Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Terms of victory after the war is won.

Postby minalia on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:52 pm

This was done prior to the final assault in the dvara'ka war. We ended the discussion with the Svarts obtaining all the slaves and half the money while we got all of the military gear, weapons, gems and furniture. ^^;

We want half of the enemy spoils, equipment, weapons, gems, golems and slaves.

This can be debated, do we want more of A and give B entirely to the dvergars and so on. XD
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Terms of victory after the war is won.

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:42 pm

It might be safest to stay on the 'vague' side with the wording, *ask* them about splitting the loot, not *demanding* part of it... The best suggestion I can come up with is:

"Discuss Loot plans with Dvergar - suggest 50/50 split chosen after battle" (73) - Lets An'jhali and the Dvergar hash out the details, isn't too forceful in wording, allows for us to pick-and-choose what loot we want and what we don't... Pretty safe, but pretty to the point too...

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby James Rye on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Dvergar have less need for golems and gems than us so they´re probably won´t like/agree to the idea for 50/50 here. :/

They might rather want their slaves back, the armor/weapons and such stuff than golems and gems.

We should take tat into account as well.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hfar on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:45 pm

We could also negotiate taking captured enemies as slaves. Dvergar and gnome slaves would be useful for brute labor and I doubt the Itham Guir would get teary eyed.
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:26 pm

But yeah, that is why I kept the terminology relatively vague - we can pick and choose once the battle is over - So long as it ends up roughly 50/50 it won't really matter what each 'half' consists of...

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Tohya on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:39 am

We have already agreed to help them retake Ithrin, and in exchange they have provided us with new armor and gemstones. So the division of the spoils is more of a request. Also, long term trade with them for metals and gemstones during the time skip will be more important to us.

We should let the Dvergar keep any loot that would be useful to them, we want them to keep Ithrin.
We take any mana powered and Drow centric items.
Split the remaining valuables fairly.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:53 am

Tohya wrote:We have already agreed to help them retake Ithrin, and in exchange they have provided us with new armor and gemstones. So the division of the spoils is more of a request. Also, long term trade with them for metals and gemstones during the time skip will be more important to us.

We should let the Dvergar keep any loot that would be useful to them, we want them to keep Ithrin.
We take any mana powered and Drow centric items.
Split the remaining valuables fairly.

Sounds reasonable to me. But I say if push comes to shove, we give up the loot in favor of trade arrangements. "Promise to be our military allies and trade partners and we'll leave you ALL the loot that isn't mana-tech to rebuild yourselves."
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby benuminister on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:48 am

I've been asked to add my two cents why I posted the LA advice I did. Firstly, I think saying looting to a faction who does not fully trust us as a bad move. I mean I know I would not accept such an offer personally so I went to looking for an alternative for looting because I did not want them to misunderstand that we were going to take only from the drow we had defeated.

That's how I came to the thought that asking for services in return for our help might be advantageous to us in the long run, especially if we can negotiate favourable contracts because let's face it, they need us to take back their home. Right now we have the power in the deal brokering end that could be used if warranted. However I would advise against such heavy handedness now and win us a long term ally.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Wy'shira on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:16 pm

I think we need to give up on spoilers of war.  Anj basically implied that the dvergar will view it negatively, and she said that only the minority of them even like us right now. We could lose our allies by making any such deal.

Even Biel's option looks like a really bad idea from what Anj said in the recent LA.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby goblin6 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:59 pm

I agree with Biel that we do not loot the spoils, there probably won't be anything of value anyway. The enemy drows we're going up against are mercs, slaves and other riffraffs, whatever gear they have are most likely inferior to ours. Plus, the dvergars have this honor mentality and may view looting the dead as dishonorable. I also agree that establishing a permanent alliance and trade agreement is the way to go; at the moment, they're our only source of getting minerals and ores, and in exchange, we give them food. I also would like to prove the dvergars that not all drows are backstabbing scum like the Chelians, but I also have a less altruistic motive. If we can gain their trust, maybe they'll part with their knowledge of how to make cannons and explosives. As well as another underground route to Chel for our own merchants.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Xalgoz on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:14 pm

How about we make an outstanding offer to purchase any golems, mana items, or possible slaves (if the duergar do not keep slaves) after the battle for equivalent items like food that they can actually use instead of drow-specific items that are useless without mana? That way they aren't losing any items of value and are free to turn down the offer if they want to keep the drow items for some reason.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:16 pm

Xalgoz wrote:How about we make an outstanding offer to purchase any golems, mana items, or possible slaves (if the duergar do not keep slaves) after the battle for equivalent items like food that they can actually use instead of drow-specific items that are useless without mana? That way they aren't losing any items of value and are free to turn down the offer if they want to keep the drow items for some reason.

I agree with this 100%. We can afford any price they want. We might even start a trading alliance with them. There is no downside to this idea in my opinion. Perfect compromise.

ETA: "We'll purchase any golems/mana items found after the battle at your prices." (75)
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Xalgoz wrote:How about we make an outstanding offer to purchase any golems, mana items, or possible slaves (if the duergar do not keep slaves) after the battle for equivalent items like food that they can actually use instead of drow-specific items that are useless without mana? That way they aren't losing any items of value and are free to turn down the offer if they want to keep the drow items for some reason.

I support this idea. It will be the first real trade with items, not with ressources and services between our folks, so it would be seen as a good starting point for those dvergar who haven´t meet us yet nor had the chance to talk/work with us so far.

Also depending on the outcome, we might want to throw a festival with the many food/vine we got with the travel group once the battle´s done and the dvergar city secure.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Loniar on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Wy'shira wrote:

ETA: "We'll purchase any golems/mana items found after the battle at your prices." (75)

Agreed. I vote we do this using Wy's wording, unless someone else can come up with a better one.
Loniar
Tainted

Postby James Rye on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Hm, let´s not be too hectiv please. It´s a good one but maybe someone will get done a better one in a few hours. Remember alot of players are living in other timezones and haven´t read the update yet.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Conference Hall