The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: LA, Day 53: It comes down to a duel

Postby Finish on Tue May 26, 2009 8:50 am

What else can we do beside trying if the others don't want to talk with us? We wanted to make peace with the Siksa. They decided to act hostile. We reacted non-hostile and try to make the listen to us. Some of us walked through the Siksa fortress and demanded answers - without weapons and armors - others supported the idea of brining in a Val Clan. Non of this options sounds like violence. And I guess despite our common hate against the Siksa most of us could live on without starting a war with the Siksa and eliminate the whole Clan as long as they leave us alone.

If we have get our hostages back without a duel wouldn't that be a succees for the non-violent conflict solutions? :) It may even the safer and more easy solution.

However I wouldn't reject a duel to ge our hostages back but only if the enemy would be no match for Shiir. Neither would I dislike it if Shiir beat the crapp out of her. :D However if we kill her and she's Keidra's daugther they probably declare a war on us. And I'm not so optimistic to assume Shiir will be able to let her live - maybe she's so strong that we can be glad if Shiir is able to kill her to stay alive.

I just hope will have more luck with the next Clan we want to make an agreement. *looking at the Kal'Yantra fortress* ;)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby PenDragon on Tue May 26, 2009 9:34 am

If we get our hostages back without involving the duel then yes, we succeeded in a non-violent solution. And I certainly hope that will be the case just so we can prove that the Tei'kaliath can handle our business in more ways than just fighting.

It's obvious that Shiir is going to fight in that duel regardless of the conditions or stakes involved. I just hope that we can succeed in keeping the duel as a separate issue from negotiations. I'll still consider it a political victory on our part if we can get our people back without the duel playing a role in it.

It's safe to say that the Siksa will remain an enemy and I think that's fine. We can kill 'em all later on if we want to. But we'll have to actually succeed in political solutions eventually rather than just try, and what better time to start than right now?
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Idunyken on Tue May 26, 2009 2:38 pm

Things that spring to my mind:

1) Let the Nal'sarkoth Ambassador take the lead on the diplomatic process. She is the more experienced negotiator and may even know Kendra personally from other diplomatic missions. Her presence should encourage Kendra to be cool and careful in any case as she would not want to bring down the negative attention of a Val clan upon herself. Likewise, if we are asked to apologise to Kendra by the Nals then, dangit, we apologize...it's embarrasing but we called them into this to be a neutral voice of authority, we can't really reject their 'advice'. At least by going to them we have cut the risks and brought down the political gains for the sikas.

2) Madea's call how to handle the duel. Rather Cerise is not killed tho, if that outcome is at all possible. It may be private but it's still another sore loss for the Sika's if she dies and will have consequences sooner or later.
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Finish on Tue May 26, 2009 5:00 pm

PenDragon wrote:It's safe to say that the Siksa will remain an enemy and I think that's fine. We can kill 'em all later on if we want to.

Or they can kill us all later on if they want? It's hard to establish a buisness in Chel if there are some people who trying to kill our nurses/scouts/other Clan member look for a job. ;)
A enemy that still would try to attack and or capture or people and disturb our actions is something I don't need.

But if you mean a enemy that shoot us if we come to close to there fortress, tell bad things about us but leave us alone... well that's a enemy I could live with.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Postby Novusod on Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 pm

New update is in and we learn some specifics about the mysterious Queen's Law. War between Clans must not harm Chel's population and structure. It seems mercenaries are seen as pure criminals under the Queen's Law. Unfortunately no new information about how to solve the hostage crisis. But With this new information I will definitely be supporting some type of Apology vote in the next LA.
"A pessimists looks at the wind and complains. An optimist looks at the wind and believes the wind will change. A leader looks at the wind and trims the sails."
Novusod
Demon

Postby Idunyken on Fri May 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Uncomfortable lines of diplomatic discussion ahead to be sure *hmmm*

Warmaster looking relaxed and ready...Ys'sa enjoying her job, much to Oru's discomfort :D

And Ar'lien's expression in the last panel made me lol *lol*
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby Cayen on Fri May 29, 2009 9:46 pm

in an odd turn we didn't violate the terms of the queen's law. They are there for clans to avoid causing extra damage. In this case it was the commoners who rose against the clan leader.
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

Postby Novusod on Fri May 29, 2009 10:32 pm

Cayen wrote:In this case it was the commoners who rose against the clan leader.

That may protect that Svart'elos from any wrong doing but since we were acting as mercenaries we broke the Queen's Law. Not sure how the Siska get a way with playing the mercenary card by jumping into wars that don't involve them but something is not quite right.
"A pessimists looks at the wind and complains. An optimist looks at the wind and believes the wind will change. A leader looks at the wind and trims the sails."
Novusod
Demon

Postby Idunyken on Fri May 29, 2009 10:48 pm

Well we've debated to death how the VV situ can be interpreted. In the end tho the peace of chel's streets* has been broken and the Nalsarkoth won't want to see it escalate. They'll do what it takes to bring a truce between us and the Sikas and if they think an apology from us will cool Kendra off then they'll request it. Hopefully we shall see in the LA.

*I know I let out a 'HA!' too when I typed that...
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Postby Cayen on Sat May 30, 2009 12:23 am

actually by technicality we didn't achieve clan status till after the svarts recognized us. So at that particular point it would of been well armed commoners vs commoners
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

Postby Thaluka2 on Sat May 30, 2009 1:04 am

I think the Queen's Law is rubbish. The Sharen, the Queen's own clan, routinely violate it. Sure that's somewhat meta-knowledge-y but it's pretty clear that we're suckers if we slavishly try to follow any such outdated laws. Let's try as a general rule not to destroy infrastructure or mess up civilians, but there's no use in worrying about what we've already done out of unfortunate necessity. If the Sharen or someone else who could wipe the floor with us ask for an apology (notice that the NS did not and did not seem overly critical of our actions despite being general peacemongers), we can give it. Not for worthless dogs like the Siksanti.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Meckruco on Sat May 30, 2009 2:28 am

Novusod wrote:New update is in and we learn some specifics about the mysterious Queen's Law. War between Clans must not harm Chel's population and structure. It seems mercenaries are seen as pure criminals under the Queen's Law. Unfortunately no new information about how to solve the hostage crisis. But With this new information I will definitely be supporting some type of Apology vote in the next LA.

apology my ***...

we did nothing wrong that i can see. if we get on our bellies and grovel we will apper weak and i refuse to do that.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Re: Event Archive Day 54

Postby blackshade10 on Sat May 30, 2009 8:47 am

The Shiir screen made me laugh. XD

And I want to appear as a Mighty Death Warrior along with the other tech's! :@

Now then, we know the Queen's law. That's useful!
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Finish on Sat May 30, 2009 10:04 am

Thaluka2 wrote:I think the Queen's Law is rubbish. The Sharen, the Queen's own clan, routinely violate it. Sure that's somewhat meta-knowledge-y but it's pretty clear that we're suckers if we slavishly try to follow any such outdated laws. Let's try as a general rule not to destroy infrastructure or mess up civilians, but there's no use in worrying about what we've already done out of unfortunate necessity. If the Sharen or someone else who could wipe the floor with us ask for an apology (notice that the NS did not and did not seem overly critical of our actions despite being general peacemongers), we can give it. Not for worthless dogs like the Siksanti.

You mean because of the Nether gates? Well the first one we saw was opend by Vy'chriel without permission and as a result she got slapped by her "mother" and was sent on a succide mission. And the nether gate from demon painter? Well that was just a Sharen who overacted - nothing official and probably nobody in the Clan knows about it.
Sure Clans broke the Queens law but not routinely - otherwise live I Chel would be a lot much worser. But I agree that we should follow the Queen's law slavishly, we should try to respect it and don't break it (there probably some Val'Clans who still respect it) but if we have to break it we shouldn't worry about it - unless some Val Clan could get annoyed.

Oh and the worthless dogs have some hostages and if a apologies is the easiest way to get them out then we should do so. If the Nal around the Siksa probably can't back up and have to relase our hostages afterward. Well maybe the Nal come up with some other good points that will help us to relase our hostages without a apologies.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Re: Event Archive Day 54

Postby Meckruco on Sat May 30, 2009 12:49 pm

im sorry that we were defending ourselves after geting shot. im also sorry that we killed your warrior. if they did not shoot at us they would both have been unhurt.

i am not gonna apoagize for defending myself. that is the simple, brash, hard truth.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre