The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:33 am

*sighs* somehow, it bothers me that we are seriously worried about getting yelled at. I think that MIGHT be part of the reason why some people left: who plays a game to get yelled at? Especially when we're trying to figure the mechanics out...

Anyhow, not all of our suggestions were done by this page. Just the main one of "we need a healer."

*crosses her fingers* There are lots of ways to present "suggestions." ^_^ Lets hope we get a good one.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thalar on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:37 am

I don't think she'd yell at us for suggesting to bring in a healer, she seems to get angry if we give her stupid advise or try to take everything at once, not if we make some sensible suggestions and go slowly.

Although I can agree it's a possibility.. We're still figuring things out and it might be quite frustrating for some. Time doesn't fly as fast in the Archives as it does outside them. It's difficult to adjust to, being used to things happening continually and fast in our modern world.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Hetros on Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:45 pm

ehn, I agree... some people may have left because of that. But also I stay because the comic is that engrossing. Lets face it, Kern has gotten us worried about our Il'haress's wishes, worries, health. And not even in many pages he's managed this. That takes talent in both writing and drawing. Anything that can make me that involved is worth stay for.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby kirio on Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:26 pm

I agree, Hetros, there's something special about how he writes An'jhali that makes you want to have a character that will strive to do his or her best to serve her leadership. I really get the impression that he is working hard to make her the kind of leader that inspires loyality and love in her followers.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Q on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:14 pm

*nod*
Q
Demon

Postby Hetros on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:30 pm

*happy that he actually made an insightful comment for once*

anyway, I do know that she also gets angry at repetition... and if the medic thing is voted for I'm sure she'll think of it as repitition
>-<
Best case senario: People see we have a healer and vote for the look outs around the ruins.
Second Best case: kern ignores the healer comments cause they are already taken and goes for the next highest vote.
Worst Case: Annoyance and anger from our il'haress.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thalar on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:39 pm

He might have taken the result of those votes into the event archive, I mean the asking for rank thing. Maybe it didn't fit in the leader archive script?

This is from the shoutbox:

Kern : I write the script for leader the thursday. And events the tuesday. It goes online when it is done, no specific day.

So most likely he has already written the leader archive.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Hetros on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:49 pm

point.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Q on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 pm

anyway, Ilharess won't be angry ; morale is up thanks to the tourney
Q
Demon

Postby Kail'odian on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:11 pm

Q wrote:anyway, Ilharess won't be angry ; morale is up thanks to the tourney

Now there's a good point.

Now we just have to wait to see what the update brings. Hope for the best, prepare for the worse; that's all we can do right now.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Frost Indri on Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:24 am

I say that the first thing we should build is a bomb shelter for us to hide from our Ilharess' ire. ;p
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thalar on Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:43 am

Problem is, we'd need that bomb shelter when we went to suggest building it ;_;
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Hetros on Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:28 am

hmmmm... we could sneak it in under a granary.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby kirio on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:26 am

Bear in mind that An'jhali is young and inexperienced. Her anger was pretty clearly more due to the fact that she was feeling overwhelmed by the responsibility as shown in the last panel of this update http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/archive_leader.php?check=1&order=date&overview=1&chibi=1&cover=1&page=1&extra=1&id=6 rather than being actually angry with the clan members. The last panel of the following update also supports this.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Nerev on Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:13 am

We need to beat the peons into a proper pecking order and limit their direct contact/whining to the Ill'Haress soon. While I'm sure An'jhali wants to be out and among the people - and that's perfectly fine - we should try to get some sort of mediator to take down the people's suggestions and complaints and submit them to An'jhali in a calm manner that doesn't include twenty people shouting things out all at once.

Dear Leader is young and inexperienced, but she makes up for it in charisma and a sincere desire to help the clan, not just use it as a means to an end. We need to find a way to keep these strengths on our side and limit the weaknesses this stance represents. We can't cut her off from the clan, but we should keep things calm around her and stop putting her into high-pressure situations. Perhaps a form of secret police...
Nerev
Summoner

Location: If only my gi was oranger I could grow a monkey tail.
Clan: Vloz'ress

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre