The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: To be or not to be a House of the Nals, that is the ques

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:59 am

I think we wont get the chance to recover anything else that we left behind from now on... What we have and what the Nals give us (and what we create during the timeskip) are all we will have to start with for PtP2...

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Xalgoz on Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:55 am

Out stuff is mostly junk anyway. Hopefully after a 10 year timeskip we'll start with a modest amount of ada + whatever currency our nearest neighbors use, basic weapons for a decent sized military, and some flexibility on crafting tools. Anything that isn't super specialized we should basically already have and not have to create to justify using.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Idunyken on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Xalgoz wrote:...+ whatever currency our nearest neighbors use...

Mountain - Gold, silver and copper coins
Island - Gold dubloons and peices of eight me hearties!
Valley - Grain and mud
Coast - Fresh Fish and good rope
Fjord - Half-rotted fish and harsh language
Jungle - Gemstones and pointed obsidian on sticks
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby Talancir on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:29 pm

I, for one, am disappointed in the LA update. I voted specifically for Biel's vote because violence can be hilarious. Now, of course.....

So here's the first named suggestion, Tirre'nolt Nal'sarkoth, for your consideration: http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive//20070121c02p068.JPG
PTP / RH - Eldri'caldeyi - former burgoisie (Press my shirt, lowly prole!), Architect of Ama'varde, Relic Hunter of Sohei Thunder.

Main Archive: Lysire'indris Beli'cadrin - Warden of the Twin Eyes "and Belph'aegor is a hottie!"
Talancir
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Dice Warwick on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Talancir wrote:I, for one, am disappointed in the LA update. I voted specifically for Biel's vote because violence can be hilarious. Now, of course.....

So here's the first named suggestion, Tirre'nolt Nal'sarkoth, for your consideration: http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive//20070121c02p068.JPG

thanks, I was wondering who the hell he was, can't find him on the wiki.
Relic Hunter Dal'Len, Leader of the Squad Crossroads.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby James Rye on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:01 pm

That dude with green-blue hair? Uhm, no. Not my choice.^^;
Though it would be interesting if we can suggest her to at least meet with some Nal guy, best a Val ofc.^g^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Meckruco on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:13 pm

treating our Illhress like some prize mare and breeding stock, while i too say the kick, i also so the possibility that many votes would have, forcing our illhress to bend to the will of the clan.

all of you hang your heads in shame. let the woman be with who she wants. let her find a family of her own. she is her own woman.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:21 pm

Meckruco wrote:treating our Illhress like some prize mare and breeding stock, while i too say the kick, i also so the possibility that many votes would have, forcing our illhress to bend to the will of the clan.

all of you hang your heads in shame. let the woman be with who she wants. let her find a family of her own. she is her own woman.

I won´t hang my head in shame since Kern himself gave us that option. If what you said would be true he would have done what An'jhali had done several times before when we asked her to have a date or meet with someone or sleep with someone to get a heir. There she never gave us an option like now, she kicked our *piep*. XD

Also no one treats her like that, everyone just wants her to finally relax and enjoy her time instead of being all busy, depressed and serious. And a date in some Nal park with a nice and charming gentleman may help for that matter.^^

Also we have seen what An'jhali can *do on her own* for the past years. Not much, at least not romantical. That we encourage her to step over her shadow may help her to be more confident or not, we will see. :3
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:35 pm

1. She is a political person in a fuedal system. Marriage was NEVER about being with whom you loved but sealing contracts and strengthening bonds in feudal systems. With Drow, its not marriage so much as baby-making but the facts still stand the same. I saw that option as the best way to cement friendship and bonds with the Nal without having to become a sub-house. I will not be ashamed of asking this of our ilharess.

2. This has nothing to do with love. Its politics. I don't think she's going to be with anyone she doesn't like, but when it comes down to it, we're not asking her to fall in love with the person of our choice, we're asking her to have a baby with a Nal in order to cement bonds.

3. She has right of refusal which is more than most political persons in a feudal system get. I hope she gets many options and finds someone she can enjoy being with. I think asking her to fall in love is too much. We're just asking her to use her body for politics and hopefully enjoy herself.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Re: LA: Epilogue 3, real estate choices

Postby Meckruco on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:34 pm

I spy with my one good eye, someone that looks like Bandai.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Jaibyrd on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:38 pm

*Unfurls the ULTIMATE BADAI FANCLUB Banner once more*

HUZZAH! Find that bad boy so our clan can boast of the cutest couple evar!! *wee*

(I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!)
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Meckruco wrote:I spy with my one good eye, someone that looks like Bandai.

Yeah, but he´s a bit less muscular than Badai. That and the one and only Badai is dead so it wasn´t him but a Nal dude who really looks like him.

Anyone think that we could put in an advise/volunteer work to search for that guy? :3
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Xalgoz on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:05 pm

Please don't. Lets get the actual process of picking a new location completed.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby Jaibyrd on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:09 pm

Agreed with Xalgoz, one thing at a time.

And no, it was never said Badai was dead for sure (that I remember currently). Anji just thinks he's dead - but I bet she never saw the body (#1 rule in killing heroes - make sure you have the body to make sure they're dead!).

But again, one thing at a time. If the story writers mean for Badai to pop back in (and I hope they do), then it will happen in due time I am sure. *smallsmile*
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby AthenAltena on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:12 pm

Xalgoz wrote:Please don't. Lets get the actual process of picking a new location completed.

I agree, looks like we're most of the way there but I don't want us to get derailed, or at least see this week's LA before we start on something new.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre