Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Terms of victory after the war is won.

Postby Xalgoz on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Revised wording:

We offer to purchase from you any mana items or golems found after battle (73)
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby James Rye on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 pm

^That sounds better cause it leaves off the *at your prices*, that way we can still negotiate and show some strength on ourselves that we´re not beggers or servants but equals, both in fighting and traiding.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Thalar on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Don't post about this topic in the current LA votes.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby James Rye on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:24 pm

Thalar wrote:Don't post about this topic in the current LA votes.

Okay, but when should we?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm guessing its something we can safely put on the back-burner until the 'war' is (mostly) resolved...

I fully agree with re-terming the process as "trade" rather than "Looting" - When I suggested the wording that I did to Minalia, it was mostly because I couldn't think of a better way to say it (at the time). But yes, basically, anything advice that says that we are interested in negotiating 'trade' for the 'spoils' is a much safer way to go than calling it 'division of loot'...

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Tamo Shua on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:50 pm

I’m wondering if, one should not ask for any of the plunder. It seems to me, in the last story post in the leader section that the dwarves have helped us out, a lot. Other then food and the like should we even ask for anything in this war. It would be more then nice I know, but would it strain relations with them? In the end we want the dwarves, and cats for that matter coming to us, and us to them. For trade, and such without suspicion, fear or even racketeering.

Just some thoughts.

ok, forget the racketeering part, been playing Godfather the five family’s too much.
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby Timotheus on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:02 pm

I wish to point out what is strongly being hinted at by our Ilharess and Game Mistress is we already HAVE a deal with the Devarger over this campaign and suddenly trying to change the terms is not a real good idea as we head into the actual combat part of things. It doesn't look good to our allies and makes us look very mercenary and not at all trustworthy. As our goal was to establish a long term relationship with them, I don't think pissing in the soup is a good idea. We should just let things lie for now and deal with the spoils after there are spoils to deal with.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Hetros on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Timotheus wrote:I wish to point out what is strongly being hinted at by our Ilharess and Game Mistress is we already HAVE a deal with the Devarger over this campaign and suddenly trying to change the terms is not a real good idea as we head into the actual combat part of things. It doesn't look good to our allies and makes us look very mercenary and not at all trustworthy. As our goal was to establish a long term relationship with them, I don't think pissing in the soup is a good idea. We should just let things lie for now and deal with the spoils after there are spoils to deal with.

This. A thousand times this.

We can offer to buy stuff from them AFTERWARDS. BUY. BUYYYYYY Not demand, not ask for as a gift, offer to TRADE for. Over time is necessary.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:56 am

I think we seem to be in agreement... Leave things as they were already 'arranged' for now. Once the fight is resolved, THEN we can worry about 'acquiring' (through trade) choice bits of loot or whatever.

AS for the lack of anything in the LA about this. I'm mildly confident that 'no advice' will taken as meaning 'stick to existing plan until/unless advised otherwise'. So we shouldn't have anything to worry about except perhaps a slightly grump An'Jhali...

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Previous

Return to Conference Hall