The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: LA Day 48: A candle in the darkness~

Postby Cayen on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:13 am

I think the ortho can teach improvements for all sections. It's just a matter of what we want to focus on
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Comson on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:24 am

Cayen wrote:I think the ortho can teach improvements for all sections. It's just a matter of what we want to focus on

While that's true, I think some will gain more benefit from just basic mana skills than others.

Though I am operating under the assumption that developing basic mana skills -> realization of sorcery, which could be wrong.
Comson
Nether Spawn

Postby blackshade10 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:30 am

Comson wrote:
Cayen wrote:I think the ortho can teach improvements for all sections. It's just a matter of what we want to focus on

While that's true, I think some will gain more benefit from just basic mana skills than others.

Though I am operating under the assumption that developing basic mana skills -> realization of sorcery, which could be wrong.

Sorcery can be tested with an affinity test. Basic mana is needed to learn it, but it won't realize it.

Many are already familiar with their sorcery, they just need training.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Comson on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:33 am

blackshade10 wrote:
Comson wrote:

Sorcery can be tested with an affinity test. Basic mana is needed to learn it, but it won't realize it.

Many are already familiar with their sorcery, they just need training.

That's actually what I meant, as in the "realization of one's efforts."
Comson
Nether Spawn

Postby Thalar on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:07 pm

Bamawing wrote:This is pre-walk, so I reserve the right to refute myself later. ;^^

Kael's idea is a good one. I'm also more than a little suspicious of Orthoabbae healing. Isn't most drow healing done using empathy, which is taxing on the empath and therefore rare? AND going to be restricted to Kyorls? The only other major medical advancement that I know of is that of drider creation... and I think we all can agree that this is... flawed? Well, there is also the creation of golem appendages, but I expect that's more for the engineers than the nurses.

Honestly, I suspect that we couldn't learn much more than we already know. In fact, Elil could probably *teach* a healing course there.

Empathy is not restricted to the Kyorl'solenurn.
And while healing empathy is taxing on the healers, if we are taught unspecific "mana techniques for healing" as the LA box implicates, that should cover both empathy and other techniques (like use of blood/bone elements). This would lead to (hopefully) a better ability to get people back on their feet quicker, better diagnostics, shorter recuperation time, better chance of saving lives and limbs, since we would be able to affect the wounded not just with our basic skills, but with bonuses as well.

We need to take a course at Orthorbbae to unlock these abilities. For whatever reasons, we do not have these abilities at the moment, nor can Elif teach the healers how to unlock them.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Idunyken on Fri May 01, 2009 4:23 pm

New EA! Looks like phantom cloth has dried up.

Lots of fun jobs for the warriors to do including one that requires attacking civilians AND the most dangerous monsters in Chel in one lovely package :S

And no proposals for Niars? :[ *pats* I'm sure they're all just too shy :D

Metal is cheap cheap cheap! Wonder how good it is tho.

A burger stole my chance at front page fame!!!! :A
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby Frost Indri on Fri May 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Not phantom. Unless you mean the color is phantomastic. Which it was. We got the cloth from the traders who came through almost a "month" ago. So now, alas, we need to get some more. I'm hoping for more cloth that's a light neutral color, so I can dye it. :)

And do we even know what demons are? And what would we do if someone came back tainted?
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hfar on Fri May 01, 2009 4:37 pm

Idunyken wrote:And no proposals for Niars? :[ *pats* I'm sure they're all just too shy :D

What makes you so certain he didn't get proposals? }:3

Man, most of those warrior jobs are either long term or incredibly shady. Shiir/Madea just can't get a break I guess. ^^;

Also, Katralya is adorable walking her lil' tik'tikki's in the Supply Master panel. XD
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

EA 49

Postby Nasfors on Fri May 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Be not confused, noble Tei'kaliath! A half-ada is one tenth of an ada! It is not half of an ada in value, but instead in composition. And leather in fact costs half of an ada, not one half-ada. It costs 5 half-ada, and is thus valued at half of one ada. }:3
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Re: EA 49

Postby Comson on Fri May 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Nasfors wrote:Be not confused, noble Tei'kaliath! A half-ada is one tenth of an ada! It is not half of an ada in value, but instead in composition. And leather in fact costs half of an ada, not one half-ada. It costs 5 half-ada, and is thus valued at half of one ada. }:3

I am amazed at how needlessly confusing this is.

At least Americans have the decency to make a half-dollar worth one half of a dollar. In ancient Britland, a half-penny was, if my sources are true, worth one half of a penny.
Comson
Nether Spawn

Postby Cayen on Fri May 01, 2009 8:21 pm

here is an easy way to remember. An ADA is an american dollar, a half-ada is a dime
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

Postby tanarill on Fri May 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Looks like all the warrior jobs are for mercenaries, not clansmen -_-

Techs! It occurs to me that perhaps all that char from the smithy could be used for gas masks . . . if not, maybe charcoal can be found in the city? And also, since the slave quarters will require it as well, it might be time to consider large-scale plumbing in Ther'. As well as the capacity of the golem pump supplying the city ATM.

I think the prices are good news. It means that if our crafters can get glass production going, we have a steady source of income. The leather prices are good too, we should be able to make those thick yet flexible gloves. I'm not sure about the scrap metal; it might not be of high enough quality. Next I think we should learn cloth prices.

Ardune smacks a few males who dared propose. She Is Not Interested.

Huh. We can mine and smelt in the same day now, this is good. Do we have an ore surplus right now? (That is, more metal bars than we can process into armor/bolts/whatever in one turn?) Because if so I think the miners should go collect more building rock next turn. Rock . . . rock . . . rock and roll!

Good job, crafters. Almost all the scouts are armored now! And it appears that you dropped the required chitin threefold, from 15 to 5 per armor. If someone hunts down enough kir'isu, and we buy more cloth, we might manage a surplus of professional uniforms. Huzzah \o/

Last thought: if this ada/half-ada thing is a question or composition, then it might be possible for us to smelt them down and make purer ada coins, greatly increasing their worth. And netting a small amount or, presumably, iron or steel as a side product. So we might look into that.
tanarill
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Event Archive Day 49

Postby Catriana on Fri May 01, 2009 10:07 pm

Half-ada. D:

I also feel bad for the Warriors. You guys can't get a break for anything. Assassinate folks? Go bully folks into paying monies? Yeesh. How bothersome. None of those options looked very good for you guys.

I also agree with Tanarill about being able to sell our ore and other items. It's not a ton of money, but it's a start. We healers can't have all the fun :D

Also, is there any way that we can find a way to make our own cloth instead of buying it? I'm not sure what we could use for fibers and I'm not a crafter but I guess it's just a random curiousity question.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tohya on Fri May 01, 2009 10:09 pm

The smithy does not use or produce charcoal. We would have to make it from coal, as that is the most readily available raw material for it. When producing something, all we need are the raw materials for it, the refining process gets glossed over.

Installing plumbing is actually a job for the builders and miners.

2 Ada for one unit of glass, means it would be worth while to produce if we can find suitable raw materials. Scrap metal is scrap metal, the game isn't going to make any distinction on grades of scrap metal.

To make our own cloth would require a source of spider silk.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby tanarill on Fri May 01, 2009 10:24 pm

@Tohya

No, I meant all that ash that was cleaned out only a few turns ago. Depending on what it is, it might be useful.

Installing it, yes. Getting the pipes supplied with water/water pressure, however, is for engineers.

I agree. In which case we may need to look into the cost of raw silk and the weaving thereof.
tanarill
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre