The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Special LA Day 55: Vel'Sharen invite Teikaliath to gathering

Postby blackshade10 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:41 am

Madea wrote:A guild is still a minor clan, it's simply comprised of a specific profession as opposed to specific bloodlines, ergo it's membership requisites are a bit different nor does it have the kind of cohesion that a minor clan has, as keeping together a union of drow is a pretty epic feat.

That's why you'll never see a Great Guild.

But the leader is still called an Ilhar.

Hm. Interesting. I always figured that the leader of a guild just went by some different denomination.

Fun fact! :3
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Pariel on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:04 am

Hmm. I have been thinking on the differences between the TK and the Chellian mana uses.

I honestly believe that once we have training and resources we can attempt to create a new type of focus. The sealing foci. Since foci are designed to have a mana input and then a mana manipulation output, and given how Chellians have made a golem armor to react and seal seeds, combination of the two (if we're allowed to) could yield us a demon trap, usable by just pouring mana onto it. (Ghostbusters!)
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:06 am

If the leader of the Guild of Flowers really is tainted...Does that mean she's a summoner? Or is it more likely that she was caught in the middle of an interclan conflict and was tainted in the crossfire? Regardless, this would make her a target for the Kyorl purge squads right? For someone who's tainted she seemed rather wary of the Vloz'ress...
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Pariel on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:10 am

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:If the leader of the Guild of Flowers really is tainted...Does that mean she's a summoner? Or is it more likely that she was caught in the middle of an interclan conflict and was tainted in the crossfire? Regardless, this would make her a target for the Kyorl purge squads right? For someone who's tainted she seemed rather wary of the Vloz'ress...

Most likely the second. I think one can make more money being a summoner (as respectable as prostitution is in Chel) than by leading the guild of flowers.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Miburo on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:43 am

I'm back from my excavatiosn in the main archive and I bring you:
The words of the colorist herself

She's not tainted
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby blackshade10 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 am

Miburo wrote:I'm back from my excavatiosn in the main archive and I bring you:

She's not tainted

And Madea asked Kern, the author, and he said otherwise.

I think he got ya beat there. :V
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Miburo on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:21 am

*groan* it took me waay to long to find the right page/topic with the archive being so slow, I quit 8P
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby blackshade10 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:24 am

Miburo wrote:*groan* it took me waay to long to find the right page/topic with the archive being so slow, I quit 8P

Dah... It's OK! -hug- *heehee*
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:59 pm

This reminds me of that situation we had concerning whether or not that Vloz'ress teacher at Orthorbae was tainted or simply orange eyed (me thinks he turned out to be tainted, but can't remember). So which is it? The colorist says she's not tainted but Kern says she is...I'd put my faith in either of them to be honest (and there are so many characters in drowtales, big and small, major and minor, that I'm sure its easy to get confused as to who's what)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Robert_Frazer on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:15 pm

This reminds me of that situation we had concerning whether or not that Vloz'ress teacher at Orthorbae was tainted or simply orange eyed (me thinks he turned out to be tainted, but can't remember). So which is it?

He's tainted - I should know, I wrote his Athenaeum article! :)

[LINK]

Good grief, that was years ago now... *eek*

Anyway, in Maliir'kha's case his eyes appeared orange due to a trick of the light (an in-universe way of explaining away a colorist's error) - that was what was handed down to me in the article composition thread here. If the Flower Ilhar's eyes appear off-colour (and they still look red to me...), that's the official explanation for the discrepancy.

As to who has the greater authority: Kern is the writer, project manager and director - I think everyone can agree that he has the final say on the canon. If he says a character's tainted, then she's tainted.
A clerk thought that Curzon's memorandum was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he wrote faintly in the margin "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Robert_Frazer
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Thaluka2 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:19 pm

She probably got caught up in a battle between other people, and inadvertently tainted, instead of being a summoner.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Hetros on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:42 pm

Miburo wrote:I'm back from my excavatiosn in the main archive and I bring you:

She's not tainted

Madea wrote:Just as a note; the flower Ilhar (Najwa) is tainted. Verified with Kern back when the page popped up, as I adore her greatly.

Writer trumps Colorist, just a miscommunication, easily explained away by CONTACT LENSES (which were proven to exist in the previous challenges game :3).

Anyway, That sounds like a cool idea Pariel :3 we really DO need to get a concensus on how foci work -.-; so we're not blundering around in the dark.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Finish on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:29 pm

Thaluka2 wrote:She probably got caught up in a battle between other people, and inadvertently tainted, instead of being a summoner.

Or she decided from some other reason to Tainte herself. Perhaps the beomce "stronger" (Ver'Drowendar propaganda) or because she witnessed what happens to people wo become demons and decided to Tainted herself to prevent her from that faith. Not everybody is a victime.
Well in the end it doesn't matters, but it shows us that even the leader of a minor Clan is at least partcially safe from being killed by fanatic Kyorl.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:13 am

Or she decided from some other reason to Tainte herself. Perhaps the beomce "stronger" (Ver'Drowendar propaganda) or because she witnessed what happens to people wo become demons and decided to Tainted herself to prevent her from that faith. Not everybody is a victime.
Well in the end it doesn't matters, but it shows us that even the leader of a minor Clan is at least partcially safe from being killed by fanatic Kyorl.

I doubt the Kyorls would cut her any slack if she wandered into their territory, but you're probably right that as the leader of an important business guild in Chel she's probably a less desirable target than the Vloz'ress or Sharen (who taint ALL of their members and who are prone to be violent). Najwa is probably considered too "small time" to be considered a major threat to the "Purity of the children of Sharess" (i.e. other than being tainted she's completely harmless). Though its just as likely that the Kyorls are afraid to target someone like her because attacking a legitimate, respectable businesswoman would likely cast their already bad reputation to all new lows (gotta remember most other clans are wary of the greyskins). Plus...She herself questioned whether the Vloz'ress would behave themselves during the festival (probably earns her some brownie points there, making it clear she's not in league with them)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Idunyken on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:27 pm

New update!

Builders rock at kirisu charming. Idi in particular. Yep. See him doing that earth magics stuff? Pretty awesome eh? No need to applaud, thankyou, he's just doing his job XD 8P

Miners found more ore *boogie* this is excellent news!

Engineers testing their Tik Bows...can anyone identify the person on the picture? o_O

It's official. Kendra is a massive drama queen. The bastard is completely fine *hmmm*

Scouts can buy a map of the cavern, seems quite expensive but it might be worth it. Wtf is brorn doing tho :@
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre