The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive Day 56

Postby Hetros on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:06 pm

kirio wrote:
Hetros wrote:
Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:Whats this gift membership subscription? I've never heard of it before now...

here ya go. Look at the VERY bottom of the page

The button called, "Make a friend Join you"
http://www.drowtales.com/subscription.php

the actual page where this is mentioned can be found here
http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/a ... 1day51.jpg

edit: considering we have nearly 200 faceless refugees, so that's a nearly unlimited supply of guys from the old city (if we ever GET 200 active members I'll be VERY surprised, happy, but surprised.)

Actually there are currently only 99 truly faceless out of 300 total members (35 have created character descriptions but have yet to get a job --some are on waiting lists). 166 members are either ranked or assistants.

really now o.O I thought we had something like 186 faceless running about. COOL! =D <is surprised yet happy>
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Nasfors on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:14 pm

"GRAAAHHHH! DANIKIN!!!! I cannot debate the Lady! She is my Ill'haress!"

Wow. I cannot imagine how mortified my own character is right now.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:18 pm

At least we now have a clear cut answer what she feels. If she feels she can be strong for the clan then we should trust her even when the situation is dire.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Kir'ima on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:21 pm

More important, and worrying than that is what An'jhali talked about. :S

Why ask her opinion when we then just push her aside? And despite being taught to feel important, and to be strong and not back down when facing challenges, when push comes to shove we hold her back for fear of her getting hurt, and have other clan members function as the 'real' figureheads.

We need to remember that the game is about An'jhali, and that we are all just supporting cast. :S

-----
Also, we may have missed our opportunity to sell steel bars to the traders this time.
The traders came before on Day 52, and said they would be back in 4 days. Well, this current EA and LA are Day 56. *ooo*
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Miburo on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Kir'ima wrote:Also, we may have missed our opportunity to sell steel bars to the traders this time.
The traders came before on Day 52, and said they would be back in 4 days. Well, this current EA and LA are Day 56. *ooo*

I certainly hope not, this was very badly communicated because of the switch in time schedual. The previous page was supposed to be a special event happening alongside of these events, or atleast thats how I understood the news post. Instead we lost an entire day to see the Sharen messenger *hmmm*
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Nasfors on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:26 pm

It is sort of a contradiction, though. The ranked operate using her authority.. so if they are not responsive to her, they are wrong. While I understand what she is saying, some of the most basic logic is flawed. Too bad I didn't really get to debate it with her, or I would have been able to help her out far more.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Mhh I assumed that the traders would appear in the Event archive page this turn otherwise I would have change my suggestion. Too bad that the Traders didn't knew anything I hoped they would be a bit more up-date about Clan politic. Well, it still think it was worth trying.

Maybe the will arrive in the next page and the "stopped by on their way" means that the are on the way to Ther and will arrive in the next page.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Cayen on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:47 pm

no more Shiir and Bel as our figureheads?
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

Postby Thaluka2 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:02 am

Too bad we can't tell An'jhali; "Uhhh the GM plays you, so you're contractually obligated not to actually make any real decisions. Sorries. :( :( :( "

I think from that last panels the traders are going to stand there till next turn and we can sell the steel then. Wonky timescale but it can't be helped.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Lordof??? on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:30 am

Yes we definitely need to ask Anji more about things when it comes to major events.

Perhaps we can get her more involved in diplomacy and structuring the overall look of Ther. Or get her input on what aesthetics she would like to see implemented.

We can always throw something to show our support for her. She seems a little down atm.
Lordof???
Summoner

Postby PenDragon on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:35 am

Thaluka2 wrote:Too bad we can't tell An'jhali; "Uhhh the GM plays you, so you're contractually obligated not to actually make any real decisions. Sorries. :( :( :( "

I don't think An'jhali is asking to make decisions. What she wants is for us to stop coddling her whenever there's a clan crisis by asking her to stay away because it's dangerous. At the moment it seem our overprotectiveness of her is backfiring...

The comment she made about Shiir and Bel being used as the real figureheads of the clan is true. Perhaps An'jhali is telling us that we need to try using her to solve certain problems instead of always relying on the same ranked members each time?
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Re: LA Day 56: Ilhar practices debating, Traders forgotten

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:16 am

I can see that, we need to give our Illharess room to grow as a leader and become stronger or people will always associate the ranked members with the clan and not her. Maybe we should start asking her opinion on some of our ideas first instead of urging or advising her?

Also...Besides going through with the steel trade with the Narsalkoth, what are some other ideas we can implement for next week? What needs getting done? I think the Scouts need to explore the city more and find out the info on the other minor clans we haven't been able to learn from the school or our allied clans.

P.S. if these latest two pages were special event pages, does that mean we should be getting two more normal page updates this weekend?
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Re: LA Day 56: Ilhar practices debating, Traders forgotten

Postby Miburo on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:40 am

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:P.S. if these latest two pages were special event pages, does that mean we should be getting two more normal page updates this weekend?

Bel's Orthobae adventures and the visit from the messenger were the special events, although they both took a full day where nothing else could be achieved *upset* so the pages we got yesterday and before were the normal pages
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:00 am

PenDragon wrote:
Thaluka2 wrote:Too bad we can't tell An'jhali; "Uhhh the GM plays you, so you're contractually obligated not to actually make any real decisions. Sorries. :( :( :( "

I don't think An'jhali is asking to make decisions. What she wants is for us to stop coddling her whenever there's a clan crisis by asking her to stay away because it's dangerous. At the moment it seem our overprotectiveness of her is backfiring...

The comment she made about Shiir and Bel being used as the real figureheads of the clan is true. Perhaps An'jhali is telling us that we need to try using her to solve certain problems instead of always relying on the same ranked members each time?

Whenever we try to have her solve something on her own we get yelled at.

We can't call Shiir and Bel figureheads when our Illhar doesn't actually do anything other than "give us hope".
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby PenDragon on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:18 am

blackshade10 wrote:Whenever we try to have her solve something on her own we get yelled at.

We can't call Shiir and Bel figureheads when our Illhar doesn't actually do anything other than "give us hope".

I said "use her to solve certain problems," not tell her to solve problems for us. The Advise the Leader option can be used for this purpose as long as ranked members take appropriate measures to include An'jhali in their actions.

But during times of crisis more people tend to suggest keeping An'jhali away from danger instead of including her in actions. Any actions An'jhali has done during a challenge were usually independently done rather than suggested. I'm just saying that perhaps we should stop shielding her all the time and involve her in actions during times of crisis.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre