The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Event Archive Updated: Day 50

Postby Lt Anders on Sun May 10, 2009 7:00 pm

Wonderful.
Bel is in trouble
Healers now have first shot at Ortho. That means 110 must be left aside for it.(that's darned right stupid, but it was a close vote, meh, no need to cry now)
Also, What to do, poor crossbow lady is really really pissed.

In regards to Bel, Since they are an "Honorable", telling them they are killing an ambassador would be a slur in their reputation.(But, this relies on Meta knowledge)
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Frost Indri on Sun May 10, 2009 7:05 pm

I for one, am ok with setting the money aside. :)

Bel, good luck!
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Idunyken on Sun May 10, 2009 7:10 pm

Although I am genuinely worried for Bel and the warriors now...I have to say that Tali looks great in the warmaster (warmistress?) armour :3
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby blackshade10 on Sun May 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Lt Anders wrote:Wonderful.
Bel is in trouble
Healers now have first shot at Ortho. That means 110 must be left aside for it.(that's darned right stupid, but it was a close vote, meh, no need to cry now)
Also, What to do, poor crossbow lady is really really pissed.

In regards to Bel, Since they are an "Honorable", telling them they are killing an ambassador would be a slur in their reputation.(But, this relies on Meta knowledge)

They may very well be bluffing, or perhaps just getting the point of how royally pissed they are.

I'm worried. Do we have a plan on what to say?
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Meska369 on Sun May 10, 2009 7:42 pm

I don't think it's meta Knowledge that it is in INCREDIBLY bad taste AND an affront to ALL the Clans if you kill an ambassador.

Politics, Treaties, etc are possible ONLY because of ambassadors.... Look at the Meeting of the Clans in the main comic. Nearly 70% of the conversation was done through the Ill'har's Ambassadors. The MOST she could do is expel Bel and her guards or imprison her till we can raise an enormous stink.

No, I think she is expressing her anger AND testing us. How we respond will set up the conversation to come. She might be VERY pissed, but if her clan has been around a long time she knows how to control herself.

We need to reflect our Clan and Anji here. Bel is an excellent person, well liked by anyone within a 3 miles range. Trust her. I do.

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby AthenAltena on Sun May 10, 2009 7:49 pm

I have faith in Bel for this, but it's best to tread cautiously. I don't imagine the Siksa'santi illhar would just off us, she strikes me as a hothead but I doubt she'd stoop to that level.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Postby blackshade10 on Sun May 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Meska369 wrote:I don't think it's meta Knowledge that it is in INCREDIBLY bad taste AND an affront to ALL the Clans if you kill an ambassador.

Politics, Treaties, etc are possible ONLY because of ambassadors.... Look at the Meeting of the Clans in the main comic. Nearly 70% of the conversation was done through the Ill'har's Ambassadors. The MOST she could do is expel Bel and her guards or imprison her till we can raise an enormous stink.

No, I think she is expressing her anger AND testing us. How we respond will set up the conversation to come. She might be VERY pissed, but if her clan has been around a long time she knows how to control herself.

We need to reflect our Clan and Anji here. Bel is an excellent person, well liked by anyone within a 3 miles range. Trust her. I do.

Totally. The killing of an ambassador is a terrible mar on someone's reputation. It makes all clans hesitant to send any of it's members to you, since you would kill even an ambassador. What would keep them from killing someone else's ambassador?
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Cayen on Sun May 10, 2009 8:28 pm

well I'm not scare of the leader ordering our death as I am the archer firing at us in a fit of blind rage...
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

Postby Idunyken on Sun May 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Not much we can do about that possibility. I doubt there is anything we can say to her that will make her feel any less angry.
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby thatguyvex on Sun May 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Well, she doesn't have to like us, just cool her jets and act like a bloody sensible Ill'har and realize that making death threats over split milk is less than intelligent. But I think Bel will do fine here, this is her first real chance to show those diplomatic skills and talk down the sword-totting psycho. Admitly a sword-totting psycho with a legitimate reason to be pissed at us, but still, swords drawn in a meeting? *sigh* I'm not sure what's worse...the Siks honest and blunt hostility or the Svarts carrot and stick "friendship". I'm liking the Nal's more and more these days.
Last edited by thatguyvex on Sun May 10, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a fine line between awesome and ridiculous. Badai uses that line to floss his teeth.

Kazdrin's Random Link: Bizzare. Amusing. Ruby Quest.
thatguyvex
Vel'akar

Postby Meska369 on Sun May 10, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm beginning to understand why the Chellians think WE are strange...

Direct? Open? Honest? Polite? No hidden agenda? RUN AWAY!!!!!

At this point I would love to see how the other clans are like... I'm rather interested how the ambassadors are treated.

Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Meska369 on Sun May 10, 2009 9:21 pm

HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY! GO call your MOM!

Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Novusod on Sun May 10, 2009 9:25 pm

We should say we come on mission of peace. Other than maybe an apology I am not sure what to say.

We should be careful here. Just because they are "honorable" doesn't not mean they are above taking revenge and declaring war on us. Also didn't the Sarghress kill an ambassador recently? So If the high clans are willing to attack ambassadors what is to stop the low clans from pulling dirty tricks.
"A pessimists looks at the wind and complains. An optimist looks at the wind and believes the wind will change. A leader looks at the wind and trims the sails."
Novusod
Demon

Postby blackshade10 on Sun May 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Novusod wrote:We should say we come on mission of peace. Other than maybe an apology I am not sure what to say.

We should be careful here. Just because they are "honorable" doesn't not mean they are above taking revenge and declaring war on us. Also didn't the Sarghress kill an ambassador recently? So If the high clans are willing to attack ambassadors what is to stop the low clans from pulling dirty tricks.

There is absolutely no proof that the Sarghress did anything of the sort and it's likely Zala was lying out of her ass.
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Catriana on Sun May 10, 2009 9:44 pm

Well, the entire point was to go there and let them know what truly happened, so we should do so. Whether or not she believes us is up to her, and I don't care if she does or doesn't. We're there to clear up the situation, if she doesn't like what we have to say, or doesn't believe us, then whatever. We leave.

I seriously doubt she's going to kill Bel. She's trying to be intidimating, and yes, she is very much testing us. If she doesn't like what we have to say, she'll probably tell us to get out and THEN say if we return she WILL kill us. That'll let us know that she is declaring us as a confirmed enemy to her clan, and we treat her as such. She will want Anj'hali to know this, but she's not sucidial enough to actually kill us considering the situation. For one, they'd definitely be playing into the Svarts hands, it'd be insane how quickly the Svarts would try and dominate the Siska for killing their ally.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre