Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Refresher on why mana rats are important.

Postby 3Power on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:48 am

For the past month or so I've been trying to restart the mana rat project after the rats abruptly escaped, leaving the mana bugs to devour the remaining plants in the habitat and fly off. However, I haven't been getting any votes, causing me to come to the conclusion that people have forgotten why we need them in the first place.

The only mana plants that have seeded thus far are the ones the mana rats were initially found by. Said mana plants are also the biggest and most developed. The logical conclusion is that mana rats = bigger, faster growing, and more productive mana plants. I wish I could say it was an absolute fact but because the rats escaped, the experiment set up to determine that it is completely inconclusive.

If we want to develop an accelerated mana plant production engine for over the time skip, it is essential that we, if nothing else, get the rats back in their cages again and find out how the escaped in the first place so they can't do so again.

EDIT: Tim collected a timeline of rat events:
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Refresher on why mana rats are important.

Postby Nacht on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Trey, we each have our own agendas. Each with actions that are important for the clan. For example hunters and me have been working hard on developping food supply for the clan. Golem engineers and their transport module. Smiths with Dvergar weapons. Tim has been leading the park project. You have positioned yourself as champion and leader of the mana rat / mana plant project, which is an extremely important project it's true. I don't think any of us have forgotten that. However, you tend to disappear for weeks on end from shoutbox and game, not posting EAs. People are hesitant to post things in your absence because, well, it's rude to take over someone's project - as well as risk being counterproductive. Secondly I haven't seen you campaigning for votes a lot. You need to be more present and get more players on your side to support your actions, as well as be consistent with them. If you do that I am sure your project will be more successful and reap huge benefits for the clan.
Nacht
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Nacht wrote:Trey, we each have our own agendas. Each with actions that are important for the clan. For example hunters and me have been working hard on developping food supply for the clan. Golem engineers and their transport module. Smiths with Dvergar weapons. Tim has been leading the park project. You have positioned yourself as champion and leader of the mana rat / mana plant project, which is an extremely important project it's true. I don't think any of us have forgotten that. However, you tend to disappear for weeks on end from shoutbox and game, not posting EAs. People are hesitant to post things in your absence because, well, it's rude to take over someone's project - as well as risk being counterproductive. Secondly I haven't seen you campaigning for votes a lot. You need to be more present and get more players on your side to support your actions, as well as be consistent with them. If you do that I am sure your project will be more successful and reap huge benefits for the clan.

Not to mention you have a habit of attacking anyone who jumps on your projects when you disappear -_- which further makes people reluctant.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby 3Power on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Not sure when this thread became "Attack Trey'la" but whatever.

I don't think any of us have forgotten that. However, you tend to disappear for weeks on end from shoutbox and game, not posting EAs. People are hesitant to post things in your absence because, well, it's rude to take over someone's project - as well as risk being counterproductive. Secondly I haven't seen you campaigning for votes a lot. You need to be more present and get more players on your side to support your actions, as well as be consistent with them. If you do that I am sure your project will be more successful and reap huge benefits for the clan.

If you are under the impression I have been absent from the game it's because you voluntarily removed yourself from the new ptp skype channel, for whatever reason. Granted I was periodically absent during the finals period many weeks prior. But at that point so many votes were going toward the expedition that it was difficult to get more than a few advices passed in the EA each week. Anyway, you want me to campaign, what do you call this thread?

Not to mention you have a habit of attacking anyone who jumps on your projects when you disappear -_- which further makes people reluctant.
I have never disappeared. And I have a habit of "attacking" people who disrupt ongoing projects with counterproductive advices. If you were to suddenly post your little idea to go out into the woods and study how small, skittish, dangerous rats and tiny, hard-to-see-from-even-a-meter-away bugs interact without warning, then yes, I would take issue with that.
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Postby Nacht on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Just the fact that you take constructive criticism as a personal attack shows that there is no point discussing this with you. Rant all you want, I will be ignoring this thread from now on. Good luck with your project, it seems you managed to find some last-minute voters after all!
Nacht
Summoner

Postby Pariel on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:18 pm

A friendly reminder about the rules of this forum.

Subject: Important: Rules for the Conference Hall

Thalar wrote:* One issue per discussion thread.
* The subject title should reflect the issue being discussed.

* If an issue should turn out to actually be several smaller issues that need separate discussions, please split the old thread into a thread per single smaller issue, and just link to these new threads in the original thread.
- This is in order for all the smaller issues to be allowed a proper discussion, instead of one of them overshadowing all the others.

* Do NOT discuss more than one issue per thread.
* Do NOT post a new thread unless one does not exist for the issue you wish to discuss.
* No flaming, please moderate yourself.
* Do not reply when angry or upset, take a breather.
* Re-read your post before hitting "Submit".

So please, both sides, chill down. Do not make this escalate further. Trey, stop making remarks such as:

Not sure when this thread became "Attack Trey'la" but whatever.

Natch and Hetros, this is a thread where actions and ideas should be discussed, not attitudes. Please refrain from making valorations on other members and stick to the subject at hand.

With that being said, I would like to support what Natch has said. Even if your project is important for the community, no steps have been taken in the direction of continuity. The lack of coordination with other people can also hamper someone's progress. My suggestion is that you should find at the very least a deputy in case you're unable to further this project so he or she can act in your stead. And communicate with said deputy a lot. Also, more coordination with other groups could be benefitial for both sides. There is an everl-shifting pool of workforce that coordinated groups can use.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Return to Conference Hall