The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive Day 54

Postby Finish on Sun May 31, 2009 10:57 am

Pariel wrote:We're not going to negotiate with em, finish, just tell our hostages to be released at once. NOT THE SLIGHTLEST APOLOGY. And if the release of the hostages means being the shiksa's bitch, it's not acceptable. I prefer it that way and I trust the clan will do the same if Brorn is caught. Heck, they knew the risks of the job when they took it, including the Ambassadrice.

We don't negotiate with them? Well somehow I have the feeling that's what we trying to do be involving the Nal. I'm sure the Nal don't smash there fist on the Siksa table and scream: "Relase the hostages!"
So we MUST negotiate.

And I don't see how we could become the Siksa's bitch by saying sorry - especially if we don't mean it! If they demand money, a favour or other things - then I we would be there bitch and this is something I would reject.
Last edited by Finish on Sun May 31, 2009 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Tohya on Sun May 31, 2009 10:59 am

I'm opposed to an apology without knowing what it is we are apologizing for.

We know that the Siskasanti follow the queens law.

A war must not harm Chel'el'sussoloth population and structure in any way.
The combatant must be Val or permanent member of the clan, no commoners to be involved directly in the battles.
The battle should take place outside of the populated areas, as to not cause ant involuntary damage.

We also know that the Svartelos staged the altercation with the Vei visa.

So what if...

The Siskasanti, who were in negotiations to provide protection, heard rumors that the Svartelos were trying something concerning the Vei Visa and sent those two to watch.

We arrive to a scene of chaos in which the person we were hired to protect is under attack. Presumably by enemies, but this was instead just a ploy to try and force just such a reaction from the Vei Visa. So that we would have no choice but to attack them to try and complete the mission we agreed to.

The girl, being a hot head, wants to shoot upon seeing us engaging the merchants/commoners. Her father had her hold fire, the reason for his arm being in the position it was, and they continue watching unaware that they had been spotted. Once we shoot at them, he gives her permission to fire, she opens fire on one of the squads fighting with the merchants.

Then when Shiir yells "They fell for the decoy". She is told by her father to target Shiir. Presumably because he reached the conclusion that we had planned this whole thing, which is what Shiir was trying for, but is not what happened. We were hired to protect the double and try locate enemies if attacked, this wouldn't be a great affront to the queens law. The merchants attacked first after all.

But the Siskasanti do not know this, instead they know what they saw at the battle. In which it might appear, due to Shiir comments, as though we had planned the whole thing just to eliminate the Vei Visa. In which case they would have a reason to believe that the queens law was broken. To which one can add the injury/death of one of their members. Leading to one pissed off clan.

The above is just to point out that we really do not know what reasons the Siskasanti have for being mad at us.

And without just cause, I am unwilling to apologize to them.
Last edited by Tohya on Sun May 31, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Pariel on Sun May 31, 2009 11:06 am

We're involving the nal to have a witness should they try to destroy all the evidence of the whole issue. Because you know, they might feel tempted to exterminate the headache. That's what the involvement of the Nal was for, coupling with Shiir's march.

We MUST negotiate? Nope. They've made a DIRECT THREAT to us. TO KILL unless we MEET whatever crazy ideas they threw at Anjhi. Do you call that a NEGOTIATION basis?.

That's not negotiation, nor there is a negotiation whatsoever, that's trying to force our hand into yielding. And that's what we won't do. Negotiating is "Ok we do this so release them" But that won't cut it. At all. Furthermore, we need to settle this in a way we do not show weakness.

Negotiating is giving in to their intimidation. That way clans will know they can smack TK upside down to give them stuff, and people will start doing the same to benefit from us. I can see that.

Did you ever attempted to negotiate with School Bullies? Do you do that?- No. You just call for help and denounce their foul play, until they stop doing that, provided you can't beat the crap out of them when defending yourself. But you must show some face first.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Idunyken on Sun May 31, 2009 11:21 am

I negotiated with a bully once. He's a good friend now XD

Who's to say the Nal are going to automatically side with us? We caused more direct damage than them. Regardless of the reasons.

Lets see what happens in the LA before going further with this line of discussion.
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thaluka2 on Sun May 31, 2009 3:25 pm

We're not asking the Nal to side with us about the incident with the VV, only to step in and enforce the idea that kidnapping ambassadors is stupid, unproductive, and unbecoming of a supposedly "noble" clan like the Siksasanti. If they're still mad at us after this (which I am fairly certain given Kendra's disposition in the main comic) I really don't care. We'll just avoid them and/or fight them if we have to.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Novusod on Sun May 31, 2009 8:50 pm

New update is in and Shiir lost his duel. Luckly it had nothing to do with the hostages.

Also it seems an apology option already went through without a vote. Now we just have to accept the compromise of the healers and hope it settles some bad blood here.

After we get our ambassador back I really think we should learn more about the clans and their symbols before we jump into anymore Chel based actions.
"A pessimists looks at the wind and complains. An optimist looks at the wind and believes the wind will change. A leader looks at the wind and trims the sails."
Novusod
Demon

Postby Meckruco on Sun May 31, 2009 8:55 pm

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby benuminister on Sun May 31, 2009 8:56 pm

Shiir did not exactly lose the duel because it was never concluded but, he did not look to be in good shape.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Sun May 31, 2009 9:02 pm

Good work. Shiir was able to keep the girl alive like some people demand. :D

Luckily Shiir survived. Well without mana and without a armor I nearly expected that it end this way.
We'll An'Jhali said that she's sorry and it seems we lost the battle and some pride. But that's nothing we can't fix. And we learned that the Siksa are very unforgiveable. So let our healers take a look at the wounded and then we hopefuly get our hostages back and this worst incident is over once and for all. Hopefuly there fortress get's eaten by a glutton. :D
Finish
Merc on vacation

Postby Robert_Frazer on Sun May 31, 2009 9:10 pm

With reference to the creation of a Merchant rank, supporters have been "directed to Katralya's attention".

What does this mean, exactly? Is it like Jethel's option being sent to Kirima, meaning that the option simply wasn't heard or acted on? Is it a statement that trade is exclusively Katralya's domain? Or is the option just being held in abeyance to be brought up when Anjhali gets back to Ther'avare next week? A bit of clarity would be welcome, just so we're square with the situation.
A clerk thought that Curzon's memorandum was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he wrote faintly in the margin "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Robert_Frazer
Demon

Postby Meckruco on Sun May 31, 2009 9:14 pm

Robert_Frazer wrote:With reference to the creation of a Merchant rank, supporters have been "directed to Katralya's attention".

What does this mean, exactly? Is it like Jethel's option being sent to Kit'ima, meaning that the option simply wasn't heard or acted on? Is it a statement that trade is exclusively Katralya's domain? Or is the option just being held in abeyance to be brought up when Anjhali gets back to Ther'avare next week? A bit of clarity would be welcome, just so we're square with the situation.

i beleive it is as i said in posts and on the shoutbox before. Merchent is within the supply master's domain. so i think she would have to pick one of her havesters to be a "merchent" for the clan. it would be a subrank within her rank.

but i might be wrong on this. this is just how i feel aboot this.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Tohya on Sun May 31, 2009 10:25 pm

Robert_Frazer wrote:With reference to the creation of a Merchant rank, supporters have been "directed to Katralya's attention".

What does this mean, exactly? Is it like Jethel's option being sent to Kirima, meaning that the option simply wasn't heard or acted on? Is it a statement that trade is exclusively Katralya's domain? Or is the option just being held in abeyance to be brought up when Anjhali gets back to Ther'avare next week? A bit of clarity would be welcome, just so we're square with the situation.

Probably, the request was denied, and any merchant like activities should go though the Supplymaster for now.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Re: LA Day 53: Interesting Duel & NalSarkoth propose alternative

Postby Cayen on Sun May 31, 2009 10:32 pm

well we haven't had the stuff hit the fan yet. Wait until we get to the point in our archives when the demons invade Sargress home. Remember we have a back door that leads straight to that clan.
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Sun May 31, 2009 10:35 pm

Cayen wrote:well we haven't had the stuff hit the fan yet. Wait until we get to the point in our archives when the demons invade Sargress home. Remember we have a back door that leads straight to that clan.

Not our probelm. Unless Mel and Zhor stumbles into our cavern. :D
Finish
Merc on vacation

Postby Tohya on Sun May 31, 2009 11:31 pm

An apology for shooting their observers, is acceptable. And its good to see that the Vei Visa had little to do with their anger towards us.

The Siskasanti appear to value actions over words. (perhaps they have had too much contact with the Svartelos. :p) So there would of been little that Bel could of said to avert what happened.

Cerise is Kendra's daughter, which makes her father Kendra's mate and second in command of the Siskasanti. It's surprising that he would still be in need of medical attention though. Unless they happen to be in debt, or his wounds are particularly bad.
Tohya
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre