guess with some pressure and work we could enslave them both.
Both from my point of view if we keep one or two of them there are better
uses for them, then keep them as slaves. ;)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Nasfors on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Yes, do it. If we can grab an overzealous mob member and keep the two special ones, we're in a very good position for the future. If we treat them humanely, we may even gain that new ally. Good luck to squad 3 and the scout pair with the little lady.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:28 pm

I don't think enslaving them would be a good idea either. These two aren't like the slavers. I don't think 'breaking' them would work, plus if any of their family or friends were to find out they were our slaves we would have endless headaches. Nobody gave a damn about the slavers. Chances are the commoners in the area were happy they 'vanished'. These two are likely from a clan popular with the locals. They were aiding them after all.

Assuming the current plan works out, we have three serious options: turn them over to the Svarts *upset*, kill them :( , or convince them that the Svarts duped us, make them allies, and let them go home. ^^; Enslaving them will just buy us a load of grief down the line.

As far as grabbing a member of the mob is concerned, if one of them is foolhardy enough to give us a chance at that, grabbing one would give us a sop to throw the Svarts. I'm sure the Svarts will eventually learn that we have more valuable captives (I hope we capture those two). But it might put off a confrontation if we have some poor sap to hand Rhinn. ^^;
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thaluka2 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:53 pm

If the Svart merc is still on the scene, how close is he/she to us? That might be a big inconvenience to any of our plans.

"Hey merc, come over here I need you to tell Rhinn something for us....closer........*STAB* }:3
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Catriana on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:05 pm

It shouldn't matter who we give them, since they didn't specify who they wanted. If we grab a commoner, we give them a commoner. We keep what we want. If they wanted something of significance, they should have stated so. Since they did not, we are not obligated to give them anything.

However, they did say 'kill the rest', so that could be manipulated.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Finish on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:25 pm

I'm pretty sure they don't want one of them to ask him "How's it going" they want to know who's behind the attack.
That means they want info. Yes they said we should "keep one alive for questioning", but that means if we capture
more we should hand them over, too. Especially if they could provide them with importatend informations.

It's like someone say: "Bring me the head of a dragon as trophy" and the hero comes back with the head of
a newborn dragon. I guess the Svart since let the mob get away and don't give them all our prisoners. I guess
even the nicest Illhar in Chel would think we cheating her.

Yes I know the Svart probably weren't honest, too, but they said we can have the mine after this battle.
If they feel cheated we maybe not get the mine and have to fight against them, too in the near future.
And the plan was to avoid a fight with the Svart if possible.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Idunyken on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:10 pm

Original plan posted by Madea is good...great even :)

But I have serious reservations about grabbing a commoner from the mob. With all those eyes watching they're not going to miss the fact that someone is being dragged off and we risk rekindling their fire and cause them to give chase at a time when running fast is not possible...so what i'm saying is it can hurt to try madea ^^; even wording it the way you say and grabbing one that gets too close would still prompt the same reaction from the mob..imo.

I also agree with the already stated concerns that the svart merc may still be watching and that Rhinn would likely not accept the commoner as a valid prisoner.

Edit: Possible alternative in case nobody agrees with me: Change 'grab one if he/she gets too close' to 'if one of them follows after you're well out of sight of the main mob then grab him/her'.
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby kirio on Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:05 am

Idunyken wrote:I also agree with the already stated concerns that the svart merc may still be watching and that Rhinn would likely not accept the commoner as a valid prisoner.

I don't think she will have much choice in the matter. She won't like it, but she wouldn't have set up this deal in the first place if she thought strong arm tactics would work on us.

Edit: Possible alternative in case nobody agrees with me: Change 'grab one if he/she gets too close' to 'if one of them follows after you're well out of sight of the main mob then grab him/her'.

That depends on how quickly our casualties can be moved. If most of them are 'walking wounded' even capable of a fast jog that will leave most of the able-bodied warriors free to defend our retreat (it looks like there are only two who need to be carried by two or more nurses/scouts). Plus mobs get strung out in pursuit and that combined with streets designed for a walking population (very narrow) means that once we get a little distance from the square where the battle took place our warriors will have a major advantage.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thalar on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:39 pm

kirio wrote:That depends on how quickly our casualties can be moved. If most of them are 'walking wounded' even capable of a fast jog that will leave most of the able-bodied warriors free to defend our retreat (it looks like there are only two who need to be carried by two or more nurses/scouts).

Unfortunately we have 8 incapacitated wounded. (six from the previous page, two more from the most current one). We tried to get them back on their feet last round, we'll try again this round, but I believe we will end up having to carry/drag them all. The only wounded not in need of being transported are squad 2 (light injuries, still standing), and the lightly wounded nurse.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby kirio on Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:26 pm

*sweatdrop* Ouch! I was hoping that Ys'sa and Rulishia were the only really serious casualities.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre