The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: EA Updated: Day 13 - Early

Postby Rulishia on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:26 am

Well if they are mercs we can't offer them anything as payment for services, being the exiled people that we are.
I'm kind of hoping that maybe they are a deserters or warriors given up for dead because their unit was nearly annihilated, in that case we may be able to gain a few new allies. If not, I'd rather not risk civilians.

Shiir should be more than enough to try and speak with them. We cannot risk showing too much hostility or they will become defensive and may just straight out attack. I actually think he has a solid plan here with having his warriors along the wall of the canyon to pelt them with rocks, but that won't be too effective versus armor. However, is he planning on going it alone to meet them? Seriously inadvisable, you should take a few warriors to act as a bodyguard should things go badly. *volunteers*

Really, we should definitely NOT have every able bodied person there to back Shiir and the warriors up. There are many other tasks that the other ranked members have that need to be done. If they aren't done, we won't have "able-bodied" people anymore or even anything resembling a decently equipped fighting force. PLEASE, assist the supply master and get us the supplies and foodstuffs we need to rebuild our people!!

Listen to the Il'haress, she is the voice of wisdom for our Clan. Like she said: "We cannot have a Clan full of leaders." We can advise the individual ranked members to help guide them along the way, but we all need to work together as a team.

Ah, well. Maybe the Universal Greeting will help: BAH-WEEP-GRANAH-WEEP-NI-NI-BONG? ;)
Rulishia
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby PenDragon on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:41 am

Rulishia wrote:Really, we should definitely NOT have every able bodied person there to back Shiir and the warriors up. There are many other tasks that the other ranked members have that need to be done. If they aren't done, we won't have "able-bodied" people anymore or even anything resembling a decently equipped fighting force. PLEASE, assist the supply master and get us the supplies and foodstuffs we need to rebuild our people!!

Oops... sorry. Misunderstanding. My fault. ^^;

By able-bodied I meant those with any sort of prior combat experience, and I didn't mean that they should be behind Shiir, I meant that they should be nearby the ruins and ready to act if the alarm is sounded.

Right now we don't know if the armored strangers are threats or not. Until we do, there are more important matters to attend to such as gathering supplies.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby kuma on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:47 am

The idea with sending a herald is sending someone that`s expendable. If we send someone important to the clan, and he/she gets killed, it may take a serious blow to the moral of the clan. Remember the slaves and their gladiator? ^^;
kuma
Tainted

Postby Rulishia on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:59 am

I'd like to think that they we are a lot better organized than the slave rabble and the gladiator. We have more people that can handle themselves in combat and if they do attack one of our own. It may even drive us into a berzerker frenzy.

Personally, I don't like to think of anyone as expendable. I would rather place my own life on the line (esp. since I'm also a warrior) than risk the lives of non-combatants. But then again, I guess you may feel the same way. Placing the welfare of the Clan above your own (Spock: "Needs of the many, out-weigh the needs of the few, or the one.").
Rulishia
Demon

Postby PenDragon on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:04 am

I think we're all willing to speak on behalf of the clan if given the permission from An'jhali. I think a non-violent hand like our resident mushroom farmer's would be useful, but then so would the hand of a warrior.

If these people prove to be the ruffian type, maybe I could speak to them as well? My character used to be a ruffian too, so he'd know what to do.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby kuma on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:12 am

Can`t we just agree on not sending anybody of the ranked members?
kuma
Tainted

Postby PenDragon on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:20 am

kuma wrote:Can`t we just agree on not sending anybody of the ranked members?

Yes. But unfortunately, that's for the Ilharess and the Ranked Members to decide.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Meska369 on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:34 am

Unless An'jhali/KERN says otherwise, I think it will have to be a ranked.

The ranked have already put thier necks out on the line o fullfill special needs and those that DO are more apt to be trusted in certain sutuations. First contact, like this is a VERY speacial situation. Sending Shiir, like it seems we will be doing, is a great idea.

He's already proven his worth as a warrior against a trained Gladiator! those guys are tough and skilled at close quarters combat. Shiir won handily. He IS the best bet going forth as far as being able to survive out of almost all of us in case it goes south. He's eloquent, even headed and seems to get a good read on people. That is something you also really want out there.

If we sent a single person, Shiir would be my pick. Heck, when I first saw the people in armor I thought, "Shiir has a new job".

I would like him to take along at least 2 others for looks sake if nothing else.

There, I said my peace.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby PenDragon on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:41 am

Shiir is a given and has my vote.

Frankly, I don't want to speak to those people at all, but they're probably not going anywhere for awhile. And I'd be reluctant to send my character out there. With only one good leg he won't be able to run, and if things turn sour he's dead meat.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Jeriah on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:19 am

Not that I don't have faith in Shiir's abilities, but his fight with the Gladiator was 1 on 1, not 1 on 10. He's good, but even he has his limits, particularly since these opponents have armor and weapons that aren't as makeshift and broken easily as with our Ruin encounter. If a warrior type does go, I hope they don't let glory influence certain actions and words over the needs of the Clan. Personally, I'd recommend a champion who specializes in words over swords.

We have the option of creating a 'herald' ranked position, but I don't know how often the Clan would use said profession except for times like these. An important task, obviously, but not exactly a 24/7 use.
Jeriah
Vel'akar

Postby kuma on Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:59 am

Jeriah wrote:Not that I don't have faith in Shiir's abilities, but his fight with the Gladiator was 1 on 1, not 1 on 10. He's good, but even he has his limits, particularly since these opponents have armor and weapons that aren't as makeshift and broken easily as with our Ruin encounter. If a warrior type does go, I hope they don't let glory influence certain actions and words over the needs of the Clan. Personally, I'd recommend a champion who specializes in words over swords.

We have the option of creating a 'herald' ranked position, but I don't know how often the Clan would use said profession except for times like these. An important task, obviously, but not exactly a 24/7 use.

when I first mentioned the word herald i didn`t mean it as a 24/7 ranked member job. Rather just to solve this current issue and later on get a diplomat.
kuma
Tainted

Postby kirio on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:58 pm

It looks like Madea had this pegged a while back. This is probably a bunch of mercenaries (bounty hunters) that have come looking for the escaped slaves. If that is the case, when Shiir points them in the direction the slaves we drove off ran in, they'll probably just leave rather than waste time and resources fighting us.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Frost Indri on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:12 pm

You know... maybe we could offer them some services (like armor repair) in trade for some of their goods? We'll undoubtedly be cheeper than anyone in Chel. Of course, we should keep them out of the keep... no need for them to really understand who we are and what we're doing. Nor see our living space.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby kirio on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:30 pm

If it turns out they're reasonably friendly, that might be a good idea. Although, if any of the repairs they need require a supply of raw metal or scrap we won't be able to be of any help. 8P
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Leader A. Updated: Day 13, Early - New Contacts

Postby Kail'odian on Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Let's see, we've covered these new visitors as possible:

-Slavers
-Mercs
-A defeated unit on the run
-Deserters

(Did I miss anything? ^^; )

Just a question, but does anyone else think that MAYBE they could be from a minor clan, one whiched lives on the outskirts of Chel'el'sussoloth? Hey, it's a possibility. If you look at the symbol they are all wearing, I'd also guess that they were at least a little bit organized, to give credence to that point. I know this theory about these newcomers is unlikely, but with the Nal'sarkoth nearby, who's to say that another lesser-known and smaller clan can't be close either?

Look at the giant Tiktikki ( :D ) and the supplies on it. They might be traveling saleswomen. *wee* Humor aside, they could be traders as much as anything else, and I'm just putting that idea out there. ^^
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre