The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: LA Day 47: Ouuuuuuuuiii!!! XD / Val'Nalsarkoth Amb. Visiting

Postby kirio on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:06 am

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:I'm sorry, totally lost...when and where did the sullisin'rune show up? lol

That wasn't in P2P, but in the Main Moonless Age comic.

Whatever the case may be with Ashie's offer, it's definiately worth looking into. If the 'hidden' cost is too high we need not accept the finantial support. If the deal is acceptable, it will be a good opportunity to begin a friendly relationship with a Val clan.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:07 am

LOL, you said it Thaluka! our Illharess may catch Rhinn's underhandedness if she hangs around her too much, LOL
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby kirio on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:15 am

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:LOL, you said it Thaluka! our Illharess may catch Rhinn's underhandedness if she hangs around her too much, LOL

I kind of doubt that. The overwhelming majority of the clan is opposed to such tactics. Keeping Rhinn at arms length while not unecessarily offending her is the current stance. Once we can find allies that are less uncomfortable to associate with, we won't have to worry about offending the Svartelos.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 pm

I wish we knew more about the other minor clans, the only ones we know of are the Kals, who may not want anything to do with us, and the Svarts, who while our allies for now are clearly not trustworthy. How could we best go about learning more about the other clans of the city? We could of course ask the Nar'Salkoth ambassador and I'm sure thats been suggested, but who would be our ideal allies?

If Ash is serious and not just trying to control us we could take her up on her offer, another possibility is that we could look into the existence of other struggling minor clans such as ourselves. In other words, we could form alliances with clans who are also in dire straights and at risk of falling if not careful, just like us, rather than seek out the biggest and strongest clans in Chel (who may or may not try to make us their puppets if we're not careful). an alliance of multiple minor clans would compensate for a lack of strength or resources and make us a less desirable target for larger clans to prey on (strength in numbers and all that).
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Meska369 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:34 pm

An alliance = bargaining strength. Has always been so. Think the Alliances in Japanese corporations against other alliances. It's a VERY polite war for power and resources. WE could start a new one or add ourselves to another as has already, hopefully, been talked about.

It would be neat and add new dimensions to the game. It's very cool that we are finally coming to the part of the game where we can wield real power at last.

----

Oh, we need to decide on weather to take the money for what the Engineers did for the bathhouse OR ongoing tribute for it WITH the addition of sending warriors as a guard force. I think the second is a better investment in terms of long term gains of Ada AND prestige. Becoming a power to respect by the Lesser Clans will take time and keeping a finger in Chel somehow. A public showing of our people as professionals will help in both parts, plus added to our Healing Booth efforts, will help turn our reputation with the commoners as well.

I see allot of win there but also danger in that we would be putting our people in harms way a bit. Then again, that is every day, so it may not be that much additional risk to do it. I would have the Warriors and Scouts opinions on this.

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm a new member of Squad 2 and I certainly like the idea of offering our services as fighters to the Nar'salkoth (if it will help boost our rep in the eyes of the commoners and other minor clans). Plus I like the idea of the whole "polite war" angle, sounds interesting, (:
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Meckruco on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:49 pm

you aint squad leader.. i say what The Spears do. now grab everyone's pack and start marching. i need to whip you into shape.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Kir'ima on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:30 am

The main comic page and extra Badai Story are up! :)

However, the link on the main page leads to the last page of the Badai story.
To start from the beginning, use the following link:
http://www.drowtales.com/ArchivePtpBada ... tra=1&id=0
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Frost Indri on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:23 am

Oh, Shiiiir? You're abs of power seem to attract the strangest challengers... XD

And its not just the main page link that takes you to the last page. It seems that the main access point for the story is the last page. o_O a little weird but I think its just a glitch from the programing of the whole site. (Well, not normally a glitch, but it seems so for the current story.)
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby thatguyvex on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:10 am

*reads Badai story*

...Well...that complicates a few things doesn't it? ^^;
There is a fine line between awesome and ridiculous. Badai uses that line to floss his teeth.

Kazdrin's Random Link: Bizzare. Amusing. Ruby Quest.
thatguyvex
Vel'akar

Postby Kir'ima on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:44 am

Complications indeed :p

Also, porting this from the main comic forum to here since it is a PtP issue:
thatguyvex wrote:Actually I'm more worried about the absolutely BA looking lady with the tri-tails who apparently was at least somewhat in charge of the group that took down the old city. Foreshadowing rules suggest that some point in the future we may be seeing her and her ilk again. Here's hoping the Tei'kaliath get a lot larger and stronger by then.

Something that Picanet noticed:
Doesn't that wrapped ponytail style look a bit familiar? (LA archive side, lower half)

And something further that I noticed:
Compare the tri-tail's arm armor with that of the daughter in the bottom panel of the same LA page where she is carrying her wounded father - banded upper arm and forearm bracers separated by a darker cloth-like material in the elbow area. Of course nothing is certain, but I think we may have a match... O_o;

And if so, she may not have cared much for us before, but I bet she really hates us now. ^^;
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Writer on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:01 am

Kir'ima wrote:Complications indeed :p

Also, porting this from the main comic forum to here since it is a PtP issue:
thatguyvex wrote:Actually I'm more worried about the absolutely BA looking lady with the tri-tails who apparently was at least somewhat in charge of the group that took down the old city. Foreshadowing rules suggest that some point in the future we may be seeing her and her ilk again. Here's hoping the Tei'kaliath get a lot larger and stronger by then.

Something that Picanet noticed:
Doesn't that wrapped ponytail style look a bit familiar? (LA archive side, lower half)

And something further that I noticed:
Compare the tri-tail's arm armor with that of the daughter in the bottom panel of the same LA page where she is carrying her wounded father - banded upper arm and forearm bracers separated by a darker cloth-like material in the elbow area. Of course nothing is certain, but I think we may have a match... O_o;

And if so, she may not have cared much for us before, but I bet she really hates us now. ^^;

On the other hand, that might just be how Reza draws a certain kind of warrior, and there being no real relation. But from the Badai story, we know at least that our attackers had some contacts in Chel, to be able to place him in a dungeon there.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby PenDragon on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:37 am

I'm a little confused after reading the Badai Story. It seems inconsistent to me. ^^; When An'jhali first told us of Badai she didn't seem to care very much about him, but in the Badai Story she was saying things like "I love you." Strange... :x

If Badai's Story is really a part of the Path to Power canon, then maybe their past was rewritten. *ooo* I guess it doesn't matter.

Also... I wonder what the Cult of Badai is going to think now that he may be a potential (or perhaps guaranteed) enemy? :w
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

Postby Thalar on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:05 am

PenDragon wrote:I'm a little confused after reading the Badai Story. It seems inconsistent to me. ^^; When An'jhali first told us of Badai she didn't seem to care very much about him, but in the Badai Story she was saying things like "I love you." Strange... :x

Well, she said she wasn't sure if he loved her. She said nothing about her own feelings *ooo*
http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/a ... p?sid=5156

Doesn't seem too unreasonable that she might love him, but be unsure if he loves her or just wants an 'in' with the leading clan, given that she was the youngest daughter of the Ilharess, and rather unsure of herself.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby PenDragon on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:14 am

Thalar wrote:Well, she said she wasn't sure if he loved her. She said nothing about her own feelings *ooo*
http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/a ... p?sid=5156

Doesn't seem too unreasonable that she might love him, but be unsure if he loves her or just wants an 'in' with the leading clan, given that she was the youngest daughter of the Ilharess, and rather unsure of herself.

I would think that An'jhali would have shown more emotion when talking about him if she really did love him, especially since she thought that he had died. But maybe I'm wrong.

It doesn't matter, anyhow. ^^; Just goes to show that sometimes you can't take everything depicted in the comic as the infallible truth.
If something seems too good to be true, you're supposed to shoot it just in case.
- Fiona Glenanne, "Burn Notice"

FYI: No, I have not made 16 million forum posts; that number is the result of a glitch. Don't ask.
PenDragon
Shard of the Old God

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre