The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Leader A. Updated: Day 13, Early - New Contacts

Postby Madea on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:01 am

Thank you for that, kirio! :3

I promise everyone the warmaster isn't going to open up slinging rocks when there is a chance at all that we can turn this into a positive encounter. Strategy and tactics *does* require some upper thought processes beyond "hurr hurr, SMASH!!"

I completely agree with having a couple of extra ranked members come along. As I said in the ranked member thread, my opinion would be Khan'zhalika (if we can find a way to keep the slaves in check... maybe corraled a room with a warrior? We could spare one) for her information about Chel and Mari'ciel, since she can talk shop if they might need some repairs done.

All the other ranked members are otherwise importantly occupied, even though we're dealing with this group. I would hate to lose our skilled craftspeople so early, when the warriors are there to ensure that we *don't* lose them.

Shiir will be there to: a) offer a bit of muscle to the group and b) ensure the other ranked members have a chance to escape in case things go sour. NOT to start a fight we can't win. Remember, our sworn oath is to defend and protect the clan and her members; if we have to die in doing so, so be it. If we have to fight, our tactics will be *delaying* tactics, only, giving the clan a chance to get out of the way.

Don't worry, Shiir's not bloodthirsty, he's perfectly fine with not fighting every group that comes along! But being ready to do violence on behalf of the clan is the warriors' duty.

Don't forget: "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

If you desire peace, prepare for war.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby PenDragon on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:23 am

I still have some reservations about this, but I suppose it's folly for a tailor to tell a warmaster how to do this type of job.

You're our guy, Shiir. Go out there and do your thing. We'll all hope for the best.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Rulishia on Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:54 am

Well there is always one thing a tailor can tell the warmaster to do about his job: "Put a shirt on!!!" :P

And I see I'm not the only one with movie quotes *wee*
Rulishia
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kirio on Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:00 am

Rulishia wrote:Well there is always one thing a tailor can tell the warmaster to do about his job: "Put a shirt on!!!" :P

*lol* I think the Ill'haress would rather he didn't. }:3
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby PenDragon on Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:04 am

Rulishia wrote:Well there is always one thing a tailor can tell the warmaster to do about his job: "Put a shirt on!!!" :P

HAHAHA! *wee* I've been thinking that for the longest time, Rulishia! Thank you for finally saying it!

Good one! You must be an empath.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Meska369 on Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:56 am

Maybe you can make him a simi-shirt that will satisfy the "look" of rank and the admiring eyes of the Ill'haress.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby PenDragon on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:07 am

Meska369 wrote:Maybe you can make him a simi-shirt that will satisfy the "look" of rank and the admiring eyes of the Ill'haress.

I'd be happy to. Abs may be all well and good, but one of these days our warmaster is gonna have to trade in his shirtless look for a suit of armor, or at the very least a well-tailored shirt.

If he wants to show his abs, just leave it unbuttoned. That's what MY character does. }:3
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Miburo on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:21 am

Khanzalika would be happy to come along, Or if someone wishes I can hire an overseer to keep an eye on them while I go along to the greet the visitors. i'll post a message in the shoutbox asking for anyone who can keep an eye on the working slaves. It'll be a temporary job ofcourse but any application can be submitted here as well
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Tohya on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:54 am

Meska369 wrote:I offered to go in the shout-box. I figure, I die and Tohya can take over my rank as we are so new and I haven't really done much yet and she could continue the work easily.

*sweatdrop* I was the first person to offer to go talk to them. :p

The problem with sending Shirr is that it would be better to have him lead the warriors if things go bad, instead of him being one of the first ones killed.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Serantis on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:44 am

I would be happy to go but unfortunatly im not back at the ruins, unless Quel sends me or another scout back to pass along info about what we have found.
If so id be happy to run back home and then assist in the meeting, Speaking of which are we going to name our new home/city ?
Serantis
Demon

Postby Hetros on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:20 pm

... we'll get to that when we come to it... I don't think the other clan fortresses' are named. But if we do, something like "new hope" would be favorite, (possibly less starwarsish)

but these guys look like traders ehn? Well armed traders, so perhaps relic hunters... but traders all the same.
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kail'odian on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Madea wrote:if we can find a way to keep the slaves in check... maybe corraled a room with a warrior? We could spare one

Miburo wrote:Khanzalika would be happy to come along, Or if someone wishes I can hire an overseer to keep an eye on them while I go along to the greet the visitors. i'll post a message in the shoutbox asking for anyone who can keep an eye on the working slaves. It'll be a temporary job ofcourse but any application can be submitted here as well.

I will (Oru) would volunteer for this. Now Im not opting to get out of the action, I'm just trying to be flexible in my help to the clan. ^^
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Jeriah on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:34 pm

Tohya wrote:
Meska369 wrote:I offered to go in the shout-box. I figure, I die and Tohya can take over my rank as we are so new and I haven't really done much yet and she could continue the work easily.

*sweatdrop* I was the first person to offer to go talk to them. :p

The problem with sending Shirr is that it would be better to have him lead the warriors if things go bad, instead of him being one of the first ones killed.

Well, I've already lent an argument that agrees with you, but for a different reason. However, there has been considerable support for sending Shiir. He is also keen on this. Given that the Ill'haress has adopted a democratic system of making decisions, I'm sure she will support that decision as well. And not because Shiir's too sexy for his shirt either (although it doesn't hurt, apparently). If she supports that decision, so do I. I would have to share in Shiir's optimism though. As I stated earlier, I doubt their intentions are hostile unless we foolhardily do the provoking.
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:37 pm

Kail'odian wrote:I will (Oru) would volunteer for this. Now Im not opting to get out of the action, I'm just trying to be flexible in my help to the clan. ^^

Don't worry i got a temporary overseer already, Pendragon is going to refrain from joining the harvesters untill I'm through dealing with the guests. Afterwards I think I'll be able to handle 9 slaves on my own again.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Finish on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:34 pm

If they see a Shiir with bar neck, they could think we are some kind of perverts or savage. ;)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre