The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: LA Day 53: Interesting Duel & NalSarkoth propose alternative

Postby Wan'drille on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:20 am

Here the Siskasanti are warriors.
It may appear weird that they haven't good healing system but it remains a possibility.
Us Tei'Kaliath are warriors too (the position with the more people, the moe equipement, etc...) but we remain very polyvalent, yet according us to approach an autarcy-like system.

I don't think we can compete them in a direct fight (as proved the duel), but we can eventually make them rely on us, thus taking an advantageous position.

My opinion upon te Nal'Sarkhos is mitigate. It's a good point to have them as allies, or to use their support in our quarrel with the Siskasanti, but they remain another clan.
We seem too little for now for tem to use us. But as we grow stronger they could be tempted to make us repay what we had from them...
Lae'xylian - Leader of the 3rd squad
Wan'drille
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby kirio on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 pm

The best way to protect ourselves from being dominated by a Val clan is to cultivate relations with as many who are willing to interact with us as we can. Knowing (IC) which Val clans the Val'Nal'Sarkoth are friendly with (or at least not hostile toward) would be a big help. The Val'Illhar'dro are a good prospect and the Val'Sulissin'rune might be as well.

OTOH, avoiding the Vel'Vlozress & Val'Kyorl'Solenurn strikes me as obvious. I don't think we want to stick our hand in that blender, likewise with the Vel'Sharen & Val'Sarghress.

The Val'Beldrobbaen and the Val'Jaal'darya are borderline. Both of those clans hold everyone else at a distance and aren't likely to be very interested in relations with a small clan like ours.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thaluka2 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:19 pm

I think the Kyorls would not be a bad ally, especially if we make a commitment to not get involved with demon summoning and tainted. They could teach use sealing techniques and the like, which would help us mitigate our greatest present weakness, which is absolute vulnerability to summoning and specifically demonic summoning.

Bel are so insular and traditional I think we'd need to live in Chel for 5 more centuries to even relate with them. Jaal are....weird, but that doesn't mean we can't have an economic relationship with them at some point.

Sharen and Sarghress I don't think we should take sides in that mess. With the Kyorls and Vloz though I think it's safe to side with the Kyorls. Vloz don't have enough people, time or resources go around harassing everyone who treats them like nutjobs (which is pretty much everyone, even most Sharen).
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:31 pm

We'll we don't know how things will turn out in the end. Maybe a decision we made earlier in the game will open one door and close another.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Event Archive Day 54

Postby kirio on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:49 am

o_O
The camera angle in the last panel of the Event Archive Day 54 update looks a lot like this. Considering that Ther'avare was a ruin until very recently and there is a path through it that leads to the surface, it is very possible that Mel'arnach Val'Sarghress would try to use the passage through our mine to escape. Is it possible we will be getting a surprise visit while An'jhali is at the clans' gathering?
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thaluka2 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:00 am

Yeah that's clearly the same view. Our tunnel leads out into the outer Sarghress cavern. Nothing amazing, we're pretty far removed from the sensitive areas of their fortress, so they wouldn't bother us about having access that far out. That's why they haven't sealed it or posted guards or anything.

And it would be super freaking awesome to have Mel, Zhor, and Lu interact with us in the future. We're still a ways off though, since the Gathering hasn't even happened yet.
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Exate on Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:48 am

Thaluka2 wrote:And it would be super freaking awesome to have Mel, Zhor, and Lu interact with us in the future. We're still a ways off though, since the Gathering hasn't even happened yet.
Personally, I subscribe to the philosophy that encountering main story characters can only lead to misery, since they all have plot shields until an appropriately planned-out death moment and might have some of us die around them in the name of character development.
Exate
Demon

Postby Thaluka2 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:56 am

Unlikely, it would just be a cameo and we wouldn't be able to do anything to mess up their storyline. "Oh wow it's Mel!" and then move on.
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Exate on Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:21 am

Thaluka2 wrote:Unlikely, it would just be a cameo and we wouldn't be able to do anything to mess up their storyline. "Oh wow it's Mel!" and then move on.
Unlikely, yes. Highly unlikely, even. Nevertheless, life as a minor character is ruthless and unforgiving; there is no reason to tempt fate.

Well, okay, being able to say "Squee! Look at [whatever]! So happy!" is a reason, but not one that generally drives me to much action.
Exate
Demon

Postby Kir'ima on Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:46 am

The Sarghress exit of the mine is so narrow that only one person can squeeze through at a time, so it is probably not the exit marked on the Chel cavern map (lower right of the Sarghress cavern (1)). I believe those marked exits are more like main exits that caravans and other larger groups use to access the surface, and I look at that mine exit more as a relatively unknown/unused or secret entrance between our two caverns. It would indeed be interesting if Mel, Zhor and Lu came through it, but like Exate says, I think we want to keep as much distance between us and any of those MA events (and the Val clans involved) as possible for the time being. ^^;
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Cayen on Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:02 am

well at least we know about it. That exit could come in handy in the future. However is it a liability for us at this point? I mean it's a back door right into our bread and butter.
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

Postby Thaluka2 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:26 am

Bit of one, but at this point 90-95% of the clans in Chel can walk in through the front gate with a week's advanced notice and still kick our teeth in. I guess bandits or something could come through the tunnel and cause trouble, but I don't see that being a good enough reason to close it off.
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:46 pm

If Mel, Lu and Zhor will escaped through our side entrance this could give us a lot of headaches. Maybe soon afterward, if the Sarghress are on the hunt for Mel, they will discover that side entrance.

Well I guess Kern will not send Mel through our mine - as much as I would like to see the reaction of the miners - because there will be a few ways to break to plot through our votes. Some people could put up a option to "Kill her" (because they hate Mel), "Help her" (Because they like Mel) or "Caputere her and send her back to the Sarghress" (Because they want to improve the relations with the Sarghress). All this action could destroy the Main story of DT.

If P2P isn't canon I don't think that's a problem. But if it's canon Kern will probably avoid it send Mel through our cavern. Especially since we working in the mine and she just can't sneak through - not with a bis Spider.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Sun'Alver on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:32 pm

If PTP is cannon, straight up I also would have to saw that Kern would probably not place Mel going through our Cavern . . . although that would be nine kinds of AWESOME. XD

But when I think about it, I have a suspicion that it might happen, but chances are it will be just in a rather humorous EA for the miners in which we have Mel and Company walking past a bunch of very confused miners. (( I would love to see Mel's reaction if we were playing Jenga extreme at the moment }:3 ))

But another reason I think it might happen is that it will be one of the 'challenges' our clan has to face. Even if we can't actively influence what Mel does, chances our we're going to have a bunch of Sharghress knocking on our door looking of Mel. If they manage to find the passage, I would even stretch to say the might be openly hostile to us somehow believing we actively aided Mel in her escape and our 'challange' would be either trying to pacify them or face conflict with the Sharghress. *omfg*
Sun'Alver Al'Dun Tei'Kaliath~ Master of the Gong, King of Nyoro~n :3c, and The Infamous Prince of the Al'Dun
Sun'Alver
Summoner

Postby AthenAltena on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Besides a little background gag of Mel and company running past I don't think she'll interact with us, just because it would be too much of a story breaker.

Let's just hope we don't get wrapped up in the Sarghress conflict, we have enough trouble as it is. *hmmm*

As it is, I doubt we could take down Mel anyway. She'd probably kick our collective asses.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre