Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Possible Hostiles Below, Cap'n!

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:11 am

Hey Guys!

Nice to be back, but for the other players who are leaning towards the ballista below the airship and occupants being hostile, let's chat scenario!

My vote is we take -whatever- group wants to join in, and we repel down. My understanding is, we have sent flares. We won't know anything else until friday, but for now, who has ideas and who wants to do what just in case?

cheers! *wee*
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Possible Hostiles Below, Cap'n!

Postby goblin6 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:25 am

Let's not get ahead of ourselves until we know who these intruders are. Wait until the update, if we do not get a good look of who these interlopers are, send in the FSF and scouts. The scouts/FSF should avoid a confrontation, that's the warriors department.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:32 am

wow, ok, my bad for not being more redundantly clear:

anybody who wants to join in on whoever is thinking about going down, this is the place to chat scenario.

o_O was that confusing?
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Leonis on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:13 am

I plan on posting the Advice. Even if the gear isn't 100% ready, lets give it a "combat run".

FSF+DA:Use Far Pounce Technique to scout area and learn about ground forces (75 characters)

Far Pounce is our technique, if I recall properly, of "Pouncing from the sky" far away and then sneaking closer.

Though I would like to note... that as of late it seems much planning for sneak/scout missions takes place in the FSF thread.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:44 am

thealbinobutterfly wrote:wow, ok, my bad for not being more redundantly clear:

anybody who wants to join in on whoever is thinking about going down, this is the place to chat scenario.

o_O was that confusing?

Well, I'm all for planning ahead in case of the worse case scenario, though as Goblin said we can't act on anything until the LA updates and we know for sure if we're in danger or not. However, I think we should keep these discussions in the actual warriors thread since that's the place for such matters, rather than making an independent thread for it.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby minalia on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:10 am

The good news is that all advice input to the Ea are on lock-down by request of myself and a few others in order to make sure we have time to talk about all the possibilities and to analyze the LA before spamming EA advices like crazy. ^^ This will avoid us from spreading to many useless advices like last time.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:07 am

*sigh* yes, this is edited. I am very cranky. If you read what i posted originally, i'm sorry.

Now, a nice version.

Dudes, Ladeez, i'm here to play a game, have fun. I know a lot of you spend your time micro-managing details. I used to do that a few years ago on here, and it burnt me the Eff out. I refuse to do that again.

I am trying to co operate, as we are a game of players from around the globe. That is something to be heralded and complimented. A massive co operation from literally every corner of the world is open to us, and it creates something very unique.

However, if i post in the wrong place, please do not come here to just tell me that.

If i have an idea, please do not just take it after telling me why it is a bad idea.

I would prefer to be involved and a part of the community, not facing hurdles from this online community from the very get go.

However, if you insist, we will have arguments for as long as i stay. Work with me, or find me to be your new swear word. That is not a threat. I do not mean for it to be a threat, i am merely stating, i am a paying player, and i can be very, very stubborn if all i am told is 'no, because i said so and that is how it's done.'

cheers.
Last edited by thealbinobutterfly on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:25 am

I am sorry. But i remember this is is the CONFERENCE THREAD.

This is the section where we can discuss on serious matters. This event just happens to be a very serious one. So it might be nice to have a nice discussion in here like we used to do.

The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

So a little respect will be nice to Xenon who has returned after a few years hiatus will be damn well appreciated.

We can easily rappel warriors via ropes while the ship is in mid flight to avoid having to land to the surface of the mist valley away from the outpost to help have recon teams in different sectors all at once faster. It's a good novel idea.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:00 pm

If it turns out that we've landed on Friday then rappelling should definitely be remembered for future occasions. If we haven't then I'm all in favour of trying it out now. Considering the amount of rope we have it seems a shame not to put it to good use.
Ptp: Oplynache Zerr'andaes *Steals all shinies. Buries all shinies. Grins manically* Mine all mine!
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:40 pm

that, and, we should sing the mission impossible theme while we do it. }:3

ooh! or zip-line down there.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:29 am

thealbinobutterfly wrote:that, and, we should sing the mission impossible theme while we do it. }:3

ooh! or zip-line down there.

Okay, that would be pretty cool, dananana na! danannanaa! Secret Agent Drow! *wee*
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby demonthault on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:12 am

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote: Secret Agent Drow!

He's giving you a feral, and taking away your name?
*starts Powerpoint presentation so Daven can convince Brook of the goodness o shinies*
-Mirrvyn
demonthault
Summoner

Postby Ash'arion on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:18 am

Ziplines would be great, especially since we can make and deploy a number of them at once. All we have to do is tether ropes to ballista bolts and shoot them at big things like buildings. I just hope you guys are better at sticking your landings off those than the gliders, because the fall would be far more merciless.
Ash-
RH: Eyes peeled and heads on a swivel, Shrikes.

MA: Have I mentioned that I hate fire?

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:38 am

SNAP!

CALLED IT!

here is the link for those of us running to the nals:

http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=17463&p=757885#p757885
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar