The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: LA Day 47: Ouuuuuuuuiii!!! XD / Val'Nalsarkoth Amb. Visiting

Postby Kir'ima on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:43 am

Detachment, repressed emotion, and denial/questioning are also common methods of dealing with extreme grief, so who knows - we may yet see An'jhali crying tears of joy, jumping into her old lover's arms. *cough* I mean, arm. :0

Writer wrote:On the other hand, that might just be how Reza draws a certain kind of warrior, and there being no real relation. But from the Badai story, we know at least that our attackers had some contacts in Chel, to be able to place him in a dungeon there.

True, and Kern did say that Reza wrote this story instead of him, but at the same time it looks similar enough that I want to keep an eye out for it. ^^
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Finish on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:41 am

Well if this is canon we have some problems, and I'm not speaking about the Bandai/Shiir/Svartelos/amnesia thing.

We know from the comic that a unkown/large group of Drow attacked us. And as far as I remember it was stated in one topic that unkown force killed the Illharess and her familiy members - except An'jhali - first. Also they have some kind of facility this pus the amnesia plus that the leader wanted Bandai as one of more soldiers means that those guys probbably have some kind of brain-wash technology.
And the worst thing, those guys probably still somewhere out there and we don't know where and want they want. But probably they'll find us sooner or later. I don't think this is a urgent matter buf I'm curious to learn more about those group and there motivations - and I want to show them what happens if you step on our toes. :D

And about Bandai if he meets Shiir and we can't argue with him... better he than our warmaster. I would have no problem in putting thirthy arrows in his head before he touch Shiir. Also it seems like Rhinn has
spoken the truth: There caravans get attcked by a unknow force. But I doubt that the Vei'Visa incident has something to do with this attacks. I guess that was just "eliminating competition".
I just hope not everybody we killed... enslaved has that hateful family members. Otherwise we are in real trouble. :D
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby FSEffect on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:22 pm

Oh Badai... you're nothing but a one armed bandit now.
I think if he ever gets to our doorsteps, a slight mentioning of An'jahli's name should snap him back to reality :D
That'll stop him in his tracks, and hopefully long enough for reason to settle in.
It'll be a tearful reunion... hopefully the good kind XD
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Lordpanther14 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Badai: I wish to speak to you're Il'haress.

Kerr: And what business do you have with Lady An'jhali?

Badai: Lady An'jhali? *Grabs head with hand* AAAAAAAAAUGH *and faints*

Faia: Damn it!

Kerr: Well that was wierd.
LordPanther, Lord of the Roster
Former Leader of the Relic Hunter Squad, the Fen Wolves: Bro'toh
Owner of Tab'irre and Xy'tin
Lordpanther14
Vel'akar

Postby thatguyvex on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:16 pm

PenDragon wrote:Also... I wonder what the Cult of Badai is going to think now that he may be a potential (or perhaps guaranteed) enemy? :w

Sort of like the ambiguous feeling that comes with the terms "Snu Snu", if you happen to be a Futurama fan. ^^;

Finish wrote:And the worst thing, those guys probably still somewhere out there and we don't know where and want they want. But probably they'll find us sooner or later. I don't think this is a urgent matter buf I'm curious to learn more about those group and there motivations - and I want to show them what happens if you step on our toes. :D

Let's just hope that if/when we do run into these fellows our toes our big enough to effectively jam thoroughly up an unpleasant crevasse of theirs. It'll probably be a long way down the road though before we have any kind of contact from that group, though.

Hmm, it occurs to me that, if this comic is going to be considered canon (no grantee on that yet I suppose), then it's likely we'll run into ahem "Radin" and Faia as a result of the Svartelos asking us to capture whatever bandits are hitting their carriages. It further occurs to me, story/plot wise, it'd make way too much sense for that pair to end up finding that Siksa'santi cross-bow chick from earlier and team up for mutual revenge kicks. Either way, Badai/Radin said he wouldn't be gunning after Shiir until he got his memories back, in which case maybe we can avoid that particular mire altogether.
There is a fine line between awesome and ridiculous. Badai uses that line to floss his teeth.

Kazdrin's Random Link: Bizzare. Amusing. Ruby Quest.
thatguyvex
Vel'akar

Postby Exate on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Writer wrote:But from the Badai story, we know at least that our attackers had some contacts in Chel, to be able to place him in a dungeon there.
Finish wrote:We know from the comic that a unkown/large group of Drow attacked us. And as far as I remember it was stated in one topic that unkown force killed the Illharess and her familiy members - except An'jhali - first. Also they have some kind of facility this pus the amnesia plus that the leader wanted Bandai as one of more soldiers means that those guys probbably have some kind of brain-wash technology.
And the worst thing, those guys probably still somewhere out there and we don't know where and want they want. But probably they'll find us sooner or later. I don't think this is a urgent matter buf I'm curious to learn more about those group and there motivations - and I want to show them what happens if you step on our toes.
Given these points- and someone pointed out somewhere that the attackers had many-eyed helmets, which has demonic associations- I find myself throwing together a crackpot theory. We're not really sure what happened to the Nidraa'chal, except that they're still around at least a bit, not operating openly, and it's been speculated that they're part of what's hidden in the depths of Orthorbbae. What if they heard about our city somehow (since Snadhya'runes has access to the greatest stores of information in Chel'el'sussoloth, she'd have better odds than anyone else of knowing about obscure settlements) and decided to use it as a large-scale test case for whatever new techniques they've been developing? They move in, do some cursory information-gathering and discover that we have only a single leading family, then lead their attack with a decapitating strike before our people can rally. They subsequently have fun with opening gates and doing whatever other nasties they have up their sleeves. It would explain, amongst other things, how it would be possible to basically one-shot thousands of people with so few escaping.

As I understand it, demons draw upon the knowledge and capabilities of their hosts; this would explain the 'brainwashing'- they perhaps planned to infect any exceptionally capable warriors with loyal vel'akar who would then be stronger and more competent. After clearing out our old city, they returned to Chel'el'sussoloth with any prisoners so that they could use their most advanced equipment and techniques to infect them correctly. Badai either escapes somehow, or is released damaged and/or tainted as part of some currently-incomprehensible Evil Master Plan.

Of course, it could be an unknown faction somewhat more easily. The leader woman certainly doesn't fit the Nidraa'chal aesthetic, which seems based upon gem-studded heavy armor and face-concealing helmets. But I do love conspiracy theories...
Exate
Demon

Postby Finish on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:45 pm

thatguyvex wrote:Hmm, it occurs to me that, if this comic is going to be considered canon (no grantee on that yet I suppose), then it's likely we'll run into ahem "Radin" and Faia as a result of the Svartelos asking us to capture whatever bandits are hitting their carriages. It further occurs to me, story/plot wise, it'd make way too much sense for that pair to end up finding that Siksa'santi cross-bow chick from earlier and team up for mutual revenge kicks. Either way, Badai/Radin said he wouldn't be gunning after Shiir until he got his memories back, in which case maybe we can avoid that particular mire altogether.

Mhh good point. Perhaps that way we "stumble" over him. However, Faia und "Radin" 't seems to be responsible only for a few attacks on less protected caravanes. That means there's still someone else - unless the Vei Visa were behind that. But I doubt they have anything to do with the attacks. And I would say it's a "Svart"-problem. We fullfiled our part of the agreement and I don't want to fight more battles for them unless for a very good reason.
And fhe chance to find Bandai is no good reason, he will find us soon enough. ;) And I don't want that a group of our warriors encounter him. In the worst case he's dead and took some of our warriors with him.

@Exate
Many-eyed helmets doesn't mean that there's a connection to demons. It could also representate Drider or Sharess or nothing of them at all. Also if they are nether summoners wouldn't they have used bodyless demons to Seed our people and turn them against us as well as a lot of Gluttos, Devourer and other nasty staff? We didn't saw anything like that in the comic and I'm sure we would have remembered if such things had happen. Also how do you hide and feed a whole army under the Orthorbbae and get them out of Chel and back with prisoners without anybody noticing it? Perhaps with a large tunnel sytem but there's still the food question.
As much as I like the idea that this was Nidraa'Chal work (with Snadhya'runes behind it) I think it's not very likely.

Well here's my theory: This is either a Clan or a large-Clan like troop and the woman we saw is there Illharess. The survive and grow by attacking and looting smaller settlements in the underworld. So they gain food and new warriors. Perhaps the leader dreams of becoming one of the Val Clans or even taking over Chel itself as only power. However, to reach that goal her group has to grow so they only attack isolated or far away cities like ours. The question how they know about our old city remains, but perhaps they walking through the underworld with a mobile base camp like the Mongolian and "accidentaly" discovered our city - a weak prey.

Well only time wiil tells us the truth. I bet we'll hear from them again. :D
Finish
Merc on vacation

Postby Exate on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Finish wrote:@Exate
I did say that this was crackpot, but I'll defend it anyway. We did not see demon summoning as we know it used in the comic, but we also know that they attacked the leading family first, before attacking the citizenry. That means any extensive use of demons to form an army as in the prologue would have happened after the scenes pictured. Presumably for whatever reason they took berserkers and whatever other nifty self-enhancement techniques they've cooked up and relied solely on those, plus perhaps mana depletion from ethereal demons, for the initial attack. Or, if we want to get really crazy, they made a pact with some group of intelligent demons who started possessing our troops without causing severe physical alterations, thus explaining why Badai was shown surrounded by bodies without numerous apparent hostiles present. I have no explanation for the logistics of the situation except to vaguely mention secret passages, concealing sorceries, the exceptional wealth of the Sharen, and conclude that it could be done somehow if they really wanted to.
Finish wrote:Well here's my theory...
I have trouble buying the theory that a group strong enough to utterly destroy our city (relatively weak or not, we did have thousands of people and were not entirely incompetent in warfare) has difficulty carving out a niche for themselves in Chel'el'sussoloth unless they have already made enemies of several of the great clans. Which is, of course, a possibility in your theory, but... our city had a survival rate well under 10%, as far as we know. How could that be achieved without extensive nether summoning or an army strong enough to already take control of most places.
Finish wrote:Well only time wiil tells us the truth. I bet we'll hear from them again. :D
Agreed. Wild speculation is fun even if one is almost certainly drawing pictures in the stars, though.
Exate
Demon

Postby Finish on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:52 pm

But wouldn't we - the surviours - not know if there were demons? Perhaps the massiv demon assault started after Bandai's deafted but then there must be some witnesses among us. And Vel'akar are very common, no summoner knows what kind of demon he'll get and the chance that it's more than just a wild animal are very low. And even if there would be a group of Vel'akar who said that all of them would play along and don't transform they body into something nasty with Claws, more eyes, horns and all the stuff?

And about the Clan-theory: Chel is a place were Clans come power and fall very soon. The Great Clans may be a bit more stable but even they can fall. If they this group to be one of the Great Clan the first have to eliminate one of them. And you just can march to the fortress of a Great Clan and kill them all. The Great Clans have allies, so fighting one great Clan would only result in a successe if they would have other powerful allys too. However, that's just a wild theory.

And you don't need demons. If they would have used demons perhaps now of us would be alive now. We know that the frist people who died where the royal family members. That means they have some very good assasines. If they eliminate the leadership (royal family, army leaders, skilled mana-users and other important people) there would be no one to coordinate the city defense making things a lot easier. Also they could have send people in to sabotage the defense, open gates and causing riots (in such a big city you don't know everybody so it would takes a while before people would notice a stranger if he knows about the culture).
Finish
Merc on vacation

Re: EA Day 47B: New Layout FTW

Postby FSEffect on Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:48 pm

WE MADE A GOOD IMPRESSION!!! :D

And I didn't think Bel would have that dress that quick, so I see you've been planning this for a while :3
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Picanet on Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:52 pm

FSEffect wrote:WE MADE A GOOD IMPRESSION!!! :D

And I didn't think Bel would have that dress that quick, so I see you've been planning this for a while :3

You would be amazed what recycled undergarments, a tablecloth, and reusing thread from the old outfit can accomplish. Tali is resourceful! XD
- Somebody that you used to know
Picanet
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar on Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:54 pm

The Val'Nal'sarkoth acknowledge our claim to Ther'avare as legitimate. That is good news :)
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby blackshade10 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:55 pm

Yay! -dance-
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Meckruco on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:05 pm

*picks jaw up off the floor* HOLY CRAP BEL! i likie the new look.

also... WOOOOT! A great clan acknowleges our sovernty over the area! <(o.o)< ^(o.o)^ >(o.o)> <(o.o)>
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Cayen on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:16 pm

*does a little dance* Though we have a word of warning regarding the svarts. I have a feeling there will come a time in the future where we will have to fight them.
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre