The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive Day 54

Postby kirio on Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Faen went through our cavern while we were kicking runaway slaves out of the ruins. ;)

My bet is that if Mel does pass through. That will be ALL that happens --she'll just pass through. It'll be no more than a little icing on the cake for subscribers for them to have 'met' Mel.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Meckruco on Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:15 pm

kirio wrote:Faen went through our cavern while we were kicking runaway slaves out of the ruins. ;)

My bet is that if Mel does pass through. That will be ALL that happens --she'll just pass through. It'll be no more than a little icing on the cake for subscribers for them to have 'met' Mel.

i agree. they would just pass though.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Katharos Ombre on Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:51 pm

We could get curious about the cute giant spider following her around. Then chat with her as she learns about us like a tourist. She did get out of prison to get updated on the situation of Chel and we kind of became a recent part of it.

Also, it wouldn't be much of a story breaker, Kern doesn't need to show everything his characters do in their lives. We could just happen to be an unmentionned "interesting place" in Mel's exploration.

Besides we have delicious seafood for cheap, she would surely enjoy a tasty snack for once.
vagabondage... nothing interesting yet.

Ombr'eh Totolo Tei'kaliath on Path to Power 1-2-3
Katharos Ombre
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Thaluka2 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:23 pm

Even if we voted "kill Mel" or "capture Mel", (which people wouldn't vote for ever anyway) we'd fail, so it wouldn't effect the story. But it might give us a nasty enemy in the future. Just like if we helped Mel a bit, giving her food or something, there's nothing that would hurt canon if she came back to Chel later and stopped and gave us a gift. Would be a nice tie-in with the main story without any real complications that I can see.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Thaluka2 wrote:Even if we voted "kill Mel" or "capture Mel", (which people wouldn't vote for ever anyway) we'd fail, so it wouldn't effect the story. But it might give us a nasty enemy in the future. Just like if we helped Mel a bit, giving her food or something, there's nothing that would hurt canon if she came back to Chel later and stopped and gave us a gift. Would be a nice tie-in with the main story without any real complications that I can see.

Except the unexpected. There are so many people in this Clan and some may think it's a good idea. During every encounter people suggested peaceful and hostily solutions (Slaves, slavers, traders...).
Sure we would fail even if we would have to perfect plan. But then Kern has to think about a explanation why our perfect plan failed or he has to just his power a GM and tell us "No way!" not very satisfying. It's better to avoid a lot of stress and don't let us meet Mel.
Also it may not be a good idea to help Mel if a few days later a angry Quain with a bunch of Sarghress knocking at our front gate.

And let us assume we wouldn't know anything about Mel, Quain or the Sarghress - just like or characers do - and two womans and a spider comes through our mine and ask for help because they fleed from the big fortress would we help them? I guess most people would say: "Don't help them. This would cause trouble with a Clan we can't handle." or "Capture the prisoner and bring her back. This will help us to make contact with a Great Clan."

But I must admit it would be pretty cool if we meet Mel. :D

kirio wrote:Faen went through our cavern while we were kicking runaway slaves out of the ruins. ;)

Faen went through our cavern and we didn't noticed it because we were to far away and couldn't investigate. If Mel makes her way through our mine the miners will notice her. Out game they could stay cool because they know it's Mel. In game there suddenly appear a strange woman with a creepy gigant spider and another armed and dangerous looking woman. In-game our miners would most likly assume the people of the big fortress found our entrance... or someone worser. :D
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Cayen on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:51 am

I can't find references to Faen going through our Cavern, when did this happen?
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

Postby Meckruco on Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:48 pm

Kern made mention of it on one of the fourm threads before.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Cayen wrote:I can't find references to Faen going through our Cavern, when did this happen?

Kern said it here in reference to this page. ;)

These are the Path to Power pages that were up at the time.

LA update!
Happy News!!
Wow! That went a lot better than I expected. I hope the War Master is willing to take up the Nal'Sarkoth ambassador on her generous offer. I think we have a lot more to gain from the opportunity of sending a squad or two out on expeditions with the Val'Nal'Sarkoth than they would get from us from having a few additional troops. ;)
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: LA Updated: Warriors freed, peaceful resolution

Postby thatguyvex on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Was thinking that since there aren't many (serious ^^; ) suggestions thus far that it might be okay to put up one to suggest that "Let's contact the Nal'Sarkoth and inquire about the cavern across the river" as a means of checking to confirm if it really is their cavern or not, or if it isn't, if they know anything about who owns the fortress that was spotted there. Figure this is a safer method of finding out than actually sending scouts in. Thoughts?

Also, since the thread came up about doing things to boost An'jhali's confidence and encourage her to resume training in things that interest her, do you guys think this week would be good to start getting the ball rolling on that, or should we wait until next week and give her some breathing room from the recent events?
There is a fine line between awesome and ridiculous. Badai uses that line to floss his teeth.

Kazdrin's Random Link: Bizzare. Amusing. Ruby Quest.
thatguyvex
Vel'akar

Postby Catriana on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:21 pm

I think this week would be a good week to try and bolster her spirits up a bit. It seems like she needs it, poor chickie.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kir'ima on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:50 am

thatguyvex wrote:Was thinking that since there aren't many (serious ^^; ) suggestions thus far that it might be okay to put up one to suggest that "Let's contact the Nal'Sarkoth and inquire about the cavern across the river" as a means of checking to confirm if it really is their cavern or not, or if it isn't, if they know anything about who owns the fortress that was spotted there. Figure this is a safer method of finding out than actually sending scouts in. Thoughts?

Please do not do that yet.

The cavern is almost certainly the Nal'sarkoth's, or related to them. We currently have guaranteed access due to the fact that only we know about that river passage, or they are not aware that we know about it. This type of access is very valuable, and may be of great future importance (yes, I have already thought about this). If we ask the Nal about it, that will either alert them to its presence, or let them know that we know about it, and no matter how friendly we think they are, there is no guarantee that they will leave a secret backdoor entrance like that open.

So again, please do not do anything that might jeopardize our access to that cavern just yet. ^^;
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Thaluka2 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:39 am

I doubt it leads under their main fortress wall or anything, or they'd have a grate on it. Still, a nice little trick to hit them from behind if ever in the future they send an attack force at Thera.
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby dialacton21 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:59 am

lolz you want to attack the Nal :A :D

I didn't know you had iit in you Thaluka. :)
Dialacton21. Also known as Durruti the Red Handed.

The Past is Practice, the Present is Experience, and the Future is Awesome.
Clan: Telkiath, Role: Miner (with a capital M)
dialacton21
Summoner

Postby Thaluka2 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:39 am

*points at Kirima* His idea~
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Kir'ima on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:42 am

*Thaluka FAILS!*

I never said 'attack' - lol.
I just said I had given thought to possible uses for that passage.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre